PDA

View Full Version : fish and milk

Da_shoota
01-14-2005, 02:16 PM
my mom told me not to drink milk if i had a serving of fish or else it will give me a very bad stomach ache. I find that hard to believe considering my mom might be telling me this out of superstition. Any of you guys think its true?

NSAagent
01-14-2005, 02:20 PM
it's a myth, just as waiting one hour before swimming is

Terrax213
01-14-2005, 02:23 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Did Muhhamad(SAW) ever teach people not to eat Fish and Milk together??

Praise be to Allaah.

It was not narrated that the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) forbade drinking milk at the same time as eating fish. Since no such thing has been proven, then we should refer to the doctors concerning this issue. If they say that eating these things together is harmful, then they should not be eaten together, rather they should be eaten separately. But if there is no harm in eating them together, then you may do so if you wish. It may be that eating them together is harmful for some people, because of individual sensitivities or allergies, or the nature of their bodies, whilst it is not harmful to others. In conclusion, this matter should be referred to the experts. And Allaah knows best. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

like NSA said .. .just a myth http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-tongue.gif

Leprechaun9
01-14-2005, 03:40 PM
Urben legends. I once proved the pop rock/soda one wrong by having them both at the same time, and then SCUBA diving to 60 feet.

C_X_V_I_I
01-14-2005, 03:45 PM
Actually, I find that the majority of these bad food combination myths (i.e. pasta and milk, fish and milk, broccoli and milk) do actually make people feel sick. However, the nausea is not caused because of an abnormal food mixture which your stomach cannot fathom, but in reality, it can be credited to a psychological issue. Many times, if people are so set on believing that something is going to happen, and they force themselves to believe it will happen, your brain will actually make you think it happened. Take this issue for instance, if you start to believe that fish and milk will make you feel nauseous, it most likely will because you unintentionally trick your brain in to believing so. Simple solution, when you eat fish and drink milk next time, force yourself to believe that the combonation will have no affect on your body (if you can), I would bet you'll be just fine.

njcl
01-14-2005, 03:49 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>NSAagent
Hukt of fonix

posted Fri January 14 2005 13:20
it's a myth, just as waiting one hour before swimming is

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

thats not a myth nsa,when youv eaten food the stomach needs lots of blood and oxygen to digest the food so blood going to the belly would be needed when swimming {the body pumps blood around the body to the needed parts,eg ,the heart...you should never exercise after eating

halo_99
01-14-2005, 04:05 PM
i`ve done it................................................ ...................http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-indifferent.gif

Da_shoota
01-14-2005, 06:29 PM
lol halo, yeah i just did it today. I was drinking some milk while writing this thread a couple of hours after i ate a nice helping of tilapia fillets; i feel fine nonetheless.

stavpal
01-15-2005, 01:13 AM
I dunno if it's a myth, but when i eat a lot of fish and cheese I kinda not feel my stomach very well after that - nothing serious

XyZspineZyX
01-15-2005, 01:22 AM
Some areas like Nj stated are right They recomment not swimming are doing anything phyically enduring on a <span class="ev_code_YELLOW">Full Stomach</span>. You need to wait at least an hour or two after a big meal to at least let some of the carbs process out of your stomach and into the small intestines. Larger Protein foods will not process for up to 4 hours. So, It is without saying that doing anytype of physical activity after eating a large meal is not recommended .

Now the Fish and Milk thing is just purely urban Legend and myth.

Rbdb1R
01-15-2005, 02:16 AM
fish and milk both suck

XyZspineZyX
01-15-2005, 02:19 AM
I cab't remember the last time I was eating fish and wondered.... hmmm I think I'll have a glass of milk !!

WTF

Who would do that anyways ? Thats just a disgusting combination

Da_shoota
01-15-2005, 06:14 AM
i didn't eat the two together. I had milk a few hours after i ate the fish.