PDA

View Full Version : hebrew words on the wall - spoiler!!!

hebrewman
12-10-2007, 12:47 AM
hello to everyone i'm from israel and speak hebrew of course. and i just want to tell you that the the hebrew words on the wall in the room at the end of the game: "olam haba" its mean "after life" this is a religious belief in the jewish religion that there is life after death and there is another world after our world.

Redfeather1975
12-10-2007, 01:12 AM
That's cool.
I'm really thinking that wall as to do with the Grail now.

DreamerM
12-10-2007, 02:05 AM
He-brew-man, to save the daaaaaaaayyyy!!!

Thanks Hebrewman!

I'm thinking the Grail is some kind of Resurrection device. That it can restore "life after death." If it's that kind of ghost machine, then I have a hunch the Modern Assassins are going to use it to ressurrect Altair into the modern day.

hebrewman
12-10-2007, 02:27 AM
and this is the link who explain you about "olam haba"(after life)

olam haba (http://www.jewfaq.org/olamhaba.htm)

DreamerM
12-10-2007, 03:23 AM
From that website:

The resurrection of the dead will occur in the messianic age, a time referred to in Hebrew as the Olam Ha-Ba, the World to Come, but that term is also used to refer to the spiritual afterlife. When the messiah comes to initiate the perfect world of peace and prosperity, the righteous dead will be brought back to life and given the opportunity to experience the perfected world that their righteousness helped to create.

Hm. I wonder where they could be going with this.

The Grail was sometimes called the Cup of Life. It's supposed to have miraculous powers of healing.

Anyone know what role the Jews played in the Crusades? I know they've lived in the Holy Land since forever...

MDS_Geist
12-10-2007, 03:31 AM
Originally posted by DreamerM:
Anyone know what role the Jews played in the Crusades? I know they've lived in the Holy Land since forever...

Role? Yes, they were usually victims of the Christians and Muslims.

hebrewman
12-10-2007, 03:32 AM
Crusades
maybe this is going to help you

Massacre of Jerusalem (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_the_Jews_and_the_Crusades#Massacre_of_J erusalem)

Redfeather1975
12-10-2007, 03:34 AM
From that website:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> The resurrection of the dead will occur in the messianic age, a time referred to in Hebrew as the Olam Ha-Ba, the World to Come, but that term is also used to refer to the spiritual afterlife. When the messiah comes to initiate the perfect world of peace and prosperity, the righteous dead will be brought back to life and given the opportunity to experience the perfected world that their righteousness helped to create.

The Grail was sometimes called the Cup of Life. It's supposed to have miraculous powers of healing.

Anyone know what role the Jews played in the Crusades? I know they've lived in the Holy Land since forever... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That part is weird. It talks about the righteous dead returning to life to witness what they helped to accomplish. :O

I'm gonna put some info on the other objects on the wall.

Centre picture - Maybe an infinity symbol?

Emperor Jiajing - A very lazy emperor who tried to increase his life through alchemy.

Quetzalcoatl - Could be the god sometimes associated with death and rebirth.
Could be the Toltec leader. He replaced human sacrifices with just offerings of blood.

22:13 - The biblical reference "I am the Alpha and the Omega, the first and the last, the beginning and the end." I think it means to exist eternally.

13.0.0.0.0 - Used as both the first and last dates in the Mayan calendar.

13.0.0 - Has to do with the an Aztec belief that this is the 4th incarnation of the sun and it's about to end.

I have entered the Abyss and nevered returned - Could be something to do with Revelations chapter 20. Sentencing Satan and The Beast to an eternity in the abyss.

Zn+1=Zn(Zn)+C - I have no clue. D:

Some circlular images - It looks like planetary alignment, but I don't know. I get the feeling it's a calendar. :/

DreamerM
12-10-2007, 03:58 AM
Yeah. Definitely safe to say AC2 is going to be somehow concerned with resurrection, immortality and circular time.

Redfeather1975
12-10-2007, 04:13 AM
Yeah. Definitely safe to say AC2 is going to be somehow concerned with resurrection, immortality and circular time.

Oh noes! It's Prince of Persia on crack. D:

MDS_Geist
12-10-2007, 04:50 AM
Olam Habah is a rather complicated concept with multiple suggestions offered for what it might be. Some equate it to the common concept of "Heaven" while other see it as a future messianic age linked to the resurrection of the dead.

Ekko128
12-10-2007, 09:43 AM
Originally posted by Redfeather1975:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by DreamerM:
From that website:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> The resurrection of the dead will occur in the messianic age, a time referred to in Hebrew as the Olam Ha-Ba, the World to Come, but that term is also used to refer to the spiritual afterlife. When the messiah comes to initiate the perfect world of peace and prosperity, the righteous dead will be brought back to life and given the opportunity to experience the perfected world that their righteousness helped to create.

Anyone know what role the Jews played in the Crusades? I know they've lived in the Holy Land since forever... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That part is weird. It talks about the righteous dead returning to life to witness what they helped to accomplish. :O

Emperor Jiajing - A very lazy emperor who tried to increase his life through alchemy.

Could be the Toltec leader. He replaced human sacrifices with just offerings of blood.

22:13 - The biblical reference "I am the Alpha and the Omega, the first and the last, the beginning and the end." I think it means to exist eternally.

13.0.0 - Has to do with the an Aztec belief that this is the 4th incarnation of the sun and it's about to end.

I have entered the Abyss and nevered returned - Could be something to do with Revelations chapter 20. Sentencing Satan and The Beast to an eternity in the abyss.

Some circlular images - It looks like planetary alignment, but I don't know. I get the feeling it's a calendar. :/ </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

22:13 "I am the Alpha and the Omega, the first and the last, the beginning and the end."

God saying he was before us and will be after us. it means he is forever.

And Emperor Jiajing could have maybe figured out a way to sustain life but died before he used it. so thats probably what they were using Test Subject 16 for. to find the potion the Emperor created.

13.0.0.0.0 on the Mayan Calendar (the end of there calendar)
13.0.0 (Aztecs believe the sun is about to end)

that means the bad guys think the world will end and wish to sustain there life further.

Zn+1=Zn(Zn)+C could be the formula for the potion Emperor Jiajing made!

these are just some ideas on what it could mean.
hope they help someone who's trying to figure it out.

POSSIBLE SPOILER TO STORY!!!!

(Could Lucy, being an assassin, have made the writing on the wall only noticable to people with eagle vision? because one of the E-mails says that there was an accident with subject 16 and they had to clean it up).

yimimoto
12-10-2007, 11:56 AM
One of the computer logs in the conference room specifically says they are not interested in finding the grail or any other biblical artifact.

boyyoyo
12-10-2007, 03:40 PM
Originally posted by Ekko128:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Redfeather1975:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by DreamerM:
From that website:

Some circlular images - It looks like planetary alignment, but I don't know. I get the feeling it's a calendar. :/ </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

22:13 "I am the Alpha and the Omega, the first and the last, the beginning and the end."

God saying he was before us and will be after us. it means he is forever.

And Emperor Jiajing could have maybe figured out a way to sustain life but died before he used it. so thats probably what they were using Test Subject 16 for. to find the potion the Emperor created.

13.0.0.0.0 on the Mayan Calendar (the end of there calendar)
13.0.0 (Aztecs believe the sun is about to end)

that means the bad guys think the world will end and wish to sustain there life further.

Zn+1=Zn(Zn)+C could be the formula for the potion Emperor Jiajing made!

these are just some ideas on what it could mean.
hope they help someone who's trying to figure it out.

POSSIBLE SPOILER TO STORY!!!!

(Could Lucy, being an assassin, have made the writing on the wall only noticable to people with eagle vision? because one of the E-mails says that there was an accident with subject 16 and they had to clean it up). </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

wow.... people need to stop posting what has been stated like 45 diff times. Mods plz sticky that one thread that is entitled somthing like "the ending, what we already know" or somthing like that.

z4ch117
12-11-2007, 12:35 AM
So, I read the part above about resurrection, and about how the deceased would come back to see what they had accomplished. Not only could this be the assassain's, Altair, etc, but it could also be the old crusaders. Or anyone for that matter! Truly a chilling concept... hope it never happens in real life. :P

DJ_Rizla
12-11-2007, 06:31 AM
The symbol above the bed is called the Lorenz attractor, also known as the butterfly effect.

barracuda77
12-11-2007, 01:49 PM
I just completed the game and saw the ending feeling a bit miffed!
Anyway when you go into eagle vision and see the writing on the floor, I noticed the box made up of letters and it reminded me of a code breaking system.

More info:

http://www.exploratorium.edu/ronh/secret/secret.html

Has anyone cracked this code yet?

P.S. I would try and break it but I think you need smart people to do this type of thing! :/

barracuda77
12-11-2007, 02:10 PM
oh..... just worked it out............. and also worked out a 5 year old could of done it.

Man I'm dumb.

Redfeather1975
12-11-2007, 06:13 PM
Originally posted by DJ_Rizla:
The symbol above the bed is called the Lorenz attractor, also known as the butterfly effect.

Cool! Thanks for pointing that out.
Lots of stuff to ponder over there.

MDS_Geist
12-12-2007, 07:24 PM
Originally posted by z4ch117:
So, I read the part above about resurrection, and about how the deceased would come back to see what they had accomplished. Not only could this be the assassain's, Altair, etc, but it could also be the old crusaders. Or anyone for that matter! Truly a chilling concept... hope it never happens in real life. :P

More complicated than that and it has all sorts of theology attached to it. It also would be in a messianic age to come, so things would be quite different.

spazzoo1025
12-13-2007, 03:37 PM
but in one of the emails, when they were discussing the artifacts, didn't they say the Grail and most of the others were just stories? and there was only the Piece of Eden?

Redfeather1975
12-13-2007, 05:00 PM
Originally posted by spazzoo1025:
but in one of the emails, when they were discussing the artifacts, didn't they say the Grail and most of the others were just stories? and there was only the Piece of Eden?

I think the emails said the was no proof of it's existence, only stories.
But towards the end of the game, it's suggested that religious miracles were based on actual events using artifacts.
The holy grail could exist in the game world, but be some kind of artifact that does something so totally advanced that people confused it with immortality.
Like swapping minds/memories between bodies or something.

sweetlou280
12-13-2007, 10:40 PM
What i find soooo funny is that if by some miracle the cup jesus drank from at the last supper was some how saved...it would be made out of clay and look like a piece of trash. It wouldn't be gold and covered in jewels.

stix489
12-13-2007, 10:58 PM
http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/agreepost.gif http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/blink.gif

MDS_Geist
12-18-2007, 01:17 PM
Originally posted by sweetlou280:
What i find soooo funny is that if by some miracle the cup jesus drank from at the last supper was some how saved...it would be made out of clay and look like a piece of trash. It wouldn't be gold and covered in jewels.

Fanatics do weird things. So it isn't totally inconceivable that someone would have taken his clay or wooden drinking vessel and preserved it somehow - such as dipping it in metal. I know someone who keeps in their home a glass cup that the Lubavitch Rebbe drank from.

Silentmessiah13
12-19-2007, 01:30 PM
This is for the people who are looking to discover what the symbols and other stuff in the game mean. There is quite alot to this so bare with me peoples lol ( By the way, Ive researched this and borrowed from others research too so Im not claiming all this to be of my own research http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif )

The writings on the wall and the floor surrounding the animus are all somewhat connected. Subject 16 done this to show others where the Hoy Grail might be located. In which Abstergo decide not too look for it and focus on the Piece of Eden.

The game is set in September 2012 which is around 3 months before 21/12/2012 in which they are to launch the low orbiting satellite which they plan to attach the Piece of Eden to try and brainwash the world. Just so you know "Abstergo" is latin for "cleanse" which you can guess, they are Templars trying to control the world basically.

The other stuff is actually taken from real life events, findings and artifacts (maybe not the Piece of eden exactly lol), things like the Philadelphia experiment and the device they mention will allow communication over a secure channel, are actually a real experiment and the mitchell hedges crystal skull discovered in a mayan pyramid by the explorer of the same name. (search Philadelphia Experiment and Mitchel Hedges skull in Wikipedia, makes you think) more on this later too before I swerve off on a tangent.

As for the butterfly wings type drawing on the wall it is a symbol to do with the Lorentz Attractor or also known as the butterfly effect in a chaotic flow. Search it in Wikipedia.org . The formula written on the wall refers to the Mandelbrot set which relates to the planet alignment type picture in the top right. I have no idea on the relevance of this to the rest of the game so if anyone can help then please let me in on it too lol.

The numbers 13.0.0.0.0 refers to the end of the world AS WE KNOW IT according to the Mayan long count calender system. Just to be clear the world wont blow up or be hit by a comet twice the size of the moon. It is meant to be the winter solstice alignment of the sun and the galaxy and also found to be the magnetic pole reversal of the world which will in turn unlock our clairvoyant and psychic abilities and much much more. (more on the topic http://www.lifetechnology.org/blog/2007/06/dna-activation-and-2012.html)

The other writings like the square block of writing by the head of the Animus reads vertically starting from the bottom right letter saying "Artefacts sent to the skies to control all nation, to make us obey a hidden crusade. Do not help them" well you can guess easily what that means. The symbol of the eye in the triangle represents the holy trinity I think or just a trinity.

The triangle on the opposite side reads "They drained my soul and made it theirs. I drained my body to show you where I saw it" Subject 16 believed they had stolen his soul in order to find the artifacts and he wrote the messages in his blood to show you where he seen the artifact(s). The circle symbol just across from it at the foot of the animus is a symbol youll see on Led Zepplin IV album. It is a symbol from an ancient civilization of Mu, which existed 15000 years as part of a continent between China and Mexico which can be related to YonaGuni and Easter Island too (interesting huh?)

As for the person who commented on Emperor Jiajing, your a *******, research would tell you that he built three temples. The Temple of Sun, Temple of Earth and Temple of Moon. He collected loads of artifacts from around the world and the quote on the wall "Within Emperor Jiajing'[s] sin and Quetzcoaltz's hunger lies the Answers" must be something to do with locations of a certain artefact(s). Temple of Sun is obvious and the other maybe one of the sacrificial temples used by the Mayans to feed Quetcoaltz' "hunger".

I could go on but if you want to know more you know where to ask lol

The tie in of these real life discoveries led me into learning more about 2012 prophecies and cant help but wonder if this is a subtle hint to turn our attention towards that date, weather it be deliberate or sub-concious. A couple of books I would recommend are "Beyond 2012 : Catastrophe or Ecstasy by Geoff Stray and "The Gaia Project" by Hwee-Yong Jang if your interested in learning more. Really got me thinking after playing this game. If anyone else out there agrees, just give me a shout http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Im off for a curry now

ciao

spazzoo1025
12-19-2007, 01:45 PM
Originally posted by Silentmessiah13:

The numbers 13.0.0.0.0 refers to the end of the world AS WE KNOW IT according to the Mayan long count calender system. Just to be clear the world wont blow up or be hit by a comet twice the size of the moon. It is meant to be the winter solstice alignment of the sun and the galaxy and also found to be the magnetic pole reversal of the world which will in turn unlock our clairvoyant and psychic abilities and much much more. (more on the topic http://www.lifetechnology.org/blog/2007/06/dna-activation-and-2012.html)

like in Heroessss!! lol i luv that show

Silentmessiah13
12-19-2007, 01:50 PM
Hell yeah man that is an awesome show! Still to watch the second half

No spoilers please http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Silentmessiah13
12-19-2007, 01:57 PM
"still to watch the second half of the first series" is what I meant to say lol

UrbanII
12-19-2007, 07:05 PM
the holy grail is a metaphoric term, ever read the da vingie code? the holy grail refers to the son of jesus......possible what the sequel might be about

sephris67
12-19-2007, 09:33 PM
Originally posted by z4ch117:

Then they'd see how screwed up the world is, and the assassins would wish they didn't screw up the crusaders. :P

MDS_Geist
12-20-2007, 05:39 AM
Originally posted by UrbanII:
the holy grail is a metaphoric term, ever read the da vingie code? the holy grail refers to the son of jesus......possible what the sequel might be about

The Da Vinci Code is fiction, despite the author's belief in conspiracy theories. The Grail was not seen as metaphor until people realized they couldn't find it, then they started talking about it being metaphorical.

Silentmessiah13
12-20-2007, 10:02 AM
Originally posted by UrbanII:

Thats according to the Author of the Da Vinci code . It doesnt make sense if Jesus was the Holy Grail. How can you drink from Jesus himself?

According to christian mythology, Jesus appeared in an apparition to Joseph of Arimathea and gave him the grail. Also according to legend, it was used by Joseph (of Aremathea) to catch some blood from Jesus when he was being laid to rest in the tomb and he basically scampered off to britain and founded a set of guards to protect it