PDA

View Full Version : I find the UI frustrating on several points

xxW00LYxx
10-25-2011, 11:33 PM
Particularly when there's a bit of string changing, I dont know why but i find it difficult associating colors with strings. Orange looks like red and blue looks close to puple.

Determining which fret they're indicating can be annoying too. Sometimes because I cant tell if the note is lying on a fret marker or not (often getting 2nd and 3rd fret confused). The shifting can also be hard, especially when the camera is changing angles or switching between zoomed in and out. Example: it's zoomed in at the 7th fret and indicating 8th fret orange...so now i have to determine that's orange, not red, see which fret is around for reference (3rd, 5th or 7th dot?) and then find, fret and pluck the note--by that time the note has passed, the camera angle is moving again and i repeat the process :\

I REALLY wish there were much more configurability of the UI! Let me choose to play "zoomed out" then I wouldnt have problems figuring out position. The config I want the most is to be able to flip the interface upside down because i think that may be where my issue lies: i'm used to seeing tabs upside down! For example, look at how it does the D chord: http://cdn.gamerant.com/wp-content/uploads/Rocksmith-Chords-280x157.jpg I'm much more used to seeing the "blue" string on the bottom of the diagram. But D chords are easy...game asks me to do Bbm7 in the middle of a string of notes and i have to sit here and flip it upside down, translate this color gibberish into notes and i'm just like "FU RS"

All in all i suppose some more practice will help with these issues but more (OR ANY!) ui config options (PLEASE!!) would certainly help with frustration levels...i've been playing guitar for years

GimbalLock
10-26-2011, 12:16 AM
you can Flip the String oration to be like Tabs. its in the Options.

xxW00LYxx
10-26-2011, 12:34 AM
wow, i had no idea that was in there...i had looked in options for this specific function but didnt find it, thanks!!