PDA

View Full Version : Poll : Bring Back The Mutants/Monsters Y/N?

Tropical69
11-02-2007, 11:10 PM
The word has it that there will be no Mutants & Monsters in Far Cry 2.

Now in Africa they have lions and elephants, whether or not these creatures make it to the game, i have no idea. but i can tell you now, i dont get thrills by killing endangered species even if they attack me..

But what i do like is having the hell scared out of me, Theres nothing that compares to being weaponless and stalked by a trigen in the dense undergrowth! lol

--------------------------

What are your feelings on this whatever they maybe??

Any Storyline ideas for Mutants/Monsters in Far Cry 2??

CuZtds_Lst_Stnd
11-03-2007, 06:13 AM
LOL, nice sig!

My initial reaction was that no mutants was a good thing, but you hit the nail on the head in one of your phrases resonated a little...

Theres nothing that compares to being weaponless and stalked by a trigen in the dense undergrowth
Part of the reason an awfull lot of people disliked them was they didnt stalk, they had basic straight line attack AI. If there was something (be it a mutant or predator) that actually had an approach akin to stalking prey, it would be a lot more interesting...

Thats got me thinking now. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

R1ZN0
11-03-2007, 07:22 AM
If they change the storyline from the announced version to one that reflects a real FC2 then by all means load them up with trigens.. the problem is Mutants make absolutely no sense in the given storyline. None at all.

Tropical69
11-03-2007, 07:04 PM
CuZ :
hey thanks for that CUZ http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif.. Your right about the trigens not stalking, but once their interest was sparked it wasnt so bad lol

Rizno :
well yep i agree to a point, but i see no fat lady yet, i know she's close to being on stage though haha..
yes, but remember also that, farcry 2 is paving for farcry 3, so in that sense i dont think its too late at all.

just another little idea!
----------------------
I can just see on the last level of farcry 2, the final ending moments of the game, you hear the sound of a chopper overhead and then Trigen leaps out of the jungle toward the player in a cut scene.. and then a Jack Carver suddenly appears from nowhere with the biggest gun youve ever seen, the game finishes with a close up of Jack and fades into blackness and the sound of weapons fire & growling!!
----------------------
come on guys lets see a little enthusiasm here eh??

Malcavitch
11-04-2007, 02:10 PM
I am curious about your feelings that trigens are scary, i found nothing scary about those monsters/mutants. I did like the game when they first appeared, they where fairly rare, and you could still play the game like it was a tactical shooter. I feel that there can be plenty of fear connected to just the animals living in Africa. elephants, hippos, and rhinos are the largest land animals on the earth, and are very scary when aroused. Lions are true stalking animals. Trigens when they find you will just start attacking you, a lion wont. There is a movie I feel that you should see, look for Ghost and the Darkness. It is about two rogue lions that attack a bridge construction in Africa. Fear does not need mutants or monsters to be effective.

Tropical69
11-04-2007, 04:07 PM
um i think the thing that really attracted me to far cry was the element of fear (the unnatural horror elements of the game) Return to castle wolfenstien had the same effect on me, but what you say is true about wild animals being able to install the same fear in a player/person, eg an old lion which finds it easier to prey on domestic cattle near by villages or on the villagers themselves or being charged by a wounded buffalo or a bull elephant.. but for me its all to close to home, species are all endagered these days, having to kill a beautiful big elephant which i have done already in some of these hunting simulation games, really made me feel rotten for some reason, even though it was intense, i just didnt like it. it made me feel ashamed and sad, even though the elephant was just pixels.. but then thats just me..

so for me its the sci-fi horror elements of the game "the unknown", that along with the down to earth game play.

In FarCry, on the level where you are pushed out of the chopper and land on the cliff with the water fall and that Trigen coming towards you was just awesome, then having to run down the shallow river without ammo to get to the deep water was fantastic too.. so yeh i did feel scared the first couple of times i played the Trigen levels. I just loved those levels

also another thing that makes me think its ashame that the Trigens might not be making a comeback in 2 is that their AI development could of been improved so much, making them stalk without it just being line of sight etc.. I was playing CRYSIS DEMO yesterday and was cloaked as i watched the AI sensing that i was near and they followed me for 50 meters or so which was most interesting, I got through the whole demo on hardest setting without even firing a single shot which i thought was pretty funny!

Youve raised some good points Malcavitch, i dunno if any of this makes any sense to you, but what ever happens Tridens or not Far Cry 2 will be fantastic im sure, oh yeh Ghost in the darkness, yeh thats a great flick.

Stg.joshw
11-05-2007, 02:49 PM
Im not sure how i see the mutants in this game. Maybe after you got out of that jungle and now your kinda mutated you go to Africa to save someone or maybe use your wild instinct to stop some bad organization. be interesting to see how this plot and setting plays out.

Vals_Evil_Twin
11-07-2007, 02:50 AM
The mutants in FarCry, especially the ones that used to leap everywhere, aren't that much different to monkeys. So the animal is already rigged, it hardly has to be modified for FC2.
Africa is alive with primates: monkeys, apes, whatever..especially the rainforests.
Good thing about monkeys is they have the melee attack.

When the Ebola scare was on and they had to go into the cage area and try to recapture the monkeys, it was possible for those little 10 lb monkeys to rip a man to pieces.....VERY scary!

They had cobras(admittedly GAY) and jaguars in boiling Point:Road top Hell that had a fair melee attack, so should be easilypossible in FC2.

eviltimes
11-24-2007, 12:42 PM
(nice pix vet...)

Animals that behave like animals and die like animals are fine.

Animals with super human abilities are always wrong in this kind of realistic tactical shooter.

Naaaah1234
11-24-2007, 08:30 PM
In several interviews, Clint Hocking has stated that there will not be any predatory animals in the game, such as lions and so forth. The reason is that a predator's AI will lead to them killing all of the other animals in the game. Considering I do not think mating will be added, it would not take long before all the gazelles would be gone. Great logic even though I would love to have a lion hunting at night. Supposedly though, the gazelles will act as if the predators are out there in how they act in their daily routine.

It is definitely best to keep the mutants out. First, all of their research proved that this is what people wanted. And if you seriously and honestly think about your experience with Far Cry, the beginning levels were best and this is what they are building a whole game of. Crysis has the same problem...literally amazing first levels, then falls into the FPS trap and is disturbingly straight-forward and boring after you lose the liberty.

Just my two cents...

Portchyboy
11-26-2007, 07:14 AM
I think 90% of the fc community HATED the trigens in farcry. It was just too much, when I first got the game I stopped playing the single player shortly after they started popping up and if I ever played sp again (other than to actually finish it, nearly 2 years after i bought it lol) I would only play the first few levels, because they were much more fun!
On top of that, they scared the bjesus outa me, which is the reason why I avoid games like doom, silent hill etc. I scare easily!
So yeh, keep em out, right click, send to recycle bin!

anton_es
11-26-2007, 07:46 AM
sorry but the devs stated in interviews and Q&A that 95% of the ppl they asked hated the trigens. so NO trigens was decided early on.

further they said they will have wildlife in FC2 but no predators that hunt wildlife or could attack you. they have to concentrate on the enemy/buddy/squad AI and can't afford to develop a carnivor as well.

FinalxDeath
11-26-2007, 08:17 AM
I like Mutants... But some how i cant see them fitting in Africa?

So in this case.. No Mutants.

Execpt, Maybe for a Predatore Online Game Type... Since that really was alot of fun on FCE&FCP

satankin13
11-28-2007, 06:05 PM
i said yes but mutents dont fit in africa and i look like Jc so i have to side with bring back jack with or without mutents i dont care.

(prefurbly) Mutants come too =)

Portchyboy
11-28-2007, 07:49 PM
Originally posted by satankin13:
i look like Jc

prove it http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif

satankin13
11-29-2007, 07:55 PM
Originally posted by Portchyboy:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by satankin13:
i look like Jc

prove it http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

oh i will =) need to find my camera lol

CrazyKing21
12-20-2007, 07:19 PM
ya the mutants are kind of ruining the game like they pop out and you have to shoot them so quickly it just like turns it into a strange game. it would be cool if you could here people talking about them and temples that tell stories or something like a side quest but no mutants.

ori1
12-22-2007, 02:04 AM
We have the lessons of Crysis about the Aliens - and linearity - in the final part http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Six_Gun
12-22-2007, 09:45 PM
Two things come to mind here:

1) They aren't even entertaining the idea of putting in predators due to claimed conflicts with the herbivores and/or NPCs, so why would they want to include mutants instead?

2) If they WERE to include hostile animals, the indigenous predators of Africa would be far more apropo than turning it into another sci fi. Mutants don't fit the story or setting.

Voting on this question is rather pointless, thus I chose not to. The question/thread was simply not thought out well.

IceT-Bag
12-23-2007, 08:28 AM
Originally posted by Six_Gun:
Two things come to mind here:

1) They aren't even entertaining the idea of putting in predators due to claimed conflicts with the herbivores and/or NPCs, so why would they want to include mutants instead?

2) If they WERE to include hostile animals, the indigenous predators of Africa would be far more apropo than turning it into another sci fi. Mutants don't fit the story or setting.

Voting on this question is rather pointless, thus I chose not to. The question/thread was simply not thought out well.

http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/agreepost.gif

Jack-Myers
12-23-2007, 11:35 AM
I see no logic to add mutants to FC2 anymore. It's africa and its huge, mutants would ruin it, but they didn't ruin the first far cry since it was in tropical island. But why people are saying crysis sucked because of aliens or non-linearty?
It firstly was suppose to be non-linear, but it didn't work as they wanted that is why they made it non-linear. The storyline is something like hollywood movies (like independence day).
Just try to make a game with aliens and ambient storyline in NON-LINEAR world. It's easier for FC2 to be non-linear since the story is realistic, though Crysis story can be taken as realistic. You never know what is out there somewhere http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif.

Ignabold
12-24-2007, 02:26 AM
No-one was complaining about Crysis being Non-linear, chance would be a fine thing. It is Very linear in the final stages, IMO from inside the mountain onwards, and definitely once you reach the aircraft carrier. Pretty sequential in the rest too for a modern PC game.

Xero993
12-30-2007, 07:49 AM
Replace the freaks with fluid, smart, hunting, and aggressive (due to something like a chemical being released), imagine stalking enermies in the grass before slaughtering them only to notice some lions that have been attracted by the sound to pounce on you from the bushes! But if producers do this i hope they don't make it stereotypical with just lions, hyenas are very dangerous too as well as wild elephants and maybe even chemically extra agressive eagles, etc.