PDA

View Full Version : ATTACKING IN HEAVY STORM

RedHornDevil
02-14-2007, 04:44 AM
Have you ever encounter any ship (merchant) in a heavy storm weather during night?Vision radius is 389- 39+ but hardly 400.THERE IS WAY TO GET THESE FEW METERS in a 3 steps prossedure!!!!

STEP 1 align in the tail of the merchant submerged with the same speed at limit of the visibility radius.

step 2 prepare to sent him the fish BUT set it at about 2 - 2.2 or 2.5 meters deeper from the draft.(depents of the waves and the tonnage of the merchant)

step 3 FIRE !!!

The torpedo will run under the ship and in normal conditions pass it with out detonate.But due to the waves it will find the right distanse from the hull , remember it will run parallel to the ship's LENGTH not WIDTH.Also runing under the ship will give it the few meters to arm.
PPM ,me if you have questions at this, it works and some times the damage is even more than normal magnetic pistol does(100% under the ship)

Foehammer-1
02-14-2007, 07:29 AM
It works indeed, as I posted in one of my earlier patrol reports. Where I shot an under-keel shot under a C2 from too close a distance, and the torpedo armed itself under the fuel bunker http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif Works like a dream in convoy situations, if you are fast enough

geoffwessex
02-14-2007, 07:47 AM
Just as a thought - I expend too many fish on targets. Is there an optimum depth below the keel that the (magnetic trigger) fish should run at? I may have been setting too close, like 7m for a 6.5m draft. Is the half a meter not enough?

Foehammer-1
02-14-2007, 09:03 AM
I usually set for 1 or 1.5 meters. this way, the torpedo dlows up exactly beneath the ship, not to the side of it. Works wonders with tankers this way. But 2 meters is definitely overkill, do at your own risk

HeibgesU999
02-14-2007, 10:58 AM
Remember that in Heavy Seas, the torpedo may pass well underneath the hull of the ship do to the action of the waves, and not detonate the magnetic pistol.

It's better set minimum depth, and use contact pistol.

hueywolf123
02-14-2007, 02:06 PM
Thanks for that RHD, good tip