PDA

View Full Version : Probelm running game on laptop

METALKIRK22
04-04-2006, 09:21 AM
Ok guys, if someone could help i'd be very grateful, my machine is a laptop DELL INPSPIRON 6000; with a vid.card: Mobile INTEL 915GM/GMS, 910 GML Express; 128 MB. In the requirements list that comes with the game they are ALL ticked, but still i cant play it, once i choose my profile in single player, it says the game is 'loading' then dissapears back to my desktop. I can play Counter Strike/Half life, AVP2, etc on my laptop, so why cant i play Pandora Tomorrow, any help at all is highly appreciated. Thanks

METALKIRK22
04-04-2006, 09:21 AM
Ok guys, if someone could help i'd be very grateful, my machine is a laptop DELL INPSPIRON 6000; with a vid.card: Mobile INTEL 915GM/GMS, 910 GML Express; 128 MB. In the requirements list that comes with the game they are ALL ticked, but still i cant play it, once i choose my profile in single player, it says the game is 'loading' then dissapears back to my desktop. I can play Counter Strike/Half life, AVP2, etc on my laptop, so why cant i play Pandora Tomorrow, any help at all is highly appreciated. Thanks

jzorro
04-04-2006, 10:43 AM
Laptops are not supported by the game (as stated in the minimum requirements on the package or in the manual). Some do work, but most do not. One problem is with ones using a graphics chip like you have instead of an actual video card. The chip shares memory with the system rather than having its own which means that it "borrows" memory when it needs some, reducing the amount available for the rest of the system. In most cases, this is not a problem, but game graphics demand too much and it over taxes the system and it shuts things down. But even having a real graphics card does not always work on laptops either. "Laptop versions of these chipsets (the list of supported video cards) may work but are not supported."

Mert-11
04-16-2006, 03:18 AM
yeah

was about to say i got a laptop Acer Aspire 5560 and the game works fine on it.