PDA

View Full Version : New SC maps wont install...

GreenTorpeedo
04-01-2005, 09:35 AM
on the dvd Version there are extra maps for original SC, or so it says. when i hit setup the following happens:

splash screen
accept terms licence
to apply the patch click next screen
processing patch
instantly after previous
update aborted (OK)
patch exceted with error ######
nothing

yea so does it work for others? it should be noted that i have 2 hard drives SC on D:

and i have the mast current patch from Ubi soft. (1.2b i think)

So let me know what the deal is if you have had this problem or what.

Thanks

GreenTorpeedo
04-01-2005, 09:35 AM
on the dvd Version there are extra maps for original SC, or so it says. when i hit setup the following happens:

splash screen
accept terms licence
to apply the patch click next screen
processing patch
instantly after previous
update aborted (OK)
patch exceted with error ######
nothing

yea so does it work for others? it should be noted that i have 2 hard drives SC on D:

and i have the mast current patch from Ubi soft. (1.2b i think)

So let me know what the deal is if you have had this problem or what.

Thanks

GrimlockCW
04-04-2005, 10:53 AM
doesn't work for me, and seems most anyone on the side of the US, though i've heard some other countries versions can get it to work for them.

read somewhere Ubi is all being hush hush about it ATM but i got told i was being threatening when i noted it as false advertising in my tech support inquiry to have it labeled as having bonus levels and then not have them nore mention it requires the original game.

GrimlockCW
04-06-2005, 01:56 AM
heh, after an apoligy noted i got a real response. this one distresses me a bit though.

"We are expecting to receive a copy of the Collector's Edition Chaos
Theory as early as tomorrow. You should expect to hear something from me
after I've had time to fool around with it and see for myself what it's
doing."

at least its a stare, but why wouldn't the company have a copy readily avail for a game they are supposed to be supporting? CE edition or not lol, ahh well, as long as somethings in the works i'm happy now.

assuming they stick with the "INCLUDED" feature and don't try to hock off something to make me spend more money to get the bonus levels

QuickFix
04-06-2005, 02:19 AM
Let's hope this get's fixed. I wanna play those 3 levels. My friend says there some of the best maps in SC.

GrimlockCW
04-08-2005, 07:58 PM
fix smix
they said they got it in and its a bugged patcher.

and to keep the reciept and disk.
the prob gonna replace the disks, but my issue is i dumped the receiept already during a huge cleanup of my barracks room (**** the room inspections! ;p )

mmjjbb
04-09-2005, 11:03 AM
I have the same problem, the bonus levels won't install. I notice the patch files on the DVD are only 2 megs. The version 1.2 patcher alone should be 11 megs, nevermind the additional levels. Looks to me like this could only be fixed with a completely new dvd.