PDA

View Full Version : Silincers

Polishwonder
07-11-2011, 09:25 PM
Has anyone heard if silincers will be avalible for snipers?? I love stealth gameplay and in farcry 2 that part of the game to me was broken I dont want to run around with a dart sniper all game and the the same assult rifle and pistol for 40hours!! my piont is we need more silinced weapons!! Your thoughts Thanks

Gump_the_Great
07-11-2011, 10:38 PM
It is still quite early, if you watch the trailer tho, you can see that the pistol with the silencer on it has the silencer labeled in blue, kinda symbolizing that it is indeed an add-on. plus there is the same gun without a silencer. I would assume you wont be able to silence EVERY weapon (Silenced Desert Eagle FTW!) but they most likely will be attachments now.

k4Anarky2011
07-11-2011, 10:41 PM
well that would make the game too bloody easy to play since all enemies would be too far away to notice the shot to at least take cover

Polishwonder
07-11-2011, 11:32 PM
How is that going to make it too easy alot of games have silent snipers like ghost recon series and rainbow 6 and it works fine the AI should be good enough to notice you if you stay in on spot to long!! All Im saying I want to feel like a bad *** and be able to stock my prey not kill one guard with a silinced pistol then have to whole village magically know my postion and open up on me!! (Like far cry 2) also Im not talking about laying prone in one spot and picking off everyone in a whole village Im just hoping the are more stealth elements!!

k4Anarky2011
07-11-2011, 11:48 PM
well u have your preferences i have mine

In Far Cry 2 I feel like a badass after I have carried out my assault plan perfectly without getting shot and minimize ammo use. Seeing my enemies dead and their little huts on fire at night is a sweet after taste

Don't compare something like Far Cry 2 to rainbow six. They are two different types of games

In Far Cry 2, stealth DOES WORKS. You screwed up because you treated this game like your average shooter while it's not. See, this is why a lot of people hate this game. When people see a game that actually play against them, they tend to get possessive and irritated

I have gone through plenty of outposts with a silenced makarov without a hitch. The only times I got busted are when I didn't notice another guy 15 feet away; it's a realistic measurement. Pay more attention to the game and it will pay more attention to you.

Polishwonder
07-12-2011, 12:08 AM
Im glad you can tell me how I treat a game Im not comparing the games at all Im talking about sniping and yes I also love Far Cry 2 and felt like a bad *** but my definition of badass is not being seen using the jungle. but there where to many holes in the stealth gameplay I thought and I understand that your opinion is diffrent then mine. Also I played the game like far cry since I was playing far cry but Im glad that somehow you've seen me play!!

k4Anarky2011
07-12-2011, 12:23 AM
My point is that there is nothing wrong with Far Cry 2 but our own impatience.

Don't expect the game to act a certain way. Because it won't and it will give its best effort to screw with you in the most glorious way possible. That's the untold beauty of Far Cry 2

Besides, a game in the scale of Far Cry wouldn't work with a silenced sniper rifle anyway. You can just stand a mile away and picking off enemies while his friends don't know a damn thing

BUT!!! It would be awesome if you are way up there, ninja-snipe the enemies then suddenly a gunship fly in from nowhere and start pounding on your position http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif

Polishwonder
07-12-2011, 08:17 AM
Ok I get your point but you make it sound as If Far CRY 2 is perfect. And that is not the case because Far Cry 2 is far from perfect!! but I still enjoyed it and hope they im prove alot of things in number 3.

Thraxus360
07-12-2011, 05:57 PM
Originally posted by Gump_the_Great:
It is still quite early, if you watch the trailer tho, you can see that the pistol with the silencer on it has the silencer labeled in blue, kinda symbolizing that it is indeed an add-on. plus there is the same gun without a silencer. I would assume you wont be able to silence EVERY weapon (Silenced Desert Eagle FTW!) but they most likely will be attachments now.

I'm hoping that it's more like MGS3 and siliencers (supperessors sorry that's what they are really called) are limited use and will stop working after so many shots. It just makes them that much more tactical and less manditory.

InsanityPlea95
07-12-2011, 06:10 PM
I'm hoping that it's more like MGS3 and siliencers (supperessors sorry that's what they are really called) are limited use and will stop working after so many shots. It just makes them that much more tactical and less manditory.[/QUOTE] you realised the developers are sticking on a more realistic route and degrading silencers (or suppressor both are acceptable) would be terrible and i can pretty much guarentee that wont be in there (notice i said pretty much not indefinitley) and also ppl who say the stealth was ok in far cry would be right if it werent for the fact that the silenced makrov isnt a oneshot most of the time and the second somone gets hit EVERYne knows were you are in far cry 3 it wont be an issue cause you can break LOS and vanish were as in 2 no matter were you went they still knew your genral area and didnt stop looking for you it was still a great game but it had its flaws whitch from the e3 demo i can tell have mostly been address and theyve even made certain things better that i didnt think neded inprovement

Thraxus360
07-14-2011, 03:49 PM
Actuaaly if they want it more reallistic than they would degrade over time. Your typical sound supperssor will gradually lose it's ability to dampen noise, in real life it can take 20-30 magazines (depending on caliber bullet, material of the suppersor, and how often/well it is cleaned). Now muzzle flash supperssors take a whole lot longer to degrade. Oh it's also a firearms thing but it really is a supperssor and "silencer" is the holywood speak for it, just like it's a cartridge (round is another one that is typically considered correct) instead of a bullet (a bullet is the projectile that is propelled not the whole thing).

Also stealth was boken in FC2 and the silenced makrov was a one hit kill if you went for headshots. Granted stealth was almost useless in FC2 except to get to the area where you make your stand.

I'm just saying if you put a constraint on something as useful as a supperessor you wind up making it so it is a tactical choice to use it instead of a manditory you really need one. This actually forces a player to change play styles while they play with out making it seem like it was forced, it's the smarter route. BTW I think this is why guns broke in FC2 to force you into differnt play styles, the problem in FC2 was it pretty much boiled down to Rambo, hit and run, or just plain run and the weapons broke too quickly.

DUUSxNOR
07-20-2011, 01:59 PM
I hope they include suppressor for some of the weapons. I don't think they will make it possible for all, especially the most powerful ones (Desert Eagle, .50 snipers etc.) Even though they exist. But at least I hope they are add-ons, and not a specific suppressed weapon (like the MP5-SD and Makarov). It would be great to be able to get an mp5, for example, with/without a suppressor. It's nice to see that we get another suppressed pistol than the makarov. I hate that weak and ugly gun!

But I guess they will make it as simple and realistic as possible. Suppressors (or special weapons) aren't that easy to come by as a one man guerilla force!

dogs265
07-23-2011, 05:20 AM
i think a silenced ak 47s,i think we should have more guns like ww2 guns,grease guns,mp40s,mp5s,m1,2,and 3 carbines,ross marks 3
colt ar-15,m1917 lee enfield,m1 garand,ariska types of guns. plus also i think silencers on all those weapons. i also think we should have even more guns like mauser gun 1912,wa 2000 sniper,
gew 98,volksturm vg1,m70,1957 carbine,bm59,ka wz/88 tantal.from charlie.