PDA

View Full Version : Ubi put female characters back in x360 multiplayer, what about pc?

madmanxp
04-02-2007, 08:08 AM
any idea? http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_confused.gif

GrimlockCW
04-02-2007, 11:03 AM
GRAW PC didn't even have team selection...let alone customization to MP aside fromt he guns.

GRAW 2.. don't know yet, we'll hafta wait and see.

in REALITY it doesn't make sense, since the Ghosts are a spec force unit, and generaly females aren't permitted into Spec forces of their design (even SWAT teams won't usualy permit female members)

but since it is a game, i say go fer it.

also of note
the female in GRAW 2 360's MP is the only one you can hear from across the map when shes been shot :P
i play constantly with this one female gamer and WOW does that character scream louder than her when she's been lag killed!

Oliver_Reed
04-02-2007, 11:26 AM
Oh I don't know - all my spec. force Ghost Units seemed to do best was to walk into walls.

Are you saying that women can't walk into walls like the best of them...?

GrimlockCW
04-02-2007, 12:27 PM
nah, its the fact that being out "there" under "those" conditions is deamed inhospitable for a woman to be couped up with a buncha men, it could "develop" unwanted relationships.

its actually illegal to do the nasty on military or government grounds because of this... even if you live in their housing.. they even limit the "positions" u can use...

how they regulate this, DO NOT ASK ME, i personaly DO NOT want to know either.

in other news... apparently i'm a disabled veteran now..... go figure... i don't feel broken... he he

Zoot86
04-09-2007, 04:14 PM
Why would anyone want to play a military fps as a woman? for ****s sake. US army does not have women in combat roles, and certainly not in SF.

Tacamo
04-09-2007, 09:29 PM
From a purely game playing perspective it makes a lot of sense to play as a female character. Typically smaller in body frame and height you'd be less of a target.

GrimlockCW
04-10-2007, 02:38 AM
Originally posted by Zoot86:
Why would anyone want to play a military fps as a woman? for ****s sake. US army does not have women in combat roles, and certainly not in SF.

ummm... thats not true.
they DO permit them in combat situations/roles and all, in all branches of the military.
they just aren't permited spec forces jobs.

ColinCJ
04-10-2007, 03:02 AM
Women wont be in the pc version.

GrimlockCW
04-10-2007, 04:35 AM
then i take it they also won't be doing alternate team characters aside from the pre-chosen 3 again?

yeah.. i def just bailed on this one.

Zoot86
04-10-2007, 09:31 AM
grimlock please do research before making claims like that. No they are not permitted in any combat roles. Or maybe your from some Euro country where they acaully let girls fight too

Zoot86
04-10-2007, 09:38 AM
direct quote from wikipedia

Today, women can serve on American combat ships, to include command. However women are not permitted to serve on submarines or to participate in special forces programs such as Navy Seals.

Women are barred from serving in Infantry, Special Operations, Artillery, Armour, and Forward Air Defence. Women can fly military aircraft, but make up 2% of all pilots in the US military. So far the position closest to combat open to women in the U.S. Army are in the Military Police, where women man machine-guns on armoured Humvees, guarding truck convoys. Although Army regulations bar women from infantry assignments, some female MPs are detailed to accompany male infantry units to handle search and interrogation of female Iraqi suspects.

Play too much video games and watching too much GI jane there, eh?

AJRobson
04-10-2007, 05:09 PM
Oh paleeeeeese!

Just what the eff does reality have to do with this game? So what if women don't serve in combat units in real life. Get OVER it.

If putting some women actors in the game will boost sales (as perhaps a few more women might want to buy and play the game) then I am all for it.

Tacamo
04-10-2007, 05:26 PM
They are inadvertently serving in combat units considering what's going on in current deployments. What's a better target for those armed with second rate weapons? Abrams with Bradleys carrying Mech Inf or a convoy of trucks carrying ammo, food, fuel etc.?

GrimlockCW
04-11-2007, 05:38 AM
i concede that regulations state they aren't in infantry and the like. They do get posted as security and MP's though and do patrols in area's under watch.
they DO serve in combat situations often enough irregardless of regs.
maybe not as part of their jobs, but then again i knew plenty of gunners mates that were fueling aircraft instead of loading guns, they had no intention of becomming fuelers, and those assigned to that rate weren't there at all, but they were doing it.
i also knew a lot of electricians mates and mechanics that were posted to security, and so on.

i wasn't saying they should/shouldn't be in the game anyways, i was just saying they are over there (in the war zone), but in the games terms, they wouldn't be in a spec ops unit anyways.

madmanxp
04-11-2007, 07:23 AM
Originally posted by AJRobson:
Oh paleeeeeese!

Just what the eff does reality have to do with this game? So what if women don't serve in combat units in real life. Get OVER it.

If putting some women actors in the game will boost sales (as perhaps a few more women might want to buy and play the game) then I am all for it.

Yes, that's why When GR1 released, there'resome female gamers play this game. I knew some chicks was playing ghost-recon with their boyfriends, No kidding.

Zoot86
04-11-2007, 10:32 AM
Originally posted by AJRobson:
Oh paleeeeeese!

I want the game to be as realistic as possible. If I wanted a fun shoot em up, I'd buy a ...... 360.