PDA

View Full Version : Forum

kronosx8
03-30-2010, 02:26 AM
Why did this forum die? Is it because everyone went to that over-moderated ****-hole armoredcoreonline?

Trevartine
04-05-2010, 06:23 PM
Over-moderation in lieu of egotistical posters... I'd take over-moderation any day.

kronosx8
04-08-2010, 01:37 PM
<span class="ev_code_RED">Name calling and insults are not permitted on the boards, please review the forum rules</span>

obliviondoll
04-10-2010, 08:19 PM
Short answer, Yes.

Long answer, Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeessssssssssssss.

Long sensible answer, The official Ubi Armored Core website still links there when you click "forum". So yes. Everyone's used to using ACO, and it's got a fanbase who neve came to the Ubi forums even after ACO died. Now it's back up, everyone is there.

So, are you coming with us?

kronosx8
04-25-2010, 10:38 AM
You're still here apparently. Counter-productive to your argument, and seriously, they moderate the **** out of that site. They ban people for sort of counter opinion. The only reason people go there is because they're the oldest site. There isn't exactly a huge armored core community so its logical that people will collect in one area, not necessarily the best area. Tool.

obliviondoll
05-03-2010, 03:29 AM
It's the best place BECAUSE everyone's there. A decent sized community is, as you've mentioned, difficult to find with respect to any niche game, which the Armored Core franchise is.

The reason I'm still here is for the OTHER AC. I occasionally look in here as well, just in case there's something interesting. There usually isn't.

As far as I've seen, the only people banned since I showed up on ACO were ones who went out of their way to cause trouble, not just having "counter opinion", but admittedly, that is one person's view, and I may have just missed the things you've seen... But it doesn't seem like the kind of community that would deal well with people getting banned.

You know the lack of people which you just mentioned? Small communities trying to survive tend to encourage newcomers, not shout them down until they leave. Unless said newcomer is really not worth having in the community.

Also, calling me a tool is unproductive and rude. That combined with the censored part of your comment makes me think you're probably someone who got banned because your "counter opinion" involved coarse language and attacks on others in the community. Again, it's just an opinion, based on the limited information I have. Ever think maybe they "overmoderated" posts for being rude, and not for just disagreeing with the status quo?

EDIT: Forgot to mention, you ALSO missed the "official site forum link goes to ACO" comment - or maybe you realised you had no comeback for that one?

ms-kleaneasy
05-04-2010, 12:56 PM
This thread serves no purpose other than to flame those chosing another board. Locked