PDA

View Full Version : What is sooooo intoxicating about STAR WARS

XyZspineZyX
05-20-2005, 03:01 AM
I mean I love the movies and games myself,but what in the world has taken on people so hard that this particular story as spawned so many fans young and old. Tell me what you think.

XyZspineZyX
05-20-2005, 03:01 AM
I mean I love the movies and games myself,but what in the world has taken on people so hard that this particular story as spawned so many fans young and old. Tell me what you think.

pinkcar36
05-20-2005, 03:27 AM
well for me when i was a kid it was c-3po, r2-d2, clone troopers, darth vader but mostly CHEWBACCA (he was my fav) and the ewoks!!!!

well now that i think about it i guess it is mainly the special effects also

XyZspineZyX
05-20-2005, 05:15 AM
It is funny you should say that about Chewy because that is my wife's favorite also. Something women love about him. It must be all of the Hair. Or as Han Solo said " Laugh it up Fuzz Ball."

SPROGGY
05-20-2005, 09:27 AM
Its all about the lightsabers man.....The Jedi are just ridiculously cool.

XyZspineZyX
05-20-2005, 09:39 AM
Right. those cool-awsome lightsabers http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

but it was also the sly comedy that the characters had in this time of war, and they game robots human characteristics. and the alieans too.

my favorite character is R2-D2, funny lil' guy http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif beep-beep-boop!

Rbdb1R
05-20-2005, 09:41 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by RoaringMad Mac:
I mean I love the movies and games myself,but what in the world has taken on people so hard that this particular story as spawned so many fans young and old. Tell me what you think. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

star wars is sexy....

XyZspineZyX
05-20-2005, 09:55 AM
yeah.... slave girl leia organa.... http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/heart.gif

Tejo.hr
05-20-2005, 03:15 PM
om*g...

Da_shoota
05-20-2005, 03:43 PM
It all goes back to the first SW movie. The special effects were brand new in the movie industry and it completley amazed everyone. Also the creative looking characters and the space/remote theme really appealed to a lot of sci-fi addicts.

I like the movies but I can wait for III to come out on DVD.

Tejo.hr
05-20-2005, 03:50 PM
Me 2.

XyZspineZyX
05-23-2005, 09:32 AM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Da_shoota:
It all goes back to the first SW movie. The special effects were brand new in the movie industry and it completley amazed everyone. Also the creative looking characters and the space/remote theme really appealed to a lot of sci-fi addicts.
QUOTE]

true. and it was a first that all the aliens wern't humans with horns on thier forheads that spoke french. they acctually put thought into thier character designs...

NSAagent
05-23-2005, 09:43 AM
i think it's because that the story/stories hit on so many levels.

A) the plot, characters, themes, etc. are something that everyone can relate to.

B) the force: it's so intriguing and mysterious, yet we can all somehow understand it on some level. kind of like or own religions.

C) it's in a galaxy far far far away: even though Lucas makes us relate to the characters and stories, we can detach ourselves from them becuase it is in a galaxy far far away. it's emphasized in every movie from the very beginning.

D) the premise is simple: good vs. evil; birth-life-death; a love story - all of which everyone understands easily

XyZspineZyX
05-23-2005, 11:36 AM
Did you know that the force is based off of some earthly religions, as in Budhism? yeah. Budhist Monks have been the upholders of pece for thousands of years and recruit new monks at a really young age, just like the jedi.

NSAagent
05-23-2005, 01:10 PM
wow you must've seen that Discovery special last week, huh

XyZspineZyX
05-23-2005, 01:13 PM
Yup. but i kinda figured it, because i practice the budhist religion, and there are so many similarities...

XyZspineZyX
05-23-2005, 03:37 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by NSAagent:
i think it's because that the story/stories hit on so many levels.

A) the plot, characters, themes, etc. are something that everyone can relate to.

B) the force: it's so intriguing and mysterious, yet we can all somehow understand it on some level. kind of like or own religions.

C) it's in a galaxy far far far away: even though Lucas makes us relate to the characters and stories, we can detach ourselves from them becuase it is in a galaxy far far away. it's emphasized in every movie from the very beginning.

D) the premise is simple: good vs. evil; birth-life-death; a love story - all of which everyone understands easily </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I think you hit the nail on the head NSA. It is a story for everyone. Young and old alike, seams you could relate to anyone given charactor and for a time become that person.
Yes Mac it has to be the hair, I too love that Fuzz Ball, he is the one true friend that anyone would love to have around.

FN57
05-23-2005, 06:46 PM
I just like all the battle scenes. You know, where **** blows up in massive quantities.