PDA

View Full Version : UBI.com Online Play Issues With Heroes V - TotE (v 3.1)

Kayjacka
04-13-2009, 12:53 PM
Hey everyone,

I've been scouring boards for a few days now and can't seem to find a solution to the issues a friend and I are having so I thought I'd just describe my situation and hope someone can offer a solution. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

So we both bought Heroes V - TotE through Steam a couple days ago. We have version 3.1 and have been able to successfully get online. We see eachother in the channels prior to starting a game.

HOWEVER, the issue seems to come when we start a game. One of us hosts, the other is able to join. We choose our faction, hero, bonus... etc. We then start the game. Just when it looks like things are going to work out, we both get the message that the other person has been disconnected and get knocked out of the game. We've tried several times now and always the same result.

Has anyone else experienced anything similar? Is this a port issue... or a firmware issue? I'm not a networking expert by any means, but I remember having some weird issues with WoW a while back before I upgraded the router firmware or whatever. I'm just speculating, but I'd appreciate any feedback anyone could offer me.

Thanks in advance,
Jordan

Kayjacka
04-13-2009, 12:53 PM
Hey everyone,

I've been scouring boards for a few days now and can't seem to find a solution to the issues a friend and I are having so I thought I'd just describe my situation and hope someone can offer a solution. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

So we both bought Heroes V - TotE through Steam a couple days ago. We have version 3.1 and have been able to successfully get online. We see eachother in the channels prior to starting a game.

HOWEVER, the issue seems to come when we start a game. One of us hosts, the other is able to join. We choose our faction, hero, bonus... etc. We then start the game. Just when it looks like things are going to work out, we both get the message that the other person has been disconnected and get knocked out of the game. We've tried several times now and always the same result.

Has anyone else experienced anything similar? Is this a port issue... or a firmware issue? I'm not a networking expert by any means, but I remember having some weird issues with WoW a while back before I upgraded the router firmware or whatever. I'm just speculating, but I'd appreciate any feedback anyone could offer me.

Thanks in advance,
Jordan

nevermindspy
04-14-2009, 04:57 AM
Try to play with hamachi , Good Luck .

throvolos
05-14-2009, 09:23 PM
That is the exact same issue that multiplayer with any version of HOMMV has had from Day 1 of release, when trying to play multiplayer through ubi.com.

Really vehemently massively do not understand why this never got fixed.

Or at least had a TCP/IP option where you could try to connect to your friend's IP.