PDA

View Full Version : This game kinda sucks

crazenewb
01-02-2009, 07:07 AM
I've been playing it for the last 2-3 days and i wish there was more to it,
* the jumping is hard to get used to (holding and releasing the rt button is kinda lame) and you can't change the control settings i've tried.
* the mountains are a bit small, you're at the bottom before you know it.
* the soundtrack could be better. (one song could use a bit more cowbell).
* and last, not a big deal, but it would be nice if you could set up the character to be regular or goofy footed.

crazenewb
01-02-2009, 07:07 AM
I've been playing it for the last 2-3 days and i wish there was more to it,
* the jumping is hard to get used to (holding and releasing the rt button is kinda lame) and you can't change the control settings i've tried.
* the mountains are a bit small, you're at the bottom before you know it.
* the soundtrack could be better. (one song could use a bit more cowbell).
* and last, not a big deal, but it would be nice if you could set up the character to be regular or goofy footed.

Paradisius
01-02-2009, 11:57 AM
You have to be one with the mountain! Small step until you earn the moves. Practice on the same runs starting with the easy tep,the jumps and spins, than rails.... but master the first of the tricks first. Before long you'll be doing triple flips, corkskrews, taipans, canadian bacon's etc. Of course, you also have to aquire boards that suit you. If yo notice how many boards are in realtion to the mountain count, you'll find and even amount of each style for each mountain. Albeit, I have yet to igure out which masters each hill.... just try them out.

The controls are indeed hard to get used to, but heck, all games have some flaw. Give it time and ou'll really appreciate the open wonder and comfortable online experience to be had.

Cheers! Oh, I was frustrated in the beginning too, but doing the same stupid move over and over has pad off. Under my real PSN id, i hve rarely lost or came in below 2nd, unless the darn battery lost its charge during play.

Paradisius
01-02-2009, 11:59 AM
ok, i guess my keyboard is stuck on stupid, i just noticed all the typonese in that post. Apologies... thinking that I should always type with one finger as opposed to the right way. Anyone else experience this when using laptops?

JClarke24
01-02-2009, 03:28 PM
I strongly disagree, This game rocks. It brings me back to the old SSX days which I loved. This game is a lot more realistic and better graphics, the story line may blow but if you want a story read a book. This is a very good boarding game with a really good soundtrack despite a few very annoying songs.