PDA

View Full Version : New spells for Expansion

SajberToffe
05-13-2006, 06:27 AM
One wish I, and I belive many others, have is more spells for the expansion. But what spells could that be?

Every faction is currently aligned with two magic schools, and every Light/Dark/Summoning/Destructive combination is already covered. So new factions would need new schools of magic, but what kind of school could that be?

Light - Buffs
Dark - De-buffs
Summoning - Creation
Destructive - Destruction

Is there room for any more, or are these too general?

Also, is there any spell you'd wish return from previous games? Do you have a good idea for a spell?

I don't know if the spell Fire Aura from Homm4 was any good, but I think an effect like that would be nice for destructive magic, so it would have some (destructive) buffs too.

SandroTheMaster
05-13-2006, 12:20 PM
I have a few ideas of my own. It would be best fitting to add one spell to each level of each school. One more spell of each element would be good as well.

Here a few ideas:

Destruction:

lvl 5. Lightning Storm: Cast in an 3x3 area, works like firewall, but rampers initiative and ceases movement when damages something moving through it with lightning mastery (so a creature in the center will most likely lose an action if tries to move.) Lasts 3 turns. Dmg about the same of fireball.

Dark:

lvl 4. Necromantic Chant: Works somewhat like a mix of summoning and ressurection. You cast on any stack with dead creatures, these creatures are raised at your side of the battlefield as undead ones of equal level. Hits ressurected equals the raise dead/ressurection. It also prevents raising/ressurection of the raised hitpoints.

Summoning:

lvl 3. Rock Formations: Occupies a square in the battlefield with a a pillar of earth that blocks movement. It CAN'T be cast closer than two squares from any creature or any obstacle, it works as any usual obstacle, lasts 2 turns. (Basic, advanced and expert lasts 3, 4 and 5 turns)

Light:

lvl 1. Forced March: Target creature moves 125% it's normal move, but has 50% lower initiative until the next action. Lasts 1 turn. (At basic, advanced and expert the move is 150%, 175% and 200%).

C_h_u_c_k_l_e_s
05-13-2006, 12:29 PM
To be honest, I wouldn't be surprised to see a new magic school or two with a future expansion. I'm fairly certain we'll see more than one new town. So it might make sence to add another school or two. As for new spells, yep, I'd be shocked if we didn't see at least a few new ones.

Jolly-Joker
05-13-2006, 12:46 PM
I don't think the current system allows that; if you create new spells you have to create new abilities as well. That, however, would certainly create problems.
Another school would be easier; furthermore it would make 10 combinations possible. This, however, doesn*t look easy as well. Possible would, probably Chaos which would be just another word for "the big mix of everything"; In practise it would mean that all the new spells would simply form a new school, something like a "surprise" school.

Vicheron
05-13-2006, 06:29 PM
There are a lot of good spells from Heroes 3 and 4 that they should have included in Heroes 5, mirth, fortune, sorrow, misfortune, vampiric touch, cat reflexes, flight, martyr, banish etc.

SandroTheMaster
05-13-2006, 11:56 PM
Aparently, all of these spells WERE and would STILL be umbalanced. (Specially vampiric touch, giving it to a creature that ISN'T weak like the vampires could be really strong.)

KingImp
05-14-2006, 12:38 AM
I was thinking about maybe a Healing type magic since a main spell (Cure) is missing from this game, but I can't possibly think of 10 spells to go into this magic.

SajberToffe
05-14-2006, 01:05 AM
Originally posted by Jolly-Joker:
I don't think the current system allows that; if you create new spells you have to create new abilities as well. That, however, would certainly create problems.
Another school would be easier; furthermore it would make 10 combinations possible. This, however, doesn*t look easy as well. Possible would, probably Chaos which would be just another word for "the big mix of everything"; In practise it would mean that all the new spells would simply form a new school, something like a "surprise" school. You mean Master of Curses, Master of Mind etc. ? Couldn't those be expanded? Master of curses would boost Weakness, Suffering and Misfortune (or whatever new spell could be added)

I was thinking maby there could be Destructive spells that combined two elements, Lightning/Fire, which would be boosted by both Master of - ability, plus it would help out elemental chains, if they still work like this (http://www.heroesofmightandmagic.com/heroes5/ability_elemental_chains.shtml).

phoenix_reb1973
05-14-2006, 02:30 AM
There are few spells , which I would be add to H5 expansion :

Destructive - Desintegration , a massive singletargeted damage spell doesn't allowing to resurect or animate the target .

Dark - Raise gholas , animate part of the parished stack as their undead copy ( undead paladin for example with ) with all their stats and abilities , except morale bonus .

Light - Prayer , I am just confused that they didn't include this cool spell already . In H3 it was very useful , especialy mass version under Loynis leadership http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Summoning - Elemental quards for mines , but that elementals shouldn't be available to fight by friendly hero , only to hostile , else it would be a base for free experience

Infiltrator-SF
05-14-2006, 03:54 AM
Isn't all spell related but how about:

Adding a FOURTH base ability to all skills. That's mosly for Earth Spells' Sake, For example lowering the attack value of a unit (opposite to fireball).

FirstAidTent
05-14-2006, 10:10 PM
I'm just wondering why there aren't more Adventuring/World Map spells...

For instance,

Alamar's Shroud of Darkness: Creates a Fog of War over intended target.

Half-Dead's Fatigue: Removes 1/2 of the total movement points of intended target in its next turn.

Gavin's Wall of Force: Creates a tile of magical barrier on the world map (for a duration) that can only be dispelled by magic or a new(?) artifact that could dispel magic.

Eye of Gem: A spell invented by Gem the Sorceress. By placing this spell on a ladybird, she could then command the ladybird to stick on an enemy hero. Wherever he/she went, the Fog of War would be cleared for both the enemy and the caster.

Xenofex's Flametongue: When protected by this spell, any enemies initiating a battle with you will suffer burning damage immediate after combat starts.

Ironfist's GryphonHeart: Treats all terrain tiles as Grassland for a duration.

SandroTheMaster
05-15-2006, 12:00 AM
Originally posted by Infiltrator-SF:

Adding a FOURTH base ability to all skills. That's mosly for Earth Spells' Sake, For example lowering the attack value of a unit (opposite to fireball).

Looks like an interesting option, but what about making the target to have less move in their next action?

And what about an ability for summoning that makes the arcane shield an area effect?

SajberToffe
05-15-2006, 01:43 AM
Originally posted by SandroTheMaster:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Infiltrator-SF:

Looks like an interesting option, but what about making the target to have less move in their next action?

And what about an ability for summoning that makes the arcane shield an area effect? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Would be nice, but if a new ability would be added, I think it should boost the new spells, as the standard abilities do. Destruction would get Master of Earth, while Summoning, Light and Dark would also get booster abilities. Or do you mean a Hero specific ability, like exorcism?

I feel a healing spell is missing, but then again we have the tent, Haven's lay hands and doesn't Raise Dead heal too?

Perhaps Leadership could get a normal skill "Tolerance" which would allow you to have several different races except undead in your army without negative morale penalty.