PDA

View Full Version : Removewhite filter question

Phalcon51
12-19-2005, 02:02 PM
I want to install and use the removewhite filter in Photoshop CS v8.0. I downloaded the remwhite.zip file with macwhite.8bf inside, but no instructions how to install it. I tried putting it in the \plugins\filters folder, and it not only didn't show up, but on starting PS it showed an error message saying "This application has failed to start because MSVCRT10.dll was not found. Re-installing the application may fix this problem." Removing the file from the filters folder does away with the error message.

Can anyone provide any help?

thanks

Phalcon51
12-19-2005, 02:02 PM
I want to install and use the removewhite filter in Photoshop CS v8.0. I downloaded the remwhite.zip file with macwhite.8bf inside, but no instructions how to install it. I tried putting it in the \plugins\filters folder, and it not only didn't show up, but on starting PS it showed an error message saying "This application has failed to start because MSVCRT10.dll was not found. Re-installing the application may fix this problem." Removing the file from the filters folder does away with the error message.

Can anyone provide any help?

thanks

JG52_Helgstrand
12-19-2005, 02:15 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">MSVCRT10.dll </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You can DL that dll here;

http://www.dll-files.com/dllindex/dll-files.shtml?msvcrt10

Drop it in your PS main folder...

You will need it to run remove white in PS.
It will show up as Mac's under 'filters' menu in PS, then a flyout will say remove white.

Phalcon51
12-19-2005, 02:27 PM
Got it, thanks! Now the program loads with no errors and the remove white filter shows up as it should.

Now to learn how to use it...

(I'm sure I'll be back shortly with more questions)