PDA

View Full Version : Marble Lock Broken?

person1229
01-17-2006, 03:37 PM
I have completed Spire and have my color code:
http://timnation.com/color.jpg

but when i do the marble puzzle to put it in, it says im wrong. I see the colors as (clockwise) Purple Cyan Blue Yellow Blue Green, is my screen wrong? Or is my lock broken? Because i know i have inserted the code right!

Alahmnat
01-17-2006, 03:42 PM
Can you take a screenshot of the combination you put into the door itself? It's possible there's an error in the way you put things in, but I can't say for sure without seeing the code. For what it's worth, your colors appear to be correct.

BulaRae
01-17-2006, 08:52 PM
Except that Purple is not one of the six colors so how are you doing it? Are you considering Purple to be Magenta? It could be Red.

pkwooster
01-18-2006, 05:49 AM
What does the medallion look like at the top of the elevator, the colours appear differently up there, can you post that view.

person1229
01-18-2006, 01:25 PM
Originally posted by BulaRae:
Except that Purple is not one of the six colors so how are you doing it? Are you considering Purple to be Magenta? It could be Red.

did you look at the picture?

BulaRae
01-18-2006, 01:43 PM
What do you mean? Of course I looked at the picture. Do you understand the objective of the puzzle and that your monitor/video card is obviously not displaying the colors correctly if you are seeing "Purple"?

person1229
01-18-2006, 01:52 PM
well what color do you see?

http://timnation.com/m4 <my journal, pics of medal from both top and bottom of elevator and what i put into the lock....

I didn't get through the dream puzzle yet, does that have any effect?

BulaRae
01-18-2006, 01:59 PM
I see purple because you sent a screen shot which will capture it as you see it if it is your video card distorting the colors.

The only way we can figure out what color "purple" is supposed to be is for you to also post a shot of the door and all the marbles and via elmination we can try to figure out what "purple" really is.

BulaRae
01-18-2006, 02:02 PM
ok, i just put your pic in photoshop and made the colors more realistic (based on the metal and the background) and it shows up that the purple is Magenta so you've got (clockwise)

M-C-B-Y-B-G

So if you go to the door and everywhere you see purple consider it magenta you should be ok, unless your red on the door is messed up too

person1229
01-18-2006, 02:12 PM
ugg i know why, my color calibration is for LCD, (im on my iBook) but there's others, i didnt like them cuz they made everything more blue, but im gonna have to use them i guess

person1229
01-18-2006, 02:13 PM
So if you go to the door and everywhere you see purple consider it magenta you should be ok, unless your red on the door is messed up too
Like i said, the code wasn't working. So even if i used the same colors, the door still wont open. (note my final picture in my journal)

BulaRae
01-18-2006, 03:11 PM
ok, the code will work so you either are not doing it correctly or possibly you are using a code from another save game and not the game you are in.

Are you clear how to solve the puzzle by putting your colors in the inner ring then making trios of colors based on those inners so there are combos of C-M-Y and R-G-B?

To make sure you might also want to return to Spire, go down the stairs from the top to the elevator where you left the elevator and take another look/pic at the medallion

BulaRae
01-18-2006, 03:12 PM
oh and one other thing... are you pushing the button when you're done?

person1229
01-18-2006, 04:10 PM
congrats on 1000th post

did you look at my journal, the codes are both from the same game. but they CMY RGB thing... i dont follow exactly look at my journal pic of the lock... thats not right is it..

http://timnation.com/m4

nanoukmetal
01-18-2006, 04:36 PM
I went and checked your last picture. I hope you did some more work because the color puzzle is not complete in that picture. Why not show us the completed one ?

BulaRae
01-18-2006, 04:39 PM
Hah! Cool! I didn't even realize I was approaching the old 1000!

Ok, so you're not even close with the puzzle other than you have put your colors in teh innner ring, which is correct.

Now you need to move the marbles into the two spots that are coming out from each of your colors.

For example on the top one it is Magenta, so put a Cyan and a Yellow there. On the next one it is Cyan, so put a magenta and a yellow there, on the next one it is Blue, so put a green and a red there... you are making trios of eaither C-M-Y or R-G-B (but they don't have an order, so if blue is your marble, you can put a green on the left and a red on the right or a red on the left and a green on the right...) get it????

person1229
01-18-2006, 05:36 PM
yeah, sorry about all that... the walkthrough i had read said not to worry about the out side ring... guess not!
Hah, well i just beat the game about two minutes ago, and had solved my lock problem a bit ago... sorry for not reporting that!

My Virtual Journal is gone.. i recommend against clicking the link... (its dead now)