PDA

View Full Version : Dungeon/Asylum

derus
06-05-2005, 01:34 PM
Im really sad because I think that Dungeon is going out. Every thing points out this way. There are four that are almost for sure in the game. One spot left for three more towns. There isnt any clue that will tell us dungeon is back, the only thing is that dragons will be in but they didnt say BLACK dragons, the could be the bone dragons and the farie dragons. Maybe they will make a very good expansion based on the war between Order/tower vs Dungeon/Asylum and will be great but I really cant imagine the game without this two towns. And we will have to wait till the realese of the expansions, its not fair, Dungeon has been there since the first heroes......

Penguinslayer
06-05-2005, 04:16 PM
its not fair, Dungeon has been there since the first heroes......

But dungeon was only present in Heroes3? I'd rather see the return of warlock. This way there would still be minotaurs and red/black dragons, which is enough dungeon for me ^^.

Zimmymasaki
06-05-2005, 04:18 PM
6 towns really just isn't enough for introducing a new town. I wouldnt mind 7towns and one being new but only 5 original towns pretty much guarntees that a lot of my favorite creatures won't be there and probably not my favorite town. On the other side maybe this new town will be simply stunning.

GhostDracolich
06-05-2005, 04:21 PM
Castle
Inferno
Necropolis
Rampart
Forge
xxx

Are going to be in.
Its all a matter of Wizard/Warlock/Barbarian.

C_h_u_c_k_l_e_s
06-05-2005, 05:34 PM
While I wouldn't complain if it WAS in there, but I'd be very surprised if they added the Forge.

Mike447a
06-05-2005, 05:59 PM
it's only HIS opinion http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif won't have a forge :P

Nervous
06-06-2005, 11:57 AM
Where is the fortress? Where are the Lizards, the Gorgons, the Basilisks, the Wyverns?????
It´s a great loss...

Lich_
06-06-2005, 12:22 PM
What is more likely is that there will be:

Haven
Inferno
Rampart/Preserve
Necropolis
(INSERT A TOWN HERE)
(A NEW TOWN)

(A NEW TOWN)They told us, that's a completely new race, not known to us, so I have an assumption it might be some underdark creatures, such as mindflayers and such (A more suitable for me), but I think it might be half-dragon (human/dragon crossbreed), and I really hope it won't happen...

(OLD FAMILIAR TOWN)I'm pretty sure it will be a Barbarian town. It's magic less, also neutral (assuming Inferno, necro are bad and Rampart and Haven are good) to others.

I also wish we could get back Order and Chaos, which were those I liked more than inferno or haven...

ygds
06-06-2005, 01:24 PM
So far it is just too soon to tell. We really have only confirmed perhaps 3 towns (inferno, knight/castle/haven, and necropolis). This infers, according to the fantasy rule of dichotomies/opposites that there must also be a sorceress/rampart faction to oppose the necropolis. That leaves two factions left, and I dare say we are breaking our brains over what will fill these spots. I think they will be two might factions, as there are four magic typed (not necessarily magic based or magic preferable)factions already. One of the last two will be familiar to us, and no heroes game ever tried the unthinkable of removing the barbarian/stronghold/might faction. So the order is as follows (notation is according to race or corresponding heroe class):

1.Knight
2.Demon
3.Necromancer
4.Sorceress
5.Barbarian
6.Whatever you want

The fact is i do not believe their is room for the warlock/dungeon/asylum faction or the wizard/tower/accademy faction. However according to the rule of dichotomies that heroes games follow, whatever is there probably best opposes the barbarian/stronghold/might faction. I think the forge would fit here but many people are opposed (according to the law of dichotomies) to this idea. I think the wizard and warlock towns are the ones that take the shaft, until the expansion.

However, dungeon/asylum hopefuls may still have hope, if the necropolis and preserve/sorceress factions are actually just a slew of neutral creatures that don't get organized into factions till the expansion. therefore there are now two more spots open, ready to be filled by wizard and warlock, respectively. This obeys all laws developed by the series and is really not that unusual. the elemental conflux did the same thing with the normally neutral elementals (though the elemental conflux seems to be a last minute effort to please fans).

But for me i can do without the warlock and wizard factions for now. But if they are still in, they have to be combined to form the new town. This would obey the law, because the might/ barbarian town would be opposed by the epitomy of magic, hence, Heroes of might and magic.

That's all I have to say.

Zimmymasaki
06-06-2005, 02:06 PM
Actually a nature town is pretty much confirmed, there is a drawing of one in the concept art and if you look how close everything else has been to its concept art my guess is that it will stay in.

Arzang
06-06-2005, 03:05 PM
Nyah. I never liked the Dungeon/warlock/whatever faction.

The ones I think are a MUST-HAVE are;

barbarians, "good" humans, undead and demons.

if you ask me; the whole warlock town could be left neutral. it made no sense in H4 (yes. I'm using H4 to support my argument. kill me) that there was a faction devoted to chaos. without ANY structure the town won't function.

to me barbarians had their pride connecting them, humans their righteousness, undeads were more or less drones and the infernal creatures were chaotic enough.

no need for a dungeon/asylum town if you ask me.
this is the town I'd be the least sorry if I saw left out.

thegrandpumba
06-06-2005, 03:08 PM
Originally posted by Zimmymasaki:
Actually a nature town is pretty much confirmed, there is a drawing of one in the concept art and if you look how close everything else has been to its concept art my guess is that it will stay in.

That's true, plus I think that I've seen screenshot with atleast one farie on the adventure map.

The Order/Wizard and Chaos/Warlock were 2 of the classic superb races and it would be really sad if they were left out. It would not be cool if these only showed up in expansion.

Arzang
06-06-2005, 03:08 PM
on the whole subject of Good vs Evil and alliances:

The story is pretty much messed up already. Too much focus on dragons and the knights allying themselves with the undead.

I wouldn't be surprised if we would see two human towns; one archaic/good and one that allied with the undead. or maybe some humans will flee to live with the sexy fair elves. or not.

either way: the whole "good vs evil plot" is so easy to mess up that I would've seen them leave it and go for something new. good and evil are just excuses for colonialism anyway..

Atriux
06-06-2005, 10:29 PM
I really hope we get a warlock town.. black dragons a big part of the game, and also titans to some extent in the wizard town.

I am ok with them coming in the expansion, aslong as it's not just 1 extra town, but 2.

Omni-Potent
06-06-2005, 10:50 PM
-knight
-death
-demon
-nature
-barbarian
-music...(they play bad music at there enemies and they fall over with little or no casualties)

Vicheron
06-06-2005, 10:55 PM
They could combine the Warlocks with the Necromancers since like 90% of all Necromancers were once Warlocks and Warlocks are the only ones that know how to make the Lich's Phylactery.

Galgoyle
06-07-2005, 01:09 AM
Where is the Fortress people, WHERE IS MY BELOVED HERO TAZAR. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/cry.gif I wan't TAZAR back!!! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/51.gif

J4CQU3S
06-11-2005, 01:56 AM
Someone needs to tell ubisoft and nival and all other producers or whatsoever, that they need to put in more towns! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/784.gif

UndeadDontDie
06-11-2005, 03:17 AM
Originally posted by Vicheron:
They could combine the Warlocks with the Necromancers since like 90% of all Necromancers were once Warlocks and Warlocks are the only ones that know how to make the Lich's Phylactery.
Hmmm... I just read this post...
If they will do that, the Undead fans (including me) will be extremely pissed, it would mean someone managed to screw over the Undead twice in a row by combining them with another completely unrelated and inappropriate town.

Monteniger
06-11-2005, 09:27 AM
Originally posted by Vicheron:
What a stupid Idea.Some of the best creatures(including minotaurs,medusas and Black Dragons won't have a town).And I think that Heroes V without Dragons is a misteake.

infernalgnu666
06-11-2005, 09:46 AM
Actually, heroes V will have dragons up the alley. Maybe the BD will be neutral, who knows? I felt they quite overdid it in AB what with all those sorts... Azure, Rust, Black, Red, Gold, Green, Faery? what next? Pink elephant dragon? Giant mutant whale-dragon?
Dragon dragon? Ah, this post is falling OT so I'll drop it here.

derus
06-11-2005, 10:28 PM
I think that there are 4 towns almost confirmed:
Necropolis, Nature, Castle and inferno. But I was looking at the video of HOMM V and saw something quite interesting, when the Castle beat the inferno and they just have the heroe left a bone dragon apear from no where, maybe its a summoning or something, dont understand where he come from. And the video is what the game is going to be like and you see how in the beggining of the video they show the world map and how they enter the batle, and there is no bone dragon around. Maybe they are summonings and they havent say that sandro is not comming back because he is comming back on the expansion whith all the other undead creatures with the story being somehow like Undead vs the world.

rasdel
06-12-2005, 10:48 PM
I am feeling pretty down too...i mean i am a hardcore Wizard/Warlock player, either one is great (even though i do like the wizard better). I cannot even think of a HOMM game without this two factions, there is NO WAY a medieval fantasy game can survive without wizards...it just can't! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/51.gif
About dragons...there is a drawing somewhere..circling around is some fan sites, about a siege. It's basically a siege in a human town, u see the town in flames and everything. In the front of the picture there is a human knight (female) fighting a demon-like creature (male-looking)...now what caught my attention is that in the back the human town is being attacked not by demons...but by Dragons. Now, if this is actually concept art it could mean the evil hero is not a demon but some kind of dragon/humanoid (maybe that legendary dragon it's talk in the interviews) this would lead to the idea that the new town is basically dragon in all their might. I would HATE THIS! but as we know it's not in our hands, and the desicion of the new town is already taken, all we gotta do is wait... http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-sad.gif

Monteniger
06-13-2005, 05:16 AM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by rasdel:
QUOTE]
PLEASE give the link to that picture http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/11.gif

rasdel
06-13-2005, 07:47 AM
ok...here is the link to that picture i am talking about:

http://media.pc.ign.com/media/736/736187/img_2779185.html

u can see both heroes fighting in a fiery hell, and dragons attacking the human town in the background (but there is no demon around) therefore maybe that ain't a demon hero...

Monteniger
06-13-2005, 08:58 AM
Thanx rasdel.Well whatever that is it is powerfull.
I just hope that it isn't some evil half-dragon but the time will show.
btw can this heroine be Queen Catharine?

Secret_Holder
06-13-2005, 09:01 AM
Originally posted by derus:
I think that there are 4 towns almost confirmed:
Necropolis, Nature, Castle and inferno. But I was looking at the video of HOMM V and saw something quite interesting, when the Castle beat the inferno and they just have the heroe left a bone dragon apear from no where, maybe its a summoning or something, dont understand where he come from. And the video is what the game is going to be like and you see how in the beggining of the video they show the world map and how they enter the batle, and there is no bone dragon around. Maybe they are summonings and they havent say that sandro is not comming back because he is comming back on the expansion whith all the other undead creatures with the story being somehow like Undead vs the world.

I think what you are talking about is the "unredicted event", where a bone dragon will come out of nowhere and attack the winning army at the end of a battle.

P.S: I don´t hope that the "unpredicted event" makes it into the finished game.

rasdel
06-13-2005, 06:59 PM
Even though it might give some realism, the unpredicted events could make the game pretty tedious...i mean imagine gettin' your butt kicked by a dragon coming from nowhere and having to recriut your whole army all over again, that could be a REAL PAIN IN THE BEHIND! (even though another word comes to mind, anyone?? starts with an "A" http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/35.gif)