PDA

View Full Version : Ok, new question

blackguy32
06-08-2005, 07:30 AM
How do you counter the SS+smoke+flash?

This leaves you totally disoriented. Do you memorize where the nearest wall is and back up to it??

Do you charge forward avoiding hitting the walls??

I would turn my vision mode back on, but sometimes, they throw a chaff with the grenade barrage as well.

blackguy32
06-08-2005, 07:30 AM
How do you counter the SS+smoke+flash?

This leaves you totally disoriented. Do you memorize where the nearest wall is and back up to it??

Do you charge forward avoiding hitting the walls??

I would turn my vision mode back on, but sometimes, they throw a chaff with the grenade barrage as well.

S.a.S-Akbari
06-08-2005, 07:48 AM
just keep the stuff near u in mind (where boxes/walls or other objects are) it usually goes by it self (the things i see on my screen just stick with me long enough to know where to go)

Boobonys
06-08-2005, 08:35 AM
when it happens to me, i always run to the nearest wall to avoid being grabbed http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/59.gif

DucusSumus
06-08-2005, 09:07 AM
If the spy doesn't chaff you as well, the first thing that you need to do is flip on motion tracking (you can even try EMF if there is a lot of smoke; the spies will probably be using thermal vision to see through their smoke). Secondly, make sure that your laser is off in this situation. You'll need your sound indicator to know if the spy is attempting to run around behind you. If you are dealing with one spy and you took a look at your surroundings before he smoked you, you could try charging blindly toward an open area, jumping, and turning. The best case scanaro here would be that you accidentally hit the spy with the charge, which is good. Otherwise, he won't be able to grab you as long as you didn't hit a wall and you'll now be out of the smoke. If you are dealing with two spies, DO NOT charge blindly. Instead, relax and focus. Now back out of the smoke watching the sound indicator. If you see a sound behind you, beserk immidiately. If one of the spies hits you in the face, beserk immidiately (it's almost a guaruntee that the other spy is trying to get right beind you in this case). Do NOT charge. As soon as you beserk in either case, jump (note that you will need to have gas mask on in order to jump in a smoke cloud). This will insure that even if you miss the beserk, you won't get grabbed for it.

dX.Gurgaue
06-08-2005, 10:00 AM
Good advices I need to keep those in mind...

Boobonys
06-08-2005, 10:03 AM
yea, thanks for the tips http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

DucusSumus
06-08-2005, 10:24 AM
To add to my previous post:

It's hard to see the sound indicator when flashed. But remember you have about a one second time frame where you are immune to being grabbed after being shocked. This is usually enough time for the indicator to become visable again. The key is: don't panic.

drjambi
06-08-2005, 02:44 PM
Yes that's all good advice, I usually keep a reference of where the flash grenade cam from and move backwards away from, while jumping and shooting until my vision comes back. Backing into a wall is the best option. Not charging into one.