PDA

View Full Version : No sky?

Narf2027
03-30-2005, 12:41 PM
I am using a Radeon 9500 with catalyst 5.3 and I have no sky. At night the stars are there, during the day they are not, but 24/7 the sky is solid black. I also have a ginormous moon 24/7, large enough to totally block the view if you look near its center. The moon also covers over any ships that are in the same direction, IE they are behind the moon. Does anyone know what could be causing this?

datzap
03-30-2005, 01:37 PM
You may want to check your shourtcut. Make sure that the startin box has the same directory as the run box. That is right click on the shortcut and select properties. If there is nothing in the "start in" box copy the contents of the "run" box and past into the start in box. Be sure to remove the app.exe file (can't remeber the actual name of the exicutable file). This should clear up the Big circle. I don't know if it will help with the black sky though.

Narf2027
03-30-2005, 02:20 PM
Thanks. I found a fix for the big circle problem, and that also happened to fix the sky problem. If anyone else is having either problem, running the game through the Detection Tool gets around it for me.

IronAceOfThDeep
03-30-2005, 06:14 PM
im having that "Giant Moon" problem lol its kinda annoying after a while, how exactly did you get rid of it? ive tried everything http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/cry.gif any help would me much appreaciated thanks

Narf2027
03-30-2005, 07:56 PM
In your start menu > Ubisoft > Silent Hunter III (assuming you put it there), pick Detection Tool. It has a button to launch the game. For me, when I run the game like that it fixes the sky and moon problems. It is also suggested that you can go to the folder you installed the game to and directly run it from there to fix it. Hopefully there will be a patch for it heh.

IronAceOfThDeep
03-30-2005, 10:34 PM
thanks for the help, worked great