PDA

View Full Version : WOW! I cant believe this!

silenthowl
04-26-2008, 09:31 AM
I seriously...cannot believe...how many cry babies are on this forum... It reminds me of the COD4 forum right when the game came out..Everyone crying about all the flaws saying "WE NEED AN UPDATE!"

So when the companies finally come out with an update.....People still cry...Saying they screwed up Team Deathmatch..

They didnt screw up Team Deathmatch, they just took your option of SPAWN CAMPING away..so you cant sit in one spot the whole map and "spawn camp" and at the end of the match..trash talk and act like your all GOOD..

Another reason why you are all whining...

It's not the fact that they didnt do a good job on the Update--because they did---It's just the fact that they didn't make it "To your standards"

I mean if you have all these HIGH standards.. I cant imagine what's going to happen when you all get out into the real world...Because putting up this much fuss over a video game...Please...Go out and experience the real world...Learn how to use a gas pump...do something....

Just stop complaining about the same issues that this forum has been overflowed with..If you dont like the game...dont play it...simple as that..

Leave it to the one's that enjoy the game..and play it for fun..

Again.. awesome job on the patch...Everyone got their PRIVATE FIRST CLASS achievement....The only issue i see is the fact that nobody can spawn camp anymore..

Well I'll give it to you like this.. No more spawn camping...Means you have to use skill now... So you better get use to it....

SLO_MVR
04-26-2008, 09:36 AM
http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/agreepost.gif http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/agreepost.gif http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/agreepost.gif

Pretty much summs up my thoughts exactly!

rabthelad
04-26-2008, 10:44 AM
indeed

Gypsy816
04-26-2008, 10:50 AM
It's nice to see a positive outlook. And you just wrapped up all my thoughts and spit them out. Well done. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif

bornforhaze
04-26-2008, 10:57 AM
http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/agreepost.gif http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/agreepost.gif http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/agreepost.gif http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/agreepost.gif http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/agreepost.gif

volt-light
04-26-2008, 11:02 AM
http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/agreepost.gif

To be honest, it is our fault for complaining that people were camping like cry babies (not me or you guys, i mean the cry babies), so ubisoft said, 'ok, we'll do what they say' and now your all complaining that they messed it up.

abnegnejs
04-26-2008, 11:20 AM
silenthowl how much is Ubi paying you?

silenthowl
04-26-2008, 11:27 AM
Originally posted by abnegnejs:

LOL UBI isn't paying me anything..i am just speaking the truth..the game is great..people just have to much HIGH expectations..they drive their parents mustangs..and expect everything to be handed to them in tip top shape..

That is why i tell them to go experience the real world, because we all know..in the real world...nothing is perfect...that is what they fail to realize....

abnegnejs
04-26-2008, 11:35 AM
Originally posted by silenthowl:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by abnegnejs:

LOL UBI isn't paying me anything..i am just speaking the truth..the game is great..people just have to much HIGH expectations..they drive their parents mustangs..and expect everything to be handed to them in tip top shape..

That is why i tell them to go experience the real world, because we all know..in the real world...nothing is perfect...that is what they fail to realize.... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

So you work for free?

Just kidding. You're right, nothing is perfect, but there are so many games out there that are better than this.

DISEMAN_x
04-26-2008, 11:47 AM
You must be new to this game or feeling sorry for Ubisoft. I can't imagine anyone who's played previous versions liking this update; or at least the random spawn portion of it anyways.

People complain because they spend money on something expected and then get hit with an unexpected change in an update.

You evidently place this game as a run and gun type of player, which perhaps explains why you like it. If you never recognized all the strategy that can go into this game, you might reconsider your position.

RSV had good strategy ability and was great fun because of it. Then RSV2 came out and took away some of the strategy (example: making motion sensors go off the map after a few minutes). Then the update came out and all strategy was basically removed.

It's great you love the game as it is. Others don't. In fact, you and your followers here appear to be definitely in the minority when combing this forum and the on-line play for opinions.

SPQR Radical
04-26-2008, 11:56 AM
So when the companies finally come out with an update.....People still cry...Saying they screwed up Team Deathmatch...

They didnt screw up Team Deathmatch, they just took your option of SPAWN CAMPING away..so you cant sit in one spot the whole map and "spawn camp" and at the end of the match..trash talk and act like your all GOOD..

Oh please. Save the drama and sob stories. Stick to the truth. No one on the boards asked for random respawns. I cannot believe how many times I have spawned right behind an enemy or someone has spawned right next to me for an easy kill.

Of course, I love how you try to play anyone off who doesn't like the random respawns as a big bad spawn "camper" who cannot use his big bad evil strategy to beat up on the poor people just trying to have fun. Now we are also only doing it so we can talk big bad trash to everyone and "act like we are good".

Originally posted by silenthowl:Another reason why you are all whining...

It's not the fact that they didnt do a good job on the Update--because they did---It's just the fact that they didn't make it "To your standards"

I mean if you have all these HIGH standards.. I cant imagine what's going to happen when you all get out into the real world...Because putting up this much fuss over a video game...Please...Go out and experience the real world...Learn how to use a gas pump...do something....

I payed $60 of my hard earned money on a game and was enjoying it. I didn't ask for them to change the TDM mode. Sorry, but if I go out and buy an SUV, I am not going to be happy if they take back the vehicle and trade it out for a coupe.

Originally posted by silenthowl:Just stop complaining about the same issues that this forum has been overflowed with..If you dont like the game...dont play it...simple as that..

Again.. awesome job on the patch...Everyone got their PRIVATE FIRST CLASS achievement....The only issue i see is the fact that nobody can spawn camp anymore..

Well I'll give it to you like this.. No more spawn camping...Means you have to use skill now... So you better get use to it....

So I assume you loved the game for what it was before the patch. I assume you had nothing to complain about at all? You never complained once about anything. If you said no, you're full of it. If you say yes, then maybe you should have went out and bought a different game. Don't be a hypocrit and try to play down our issues with the game after a patch came out just because you're happy with it.

I guess all us big bad people who don't like the changes are just big nasty spawn campers who never played for fun, we only played to ruin the poor casual gamer's day.

The fact is, the game plays like COD4 now with it's mindless run n' gun action. Spawn trapping, not camping, was so easy to stop that it is laughable that anyone complained about it. If they would use the gadgets available, communicate, and use a little teamwork it is very easy to stop a spawn trap. If spawn trapping was only done by no skilled players, how did your team let them set up in their positions to spawn trap you. I can tell you how. You either, A, let them kill your team until they got into position or you, B, they got around your team and sneaked their way into position. Either way, you're team was the one that let them spawn trap you. Sorry, that is the way it is.

Orb_vs.
04-26-2008, 12:10 PM
Some of you guys are just hopeless!

If you value your 'strategy' and 'tactics' so much, then why in the world are you even bothering with infinite respawn Team Deathmatch? Why?

In my opinion, Ubi just took a mode that was, in R6's terms, just for fun and made it a LOT funner.

Seriously, these generalized statements about how 'they spawned right in front of me all the time' are totally bogus! I've played plenty of matches in TDM post-update, and the biggest change I've noticed is that games are a LOT closer then ever before, and require a great deal MORE skill to succeed.

The OP is suggesting that all the complaints are coming from people who have no ethics regarding spawncamps. And the OP is right! While I don't necessarily feel that spawncamping was a huge problem, the game is so much better off without it.

And since it's been insinuated against me before, yup, I do like COD4 and Halo, and yup, I think that the way those games handle respawns is pretty fantastic. The people who complain about it are people who can't deal with chaos, with randomness, with chance and circumstance. And guess what? All things in life are governed by such things, and those of us willing to adapt to rapidly changing waves of opposition will win, and will win consistently.

Because, at the end of the day, you cannot deny that the system of old was not a game of 'strategy' or 'tactics' -- it was a game of rote memorization. It was a game where the game spelled out all the strategy for you. Now it's no-holds-barred.

Quit freaking complaining -- or go somewhere else.

SniperGimp
04-26-2008, 12:20 PM
Great OP.

People should learn to appreciate that they even got anything. Ubi could just have moved on to their next project. They chose to give some support, even if it wasn't what you expected. Ubi isn't the powerhouse of say EA. They don't have infinite resources (aka man hours).

I love the game, it's got a few glitches (like pings not showing in my searches). They are hardly worth all this grief.

Caniac
04-26-2008, 02:05 PM
I seriously...cannot believe...how many cry babies are on this forum... It reminds me of the COD4 forum right when the game came out..Everyone crying about all the flaws saying "WE NEED AN UPDATE!"

So when the companies finally come out with an update.....People still cry...Saying they screwed up Team Deathmatch..

Just stop complaining about the same issues that this forum has been overflowed with..If you dont like the game...dont play it...simple as that..

Well I'll give it to you like this.. No more spawn camping...Means you have to use skill now... So you better get use to it.... I agree with your comments and to me it takes no skill at all to spawn camp so good riddence. Random respawns keeps you on your toes and you have to adjust and be aware of your surroundings not just focusing forward and opens up the map more. I guess players that are used to having their way won't or can't adjust so they say it sucks. Some people act like it is their game and everyone else is their for their enjoyment that is why they set up matches to their advantage. Sounds like people play the game just to spawn camp nothing else.

Blackaman
04-26-2008, 02:26 PM
Bla bla bla bla bla..........

meivj00
04-26-2008, 03:00 PM
whine about the whiners..no thats not pathetic http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/1072.gif

DexLuther
04-26-2008, 03:47 PM

I love people that equate complaining about issues to not knowing anything about "the real world." I'm sorry, but it seems to be you that doesn't know much about the real world.

When you buy a product from a company, oh lets say an electric razor for oh 150$. Do you not expect that razor to shave like a razor worth 150$?

Are you not pissed off when that 150$ razor can't shave the fuzz off a Peach or is so painful you would have been better off saving that 150$ and shaving with a rusty swiss army knife instead?

Yeah I bet you would be mad. I know I would be.

Instead of a razor for 150$ they sold us a video game for 60$. I expect to that video game to actually be worth my 60$ too. Vegas 2 wasn't. They barely worked on it at all except for new maps and weapons that could have been released in a patch/DLC for vegas 1 (which would cost a lot less than 60$). Putting that aside, they release the game full of bugs that are really unacceptable.

While it's true that no game will ever be perfect, many of the bugs found in Vegas 2 are very obvious (dropping frame rates, texture pop-in, sound loops, the game not working at all in certain PS3's, etc) and COULD -- No, SHOULD have been fixed before the release. The errors found in Vegas 2 transcend human error and venture well within the territories of human incompetence, human laziness, and/or just plain greed.

Since I'm obviously no going to be getting my money back from Ubisoft or Ebgame, I'm going to continue exercising the right I have in REAL LIFE, and that's my right as an unsatisfied costumer to complain. That is unless you're planning to give me my 68.98$ back yourself.

I have no issue with spawn camping though, since I play with respawns off.

EDITED: for typo.

SiCkBoY2008
04-26-2008, 03:53 PM
Originally posted by DexLuther:

I love people that equate complaining about issues to not knowing anything about "the real world." I'm sorry, but it seems to be you that doesn't know much about the real world.

When you buy a product from a company, oh lets say an electric razor for oh 150$. Do you not expect that razor to shave like a razor worth 150$?

Are you not pissed off when that 150$ razor can't shave the fuzz off a Peach or is so painful you would have been better off saving that 150$ and shaving with a rusty swiss army knife instead?

Instead of a razor for 150$ they sold us a video game for 60$. I expect to that video game to actually be worth my 60$. Vegas 2 wasn't. They barely worked on it at all except for new maps and weapons that could have been released in a patch/DLC for vegas 1. Putting that aside, they release the game full of bugs that are really unacceptable.

While it's true that no game will ever be perfect, the many of the bugs found in Vegas 2 are very obvious (dropping frame rates, texture pop-in, sound loops, the game not working at all in certain PS3's, etc) and COULD -- No, SHOULD have been fixed before the release. The errors found in Vegas 2 transcend human error and venture well within the territories of human incompetence, human laziness, and/or just plain greed.

Since I'm obviously no going to be getting my money back from Ubisoft or Ebgame, I'm going to continue exercising the right I have in REAL LIFE, and that's my right as an unsatisfied costumer to complain. That is unless you're planning to give me my 68.98$ back yourself.

http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/clap.gif

DexLuther
04-26-2008, 04:03 PM
Originally posted by SiCkBoY2008:
http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/clap.gif

Is that sarcastic? lol

NOLIFEDOTCOM
04-26-2008, 04:04 PM
If you guys want you're realistic game then play NO respawns. The game was full of run & gun shotgun noobs before the patch. Now they can run & gun all they want in TD.
No respawns is more tense and requires more strategy.

mufasaninja
04-26-2008, 04:06 PM

Yeah, spawning behind someone and shooting them requires a lot of skill.

The respawns are terrible. This game was different because it was more tactical, with the amount of team communication and the cover system.

Now, both of those things are completely ruined. No more cover. No more team tactics. No more holding down a chokepoint, like the middle hallway in Junkyard. People actually spawn INSIDE the middle hallway.

There is no skill in this game anymore. It has just turned into who has the luckier random spawn. It has turned into Call of Duty 4. But COD4 pulls it off better. Random spawns fit a game like COD4 because of the pace of the action. Rainbow is slower paced, but random spawns don't match it at all.

You have to wear a helmet to play this game anymore. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/35.gif

DexLuther
04-26-2008, 04:10 PM
Originally posted by SniperGimp:
Great OP.

People should learn to appreciate that they even got anything. Ubi could just have moved on to their next project. They chose to give some support, even if it wasn't what you expected. Ubi isn't the powerhouse of say EA. They don't have infinite resources (aka man hours).

I love the game, it's got a few glitches (like pings not showing in my searches). They are hardly worth all this grief.

They didn't CHOOSE to. It's their JOB to. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Originally posted by mufasaninja:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Well I'll give it to you like this.. No more spawn camping...Means you have to use skill now... So you better get use to it....

Yeah, spawning behind someone and shooting them requires a lot of skill.

The respawns are terrible. This game was different because it was more tactical, with the amount of team communication and the cover system.

Now, both of those things are completely ruined. No more cover. No more team tactics. No more holding down a chokepoint, like the middle hallway in Junkyard. People actually spawn INSIDE the middle hallway.

There is no skill in this game anymore. It has just turned into who has the luckier random spawn. It has turned into Call of Duty 4. But COD4 pulls it off better. Random spawns fit a game like COD4 because of the pace of the action. Rainbow is slower paced, but random spawns don't match it at all.

You have to wear a helmet to play this game anymore. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/35.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Vegas 2 slower paced? hahahaha Every server I jump into that has unlimited respawns (following my friend's invites http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/shady.gif ) were ALWAYS (before and after the patch) all about running and gunning with what ever (usually SPAS12 or an LMG). There's never any tactics involved in a game with respawns (unless there's an objective). People just don't care if they live or die, so they run and gun and try to rake up as many kills as possible before they are shot. Lather, rinse, repeat.

Cronos_Vengence
04-26-2008, 04:35 PM
So...lets see...

We have complainers that there was spawn camping.

Then complainers of those complainers that changed the spawn.

Then complainers of the complainers who complained about the complainers who were complaining in the first place.

And now we have complainers of the complainers of the complainers of the complainers who started this bloody mess by complaining.

You are all a bunch of complaining idiots if you ask me. Oh bloody hell, now I am complaining.

ZakkWylde1970
04-26-2008, 05:11 PM
All my following comments relate to PC gaming only:

I really didn't buy this game for ONLINE play, as I've played all the past RB6 GR games and felt that they were OK at best during multiplayer. I bought this game to PASS THE TIME until FC2 and BF3 are released. I feel that the BEST online FPS games are the BF series! So all the complaining to me doesn't really matter. NOTHING REALLY MATTERS--It's all BS! LIFE is BS. I am just on this earth to having a really good f-ing time, and I could care less if somebody has their poor feelings hurt. I have bigger fish to fry than worrying about how this game behaves ONLINE--WFC!

I will say that I haven't really had one single problem with this game--no CTD's, and haven't noticed any bugs or performance issues.

E6600 CPU OC'd a hair
ASUS p5
Nvidia 8800 320mb over 1 year old vid card
3 gig ram
No sound card
22" 16:9 LCD gateway

This computer is a couple years old and it's FULL of dust and ****. 6 months after Crysis was released I can finally get it to work decent because of all the patches. RB6v2 worked straight out of the BOX! And a patch was released by the time I bought the game (week after release). WoW, that is something to cheer about, yes?

philomeena
04-26-2008, 05:21 PM
Good post OP but as per usual just gets trolled to death by the usual mob.

The games not perfect by any means but doesn't deserve the abuse it gets on here.

Note that a lot of the moaners are the people who've spent the past 12 months on here moaning about R6V1 saying they'd never buy another UBI game.. then they went out and bought R6V2.
Muppets.

DexLuther
04-26-2008, 05:31 PM
Originally posted by philomeena:
Good post OP but as per usual just gets trolled to death by the usual mob.

http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif

wyrddx
04-26-2008, 05:49 PM
Everyone who likes the game is too busy actually playing the game to come on a forum and say good job. The only reason this, and almost every other forum, is so full of negative comments is because people with an axe to grind are much more likely to look for an outlet to cry about it.

This is why i hate when someone complains and says something along the lines of "look at all these people who agree with me. So and so company is bad and always screws its customers." It's called the silent majority and they all think you're ******ed.

fissureinmyhead
04-26-2008, 05:54 PM
This random respawn business wouldnt be so bad if it werent FORCED on us. If the option were given to toggle it on and off at the host's discretion, then I would be all for it.

However, thats not what happened. I for one like using the left trigger and taking position. What I dont like is someone being able to spawn behind me, completely nullifying any strategy you might have been planning to use.

I know people like to moan about spawn camping and how it takes no skill but, if you were to look at it rationally, and not through the eyes of a Call of Duty player, it takes skill to cut your way through a team of players, post up near their spawn, and survive wave after wave of bullets. You go ahead and complain though. Youre probably a dirty French Canadian anyways.

The thing that bothers me the most is that Rainbow Six is doing everything in its power to turn into Call of Duty. I mean, first it was the sprint button. I didnt enjoy it much at first but then I started getting used to it and was really enjoying the game. Now its random, five second respawns. When you add it all up, all of that equals gay.

It seems that the general consensus amoung people who played and enjoyed the first Vegas is that this new "update" is terrible. I can only believe that the threadstarter and all of his supporters are the people who threw away Vegas and bought Call of Duty because it was too hard. I cant count how many CoD players got on Vegas one and complained that it took too much skill to kill somebody.

Welp, I think I am about out of thoughts. I apollogize that my thoughts are kindve jumbled and not very well written but I was just free-flowin this stuff dawg.

Oh, and the threadstarter sucks as well as all the people that posted that really gay "I support the ***** and his gay opinions!" smiley.

Cozwell2k8
04-26-2008, 06:45 PM
If you guys want strategy get on Attack And Defend ... Anyway i was just lookin round on the forums i have stopped playing this game because its just a new map pack and sprint installed onto the 1st rainbow.... COD4 IS THE WAY PEOPLE IT MAKES R6V2 LOOK LIKE A BLIND CLOWN MADE IT

silenthowl
04-26-2008, 07:48 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by silenthowl:

Instead of a razor for 150$ they sold us a video game for 60$. I expect to that video game to actually be worth my 60$ too. Vegas 2 wasn't. They barely worked on it at all except for new maps and weapons that could have been released in a patch/DLC for vegas 1 (which would cost a lot less than 60$). Putting that aside, they release the game full of bugs that are really unacceptable.

While it's true that no game will ever be perfect, many of the bugs found in Vegas 2 are very obvious (dropping frame rates, texture pop-in, sound loops, the game not working at all in certain PS3's, etc) and COULD -- No, SHOULD have been fixed before the release. The errors found in Vegas 2 transcend human error and venture well within the territories of human incompetence, human laziness, and/or just plain greed.

EDITED: for typo. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Please dude.. Who on earth..besides you and your daddy..would spend a 150 dollars on a razor..You say 150 dollars because you are HIGH MAINTENCE..you expect everything to be handed to you, and to be PERFECT..

Me.. I expect a 20 dollar razor, that has a nose hair trimmer, and beard trimmer, along with other trimmers, that you dont have the hair down there to trim...

Now you say vegas (60 dollar game) isnt what you expected...i can see why... because your use to buying 150 dollar razors.... See my point..if you dont

Your F*cking high maintence...nothing is perfect...Get over it...

ekoostic
04-26-2008, 08:34 PM
When they release an update that will let me run the game, I'll shut up.

Until then or I get my $50 back, I have every right to tell them to stop being lazy and fix this broken PoS.

DexLuther
04-26-2008, 08:53 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by DexLuther:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by silenthowl:

Please dude.. Who on earth..besides you and your daddy..would spend a 150 dollars on a razor..You say 150 dollars because you are HIGH MAINTENCE..you expect everything to be handed to you, and to be PERFECT..

Me.. I expect a 20 dollar razor, that has a nose hair trimmer, and beard trimmer, along with other trimmers, that you dont have the hair down there to trim...

Now you say vegas (60 dollar game) isnt what you expected...i can see why... because your use to buying 150 dollar razors.... See my point..if you dont

Your F*cking high maintence...nothing is perfect...Get over it... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm sorry you weren't smart enough to understand that it was an EXAMPLE.

Like I said, Vegas 2's issues are far beyond being caused by human error. They are caused by human incompetence, human laziness, and/or greed.

There's no excuse for not fixing the slew of really obvious problems with this game before it was released except the fact that they knew they could and get away with it because people like you would just sit and accept it. You actually DEFEND IT.

Of course no game's perfect! They're never going to be with people like you around!

Oh it's completely besides the point, but if using A BRAUN 360 Complete (http://www.shavercentre.com/canada/braun_8985.html) makes me "high maintenance," then so be it. I'd rather be high maintenance than go to work with patches of skin missing because I used some cheapass 20$ piece of junk.

you and your daddy..

Way to show you probably aren't old enough to shave yet. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/clap.gif

Originally posted by wyrddx:
Everyone who likes the game is too busy actually playing the game to come on a forum and say good job.

Scrolling though the server list just a second ago and seeing the total number of servers across all game modes, I'd say there aren't very many people too busy playing the game to post.

loveboof
04-26-2008, 09:08 PM
thanks for the link - looks like a damn nice electric shaver to me lol!

He probably thought you were talking about a wetshave razor though...

DreamMarine
04-27-2008, 12:20 AM
There are whiners who whine about Vegas... and there are whiners who whine about the whiners. You can easily identify them from their posts which are personally offending, very emotional and (most important) without a single serious argument.

In this thread there are a lot of whiners of both sorts...

ANightMares
04-27-2008, 12:40 AM
Originally posted by meivj00:
whine about the whiners..no thats not pathetic http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/1072.gif

<span class="ev_code_YELLOW">==========</span>

http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif

http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/typing.gif
cheerios

SiCkBoY2008
04-27-2008, 04:35 AM
Is that sarcastic? lol

No man. I agree totally with what you said in that post.

We have the right and people who try and suppress our right to complain about defective products that we spend our money on, are the people who need to check their heads out.

dragons_claw69
04-27-2008, 04:36 AM
Rainbow is a tactical game, involving communicating and co-operating with a team to complete a given objective- most kills, rescue hostages etc. The random spawn sytem removes the tactical element from the game. If you coordinate an assault and push back the enemy whatever ground you have gained is worthless as the enemy spawn behind you. In any engagement the idea is to force the enemy back, gain the initiative, seize and control choke points and force them to fight you on their terms. In a team scenario random spawns then removes the need for communication. Being out flanked is different. This shows that the enemy team has out thought you and manouvered you. This is part of the tactical element of gameplay. Random chance of being dumped behind an enemy is not.
Sniping has also been worst affected. Before a sniper could choose their perch and use the likes of motion sensors to cover the entrances to their area. It wasn't perfect but it did compensate for loss of situational awareness from being scoped in. The new spawn system now means that an enemy can appear within the motion sensor area, with a spawn shield and attack the sniper with impunity. This further reduces the tactical element as snipers are an effective tool for gathering intelligence on enemy movements allowing th eteam to co-ordinate.
Also if you do end up being spawn locked your best weapon is communication. This allows you to co-ordinate an attack. By going into your equipment menu you can talk and organise a break out. Very few games have this feature. The spawn shield is also invaluable. Most encouters with spawn campers take place at close quarters. Being invulnerable puts you at a distinct advantage.
Also this game has the largest range of equipment to break out of a spawn lock. Incendiaries explode on impact and don't give much opportunity to dodge. Combined with smoke you can run right past these 'campers'. You also have the shield (priceless if explosives are restricted), radar jammer to disguise your assault, GPS to show enemy locations, tear gas, flash bangs etc. Name me a single game which places so many tools at a players disposal?

amazingmarkbert
04-27-2008, 11:21 AM
Originally posted by Gypsy816:
It's nice to see a positive outlook. And you just wrapped up all my thoughts and spit them out. Well done. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

it's nice to know that the people who run this forum are professional, impartial and empathetic to the voices of their consumers.

your customers are "crying"?

we need to go out and experience the real world?

if you don't like the game then don't play it?

taking away diversity in game play is a positive?

many of use had suspected that the employees of Ubi harbored the desire to tell all of us "whiners" to "get a life" and "stop complaining or stop buying our product."

nice job in confirming that.

you know, you ought to be fired for this, but you won't. that action would be contingent on the company actually caring about customer relations.

silenthowl
04-27-2008, 11:26 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by DexLuther:

Your F*cking high maintence...nothing is perfect...Get over it... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Like I said, Vegas 2's issues are far beyond being caused by human error. They are caused by human incompetence, human laziness, and/or greed.

There's no excuse for not fixing the slew of really obvious problems with this game before it was released except the fact that they knew they could and get away with it because people like you would just sit and accept it. You actually DEFEND IT.

Of course no game's perfect! They're never going to be with people like you around!

Oh it's completely besides the point, but if using A BRAUN 360 Complete (http://www.shavercentre.com/canada/braun_8985.html) makes me "high maintenance," then so be it. I'd rather be high maintenance than go to work with patches of skin missing because I used some cheapass 20$ piece of junk.

you and your daddy..

Way to show you probably aren't old enough to shave yet. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/clap.gif

Everyone who likes the game is too busy actually playing the game to come on a forum and say good job.

Scrolling though the server list just a second ago and seeing the total number of servers across all game modes, I'd say there aren't very many people too busy playing the game to post. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

LOL wow.. a 200 dollar razor lol.. I hope that isn't the one you have..because i can get as good, or even better shave..with the throw away razor's i use daily.. LOL..

And if you had any brains...you'd save your money for your daddies BMW, so you can put gas in it..or buy food..since those both..are going up in price...

If you dont understand what i am saying now..Let me explain..

Stop worrying about a video game and its flaws..and start worrying about the things that matter....

DexLuther
04-27-2008, 12:46 PM

you and your daddy..

Scrolling though the server list just a second ago and seeing the total number of servers across all game modes, I'd say there aren't very many people too busy playing the game to post. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

LOL wow.. a 200 dollar razor lol.. I hope that isn't the one you have..because i can get as good, or even better shave..with the throw away razor's i use daily.. LOL..

And if you had any brains...you'd save your money for your daddies BMW, so you can put gas in it..or buy food..since those both..are going up in price...

If you dont understand what i am saying now..Let me explain..

Stop worrying about a video game and its flaws..and start worrying about the things that matter.... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah I doubt you shave at all. You act like a spoiled 10 year old. It doesn't matter how much my razor cost. The point remains when you pay for something you expect it to work as advertises. Well obviously you don't. You don't mind throughing money away on cheap and broken products, so I should rephrase that. When normal people pay for something they expect it to work as advertised. Something Vegas 2 doesn't do.

Worry about things that matter? It doesn't matter that it's 'just a video game' it's a PRODUCT that they sold. It doesn't make a difference WHAT the product is. It doesn't change the fact that they sold it to costumers and seriously at this point I would say it's worthy of being recalled.

Consumers have rights that are there to protect them from dishonest companies like Ubisoft.

If you don't like it, tough. Welcome to the real world.

Originally posted by amazingmarkbert:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Gypsy816:

it's nice to know that the people who run this forum are professional, impartial and empathetic to the voices of their consumers.

your customers are "crying"?

we need to go out and experience the real world?

if you don't like the game then don't play it?

taking away diversity in game play is a positive?

many of use had suspected that the employees of Ubi harbored the desire to tell all of us "whiners" to "get a life" and "stop complaining or stop buying our product."

nice job in confirming that.

you know, you ought to be fired for this, but you won't. that action would be contingent on the company actually caring about customer relations. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Cronos_Vengence
04-27-2008, 01:51 PM
OK, ok. Look, I keep on seeing people saying that the product is not what they advertised and such like the following, just for example:

When normal people pay for something they expect it to work as advertised. Something Vegas 2 doesn't do.

Worry about things that matter? It doesn't matter that it's 'just a video game' it's a PRODUCT that they sold. It doesn't make a difference WHAT the product is. It doesn't change the fact that they sold it to costumers and seriously at this point I would say it's worthy of being recalled.

Consumers have rights that are there to protect them from dishonest companies like Ubisoft.

So I would like to direct you to reading. Reading is this thing that is similar to what you are doing now, unless of course your mom is reading this to you...in which case...LOL.

Now, I would like to direct you to the packaging on the product RainbowSix Vegas 2, location is dependent on the format...but here is the XBOX360 verion on the back in small print, and I quote:

Features may change without notice.

It is clearly written on all formats of this game on the OUTSIDE of the package and can be clearly seen without purchasing the game. UBISOFT has rights, that protect them from people who choose to ignore the disclaimer on the back of the package.

Now, that is not to say that you don't have the right to complain about features you don't like, just as the people who complained about the spawn points in the first place did. But, to suggest that Ubisoft did something dishonest...is ludicris considering they clearly said they might very well change the features in the game.

They OWN the game, you just bought the right to play it. That, my friend, is the real world.

DexLuther
04-27-2008, 02:18 PM
Originally posted by Cronos_Vengence:
OK, ok. Look, I keep on seeing people saying that the product is not what they advertised and such like the following, just for example:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> When normal people pay for something they expect it to work as advertised. Something Vegas 2 doesn't do.

So I would like to direct you to reading. Reading is this thing that is similar to what you are doing now, unless of course your mom is reading this to you...in which case...LOL.

Now, I would like to direct you to the packaging on the product RainbowSix Vegas 2, location is dependent on the format...but here is the XBOX360 verion on the back in small print, and I quote:

Features may change without notice.

It is clearly written on all formats of this game on the OUTSIDE of the package and can be clearly seen without purchasing the game. UBISOFT has rights, that protect them from people who choose to ignore the disclaimer on the back of the package.

Now, that is not to say that you don't have the right to complain about features you don't like, just as the people who complained about the spawn points in the first place did. But, to suggest that Ubisoft did something dishonest...is ludicris considering they clearly said they might very well change the features in the game.

They OWN the game, you just bought the right to play it. That, my friend, is the real world. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

First, Grow up. If you want to be taken seriously, then I'd suggest you refrain from having to bring people's mothers and father's into it. To be honest, I stopped reading your post after you mentioned my mother.

I did however notice what you quoted, and changing features is fine. I fail to see where is says:

Product is untested. Player may experience various problems such as texture pop-ins, unstable frame rates, as well as other problems. Product is provided 'as-is,' and UBIsoft cannot be held responsible... and so on and so forth

What you quoted only protects them from legal action from people that don't like changes made via updates (like the people that don't like the random respawns).

It doesn't however protect them from people that are unhappy with the issues that were present in the game from day one.

I don't have any issue with the random respawns because I don't play with respawns on. I do have a problem with the sad state in which the game and many other games are being released these days.

XERAXES
04-27-2008, 02:38 PM
I understand all the complaining is getting annoying, but criticism as a whole is good for a game. It pushes the devs to constantly improve it.

DexLuther
04-27-2008, 02:45 PM
Originally posted by Xeraxes:
I understand all the complaining is getting annoying, but criticism as a whole is good for a game. It pushes the devs to constantly improve it.

It would be if UBI actually took some of the criticism people are giving and worked with it.

KibOsh
04-27-2008, 02:48 PM

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Product is untested. Player may experience various problems such as texture pop-ins, unstable frame rates, as well as other problems. Product is provided 'as-is,' and UBIsoft cannot be held responsible... and so on and so forth </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Isn't that the problem with everything about PC's, consoles and stuff. you buy something but you have to wait untill patches, bios or driver updates untill the thing you bought is finished. It's like when you buy a car and the sales ask you to come back in a month so they can install the breaks...

It's not only Ubisoft that is guilty of bringing out unfinished products but Ubisoft is with the worse of them. Take for example the mem-dumps the game leaves on the HD when it crashes. That's just stupid.

But hey, we are the little man and the only thing we can do about it is complaining on forums.

Now for the respawns. Why not make it an option? Let the server choose. Random or fixed respawns and everyone was happy... There will also be people pro and counter, so let them choose. But changing it was also for me a no-go. I prefered also the fixed spawns. And whenever they tried to campkill us, they were easely blown away.

Cronos_Vengence
04-27-2008, 02:52 PM
First, Grow up. If you want to be taken seriously, then I'd suggest you refrain from having to bring people's mothers and father's into it. To be honest, I stopped reading your post after you mentioned my mother.

Aww. I seriously don't care if you don't like my humor. And telling someone to 'grow-up' is obviously a great way to be taken seriously by the person whom you are writing to. You got me. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif

I did however notice what you quoted, and changing features is fine. I fail to see where is says:

quote:
Product is untested. Player may experience various problems such as texture pop-ins, unstable frame rates, as well as other problems. Product is provided 'as-is,' and UBIsoft cannot be held responsible... and so on and so forth

Well, no...it is not on the back, it is in the manual...

Ubisoft products are sold "as is", without any expressed or implied warranties of any kind.

What you quoted only protects them from legal action from people that don't like changes made via updates (like the people that don't like the random respawns).

It doesn't however protect them from people that are unhappy with the issues that were present in the game from day one.

The quote above yours covers the rest.

They are covered quite well acutally. Maybe not on the back of the package...but in the manual. Now, had you read the manual and never played the disk...you might have a case to receive your money back as you didn't accept the disclaimer. But once you put the disk in your system of choice, it is considered acceptance.

Seriously, did you really think they would leave themselves wide open like that? They have lawyers who do this kind of stuff for a living.

They made a product. You paid money to play the product. By playing the product you accepted the agreement that it was sold "as is" and the fact that they may change it in any way they wish. Pretty cut and dry if you ask me.

Oh, and your momma. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

DexLuther
04-27-2008, 02:56 PM
Originally posted by KibOsh:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Product is untested. Player may experience various problems such as texture pop-ins, unstable frame rates, as well as other problems. Product is provided 'as-is,' and UBIsoft cannot be held responsible... and so on and so forth </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Isn't that the problem with everything about PC's, consoles and stuff. you buy something but you have to wait untill patches, bios or driver updates untill the thing you bought is finished. It's like when you buy a car and the sales ask you to come back in a month so they can install the breaks...

It's not only Ubisoft that is guilty of bringing out unfinished products but Ubisoft is with the worse of them. Take for example the mem-dumps the game leaves on the HD when it crashes. That's just stupid.

But hey, we are the little man and the only thing we can do about it is complaining on forums.

Now for the respawns. Why not make it an option? Let the server choose. Random or fixed respawns and everyone was happy... There will also be people pro and counter, so let them choose. But changing it was also for me a no-go. I prefered also the fixed spawns. And whenever they tried to campkill us, they were easely blown away. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I can understand problems running it on a PC. If they sell 2 million copies, that means that game has to be run on 2 million different hardware/software setups. There's no way they could test all of that.

On a console though there's only maybe 5 different hardware setups per manufacturer. There's no reason the game can't be tested to make sure it runs on all versions of a certain console.

Cronos_Vengence
04-27-2008, 03:05 PM

Absolutely. It was complaining that caused the spawns to be changed in the first place. But there is a difference in complaining to have something changed, and calling people with different ideas names and the OWNER of the product names for listening to the complaints in the first place, and doing what they thought would help considering the feedback they were recieving at the time.

Tell me, if you spent months upon months making a product, and a bunch of people called you stupid and an idiot as well as many other curse names...how helpful would you want to be to those people? I am not saying you were...I am just talking about the forum in general.

Cronos_Vengence
04-27-2008, 03:07 PM
There's no reason the game can't be tested to make sure it runs on all versions of a certain console.

Ok, well I am not aware of this problem. Which console is this?

amazingmarkbert
04-27-2008, 03:13 PM
Who on earth..besides you and your daddy..would spend a 150 dollars on a razor..You say 150 dollars because you are HIGH MAINTENCE..you expect everything to be handed to you... [y]our F*cking high maintence...nothing is perfect...Get over it...

you really shouldn't assume that just because someone owns a razor that cost $150 that everything is handed to them or that they are "high maintenance". a lot of people who have the financial means to make such purchases weren't born with family money. many have, through hard work and a bit of luck, reached a place in their lives where they can now afford luxuries like these. assumptions of these types are bad because they're not reflective of reality. for instance, i could simply assume that your misuse of the word "your" (which should have been, of couse, "you're") is an indication that it might not be the case that you don't want a $150 razor but rather that your lack of education prevents you from earning enough money to do so and you are lashing out because you envy those who have greater financial resources. see? that's really unfair, right? this is exactly why this sort of thing should be avoided. the content of your post is clearly insufficient for me to label you as a bitter, uneducated, low-wage earner, thus i or anyone else who responds should refrain from doing so.

DexLuther
04-27-2008, 03:31 PM
Originally posted by Cronos_Vengence:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> There's no reason the game can't be tested to make sure it runs on all versions of a certain console.

Ok, well I am not aware of this problem. Which console is this? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

PS3 version had many issues. Issues it really should have had if the game had actually been properly tested.

walterpoe
04-27-2008, 03:34 PM
I'm going to add my thoughts to this post if only to ease my mind after reading my way through this whole thread in one sitting.

1. criticism is good. opinions well thought out should be respected whether you agree with them or not.

2. abuse is not good nor is it a good reflection on the poster.
abuse in this case consisting of comments concerning 'living in the real world','whiner' etc etc. although i must admit that whole 'your mother reading it to you lol' thing was blatantly a joke.

3. I agree random respawns should be an option after all ubi have now done both all you need is add an on/off option in the menu.

4. I like this game try not to hate me to much.

5. I believe this game is more a continuation of the first than a true sequel. The addition of the shoot through wood and sprint features were more to set it in some way apart from rsv1. I don't believe this is necessarily a bad thing after all i loved rsv1.

6. To be honest i have played a lot of games over the years from bbc acorn electron right through to my 360. No-one can argue the fact these games have progressed at a phenomenal rate. I believe that this combined with consumer demand for the newest thing being so high forces ubi and their competitors to walk a tightrope. Is it better to release the game with a few bugs or not fully tested or hold back and risk losing customer base. The same people who complain today about the glitches would have been the people who complained about defered releases. I am desperate for instance for Fable 2 I bought my console for it and now it has been put back till September and I was unhappy but they are trying to get it right.

7. Don't try to get a refund at a store for your game. I have worked in sales retail for a long time. What they sell you is what you went there to buy if it isn't what you expected that is not the stores fault no matter how much you shout. In the UK buy from Gamestation at least they give you a 10 day exchange option.

8. lastly because i want to get to bed please please dont cut and paste 70+ lines of text from other posts who really wants to read all of that again especially if it is from the previous post it just forces people to skim and not read what you have to say.

Cronos_Vengence
04-27-2008, 03:55 PM
PS3 version had many issues. Issues it really should have had if the game had actually been properly tested.

Well, I can say that if the game didn't work on your system and the system was fine...then you have a legitimate complaint I would think. As if the PS3 didn't have enough trouble as it is, now the deveopers have to test multiple machines due to the differences in chipsets I would guess.

Tkilla617
04-27-2008, 09:40 PM
The game is boring now. I still get as many kills as i used to in TDM(a lot) but it feels like im playing a cheap version of COD. Call of duty 4 dose the whole "run n gun" thing way better. r6v2 had its own twist on the FPS but now it feels like a cheap knock-off.

You can call me a crybaby, but i dont care because i know im a crybaby. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_razz.gif