PDA

View Full Version : Numbers of aircraft available in CoD Mission planner etc.?

jamesdietz
02-28-2011, 09:24 AM
Probably asked & answered somewhere,but I haven't seen it.With a decent PC rig ,how many aircraft are we going to see participating in each mission ,or in the QMB or be able to put into the FMB.I remember at the beginning of IL-2 it was 16 max in QMB...since then it has been ever increasing esp in Modded mode( & of course with some loss in FPS for some of us..but never mind it has gotten better..)So what about with CoD ..I've read there will be an entirely new "engine" that will cope with all this better rendering of aircraft , shadows & ground, but will it limit aircraft in the sky?
I wonder because the other sim I fly is Rise of Flight with arguable the best rendition of WW1 aircraft ever available complete with dynamic shadowing & pretty convincing ground objects too...BUT it is extremely limited in maps,imaginative missions,extremely long load times & by in large fewer aircraft in the sky in mission & career mode,usually about 8-10 tops,but occasionaly more. I,'m also aggravated by the appearance of enemy aircraft on the sky & on the map only moments before action begins..but that may be only my hang-up..I hope Oleg & his crew are able to handle it better.

TheGrunch
02-28-2011, 06:56 PM
I think that it's been revealed that the campaign missions at least will be optimised only for the minimum spec, but I expect that we'll be able to put a fair few in QMB:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v369/RedToo/08_SP-1.jpg

I'm a little bit concerned about the format of this screen, though, seems to indicate that we can't choose the amount of flights for each mission template, only the number of aircraft in each flight. But then I suppose we'll be able to create our own QMB templates in FMB anyway.

biggs222
02-28-2011, 07:16 PM
well I dont know... it seems like this version of QMB has actual missions... the number of flights might differ depending on the mission base...

^that mission is 3 blue vs 2 red.
There might be more or less depending on the mission.

the "free hunt" may be 3 blue flights vs 3 red... or maybe even 4v4?

EDIT: no it looks like the menu only leaves room for 3 flights against 3. the scroll bars are for the base mission selection on the left and the mission description on the right... no center scroll, so the max looks like 3 flights per side... but we dont know the max number of aircraft...

TheGrunch
02-28-2011, 07:25 PM
Yeah, that's what I meant by the templates. Perhaps we will be able to make our own mission templates with as many flights as our rigs can handle in FMB.
I expect the quick missions will be optimised for minimum-spec machines like the campaign missions are, unless they have a warning on the mission description "HIGH PERFORMANCE MACHINES ONLY" or something like that.

I wouldn't bet money on it, but maybe the scroll bar for flights only appears when you have a certain amount of flights in the mission? That would certainly fit with the more modern interface they are going for.