PDA

View Full Version : A few questions.

xheartshapebox
08-21-2008, 09:38 AM
Hey, im new here so hello!

Having never played a far cry game im very curious about this one. Ill definately be getting it, as im a free roamer addict.

My question is whats the far cry series like for exploring? Just wandering around like say in Oblivion or GTA. Is it fun to do etc?

Secondly, just how big is the map, compare it to another map in another game (gta mabye).

Thanks

xheartshapebox
08-21-2008, 09:38 AM
Hey, im new here so hello!

Having never played a far cry game im very curious about this one. Ill definately be getting it, as im a free roamer addict.

My question is whats the far cry series like for exploring? Just wandering around like say in Oblivion or GTA. Is it fun to do etc?

Secondly, just how big is the map, compare it to another map in another game (gta mabye).

Thanks

xianoa.
08-21-2008, 09:59 AM
the best part of far cry [pc] was you could approach a mission from numerous ways. like, snipe from a distance or go in with a silenced weapon. then theres always teh "BLOW CRAP UP" approach. or a mix of all three. it was very innovative at the time and its still a good game when i play it now.

this continued onto the console versions, but limitations at the time really didnt make the series a full free roamer. this game seems to really emphasize on the that function. the ability to approach an encounter in multiple different ways; never being the same.

the map maker has always been top notch in my opinion and it seems theyve altered quite a few of the issues i had with the last generation

xheartshapebox
08-21-2008, 10:03 AM
Thanks for replying

xianoa.
08-21-2008, 10:32 AM
any other questions?

xheartshapebox
08-21-2008, 10:36 AM
Yes if you dont mind http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

As i said i love exploring etc,will there be enemies randomly walking about the world, or are they specifically only in camps and towns etc.

Because it'd be nice to be strolling around and spot someone to take out, rather than do a mission or head to a campsite for a bit of action.

xianoa.
08-21-2008, 10:41 AM
i think there are guard outposts by main roads. like; a little shack with a car or two and some guards.

they may implement poachers, you never know! on the previous games, there were patrols that roamed the area's near bases..well we cant base this off previous games because its not being made by crytek anymore. however, i think Ubi-Montreal will do a very good job.

tl:dr i think there will be various enemies planted in the area's between bases to entertain you.

xheartshapebox
08-21-2008, 10:43 AM
Thanks alot for your replies mate.

xianoa.
08-21-2008, 10:50 AM
woops i didnt see your previous post. well the world is stated at being 50 square kilometres. thats a lot larger than oblivion and gtaiv.

Want2Snipe
08-21-2008, 12:06 PM
xianoa, I am a little skeptical based on the lies that UBI has given us before so... what real proof do you have of all this you are mentioning about the game? Is this based on hearsay/previews/trailers?

IceT-Bag
08-21-2008, 01:15 PM
A combo of interviews with devs on the FC2 team, along with numerous trailers of gameplay.

adarwinter
08-21-2008, 01:40 PM
there are so many interviews on this game with so much great information about why FC2 is so unique so instead of asking question how about go and read all those interviews in gamespot or ign. they will tell u all u want to know in a much shorter time than asking ppl here.

if u REALLY want to know a SH%T load of stuff about this game just look here:
http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/1521068375/m/5...871080876#2871080876 (http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/1521068375/m/5271070876?r=2871080876#2871080876)
it's a really long read but it teaches so much about the intentions about the game.