PDA

View Full Version : At least they got something right...

DonFrederik1986
01-18-2007, 10:15 AM
I think I've managed to find the only thing in this game that works. The Uninstaller...

The game along with any profiles that could leave as much as an essence of it's presence on my computer is now thoroughly deleted from my hard drive.

After months of waiting for a patch I now fear will never arrive, I have decided to give up on this game, as it is still in the same state as when I received it, and tore open the packaging like a child with a christmas present: Unplayable.

Ubisoft have succeeded in killing one of my most favorite game series for the PC, and I have made a decision never to buy any of their games again. I hope all you people out there still waiting for a solution get one, but for me not even splinter cell is worth waiting that long for.

Well at least they got something right... The Uninstaller was like nothing else in this game: Swift and painless.

Splinter Cell Double Agent has killed my inner child...

Killdozer0000
01-18-2007, 12:42 PM
It's true, they should get some credit for having a good uninstaller. Well done, Ubi.

I had the same experience as you: I was really excited to play another game in this series (I own and love the previous 3). The worst part is, I actually recommended this game as a Xmas gift for other people based on the quality of the past three. Way to destroy all the trust you've built up with the customer, Ubisoft.

I just want my $50 back and then I'm done with this company and any of their future releases.

coreware
01-18-2007, 03:10 PM
I agree it's a shame they screwed up the series so much. I can understand a few bugs here and there, but the unlockables just not working PERIOD. How the hell does **** like this make it to final? Do they even test the game at all?