PDA

View Full Version : the controversy is the proof within the pudding

deadly_thought
11-17-2011, 08:12 AM
some people say the new MP is screwed others say different some are prepared to "stomach" it for as long as they can while others wont stop playing it and some refuse to play it at all one things for certain the fact the boards are full of people discussing wether or not the MP is crap or not(and not how much of an improvement the new features are) shows that there is something wrong with MP in ACR i wont go into why because its all been said theres my two cents anyway

persiateddy95
11-17-2011, 08:13 AM
What an inspiring thread title.

Can I have some pudding?

deadly_thought
11-17-2011, 08:15 AM
yes but it will cost you your two cents as well

Steelbadger
11-17-2011, 08:15 AM
Originally posted by deadly_thought:
One things for certain the fact the boards are full of people discussing wether or not the MP is crap or not(and not how much of an improvement the new features are) shows that there is something wrong with MP in ACR i wont go into why because its all been said theres my two cents anyway

Not necessarily, it either means there's something wrong with the game or there is something wrong with the expectations.

persiateddy95
11-17-2011, 08:18 AM
I dislike ACR ever since it was first announced back in June.

fr4nkenstein10
11-17-2011, 08:22 AM
Thumbs up if you came here for pudding.
http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif

obliviondoll
11-17-2011, 08:30 AM
Originally posted by fr4nkenstein10:

Also, there's definitely plenty wrong with the game. Not the least of which is that they broke the previous game and never bothered to fix it before moving on to the sequel. And no, I'm NOT letting that go. It's a serious screw-up, and when combined with all the other idiocy surrounding it, it's enough that Ubisoft have convinced me, for now, not to spend ANY money on their products in ANY way that results in them seeing ANY of the money I spend AT ALL.

Zoidberg747
11-17-2011, 08:34 AM
Punctuation was discovered for a reason...

And also this is nothing new, no game ever comes out without a select few having problems with it. I will admit however that Ubi was a little lazy putting RDM in all modes, and there lies the core problem most people have with it. The whole "Lets split up teams that want to play together" is BS too, whether they are trying to stop boosting or not.

DreamcasterXL
11-17-2011, 09:00 AM
I don't like pudding. Can I have cake? http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/partyhat.gif

deadly_thought
11-17-2011, 09:14 AM
Originally posted by Zoidberg747:

And also this is nothing new, no game ever comes out without a select few having problems with it. I will admit however that Ubi wwas a little lazy putting RDM in all modes, and there lies the core problem most people have with it. The whole "Lets split up teams that want to play together" is BS too, whether they are trying to stop boosting or not. punctuation doesnt count for mych though when you spell 'was' with 2 W's just saying

deadly_thought
11-17-2011, 09:17 AM

And also this is nothing new, no game ever comes out without a select few having problems with it. I will admit however that Ubi wwas a little lazy putting RDM in all modes, and there lies the core problem most people have with it. The whole "Lets split up teams that want to play together" is BS too, whether they are trying to stop boosting or not.

youve touched on two key points there those two things together with what we put up with in ACB
make up alot of the arguments ive seen so far but i wouldnt limit it to them alone

deadly_thought
11-17-2011, 09:18 AM
Originally posted by obliviondoll:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by fr4nkenstein10:

Also, there's definitely plenty wrong with the game. Not the least of which is that they broke the previous game and never bothered to fix it before moving on to the sequel. And no, I'm NOT letting that go. It's a serious screw-up, and when combined with all the other idiocy surrounding it, it's enough that Ubisoft have convinced me, for now, not to spend ANY money on their products in ANY way that results in them seeing ANY of the money I spend AT ALL. </div></BLOCKQUOTE> agreed AC is the only ubisoft product i buy now after what happened in far cry 2

EscoBlades
11-17-2011, 09:26 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Zoidberg747:
punctuation doesnt count for mych though when you spell 'was' with 2 W's just saying </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Just saying http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

deadly_thought
11-17-2011, 09:29 AM
im not giving the one giving the grammar lessons tho am i sunshine

Taekwonthis
11-17-2011, 09:47 AM

Doesnt matter what they did there will always be some that dont like things about the game. It does not mean there is anything necessarily wrong with it , it means that a particular person doesnt like something about the game.

Perfect example is stun locking, some loved it some did not and think it is an exploit, so because your perhaps on the side that thinks they should have left it...doesnt mean the game is wrong or there is something wrong with the game.

Not saying there arent minor improvements that could be made but an improvement to me, could be a bad thing to you.

AVanguardLeads
11-17-2011, 09:57 AM

Though you were attempting to give spelling lessons.

deadly_thought
11-17-2011, 10:03 AM
well you would be wrong i was remarking on the hypocrisy of handing out grammar lessons whilst misspelling words somewhere along the lines you failed to differentiate between the insult and the observation although they were two entirely seperate things

deadly_thought
11-17-2011, 10:05 AM
Originally posted by Taekwonthis:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by deadly_thought:

Doesnt matter what they did there will always be some that dont like things about the game. It does not mean there is anything necessarily wrong with it , it means that a particular person doesnt like something about the game.

Perfect example is stun locking, some loved it some did not and think it is an exploit, so because your perhaps on the side that thinks they should have left it...doesnt mean the game is wrong or there is something wrong with the game.

Not saying there arent minor improvements that could be made but an improvement to me, could be a bad thing to you. </div></BLOCKQUOTE> you make a good point how many ppl would have been unhappy if multiplayer had remained the same with only minor improvements i wonder i guess well never know

Taekwonthis
11-17-2011, 10:11 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Taekwonthis:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by deadly_thought:

Not saying there arent minor improvements that could be made but an improvement to me, could be a bad thing to you. </div></BLOCKQUOTE> you make a good point how many ppl would have been unhappy if multiplayer had remained the same with only minor improvements i wonder i guess well never know </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I know...lol same about the same that are whining about stuff now. there will always be whining about something from someone. No perfect game and when its not exactly how that person specifically wants in in every way the game "needs fixing" . Game is not broke, opinion of what game should be is just that one persons opinion.

SniffyPenguin
11-17-2011, 10:15 AM
It seems a current trend that developers go way too far with making changes to an already successful formula until they **** off their core fan-base.

It happens a lot.

Ironically, though, even when developers give fans more of the same (i.e exactly what they want), they still complain. Just look at MW3.

berm87
11-17-2011, 10:18 AM
it's impossible for a multiplayer to assuage everyone. there will always be dissatisfied players and satisfied players.

Taekwonthis
11-17-2011, 10:20 AM
Originally posted by SniffyPenguin:
It seems a current trend that developers go way too far with making changes to an already successful formula until they **** off their core fan-base.

It happens a lot.

Ironically, though, even when developers give fans more of the same (i.e exactly what they want), they still complain. Just look at MW3.

exactly if they kept it very similar to ACB the complains would be..its too much like ACB why would those greedy sob's take money for a game we already have wah wah wah continues. i mean hell there were complaints about having a couple old maps from acb which i actually like. cant make everyone happy all of the time. they did a good job on the game, its different which it should be. if i wanted the same game as acb i would play acb.

FlailingAmigo
11-17-2011, 10:33 AM
Dude stop double and triple-posting.

Especially using the same quote twice.

Use the 'edit post' button

Taekwonthis
11-17-2011, 10:51 AM
Originally posted by FlailingAmigo:

show me where i used same quote twice. read the posts before commenting.

deadly_thought
11-17-2011, 10:58 AM

It happens a lot.

Ironically, though, even when developers give fans more of the same (i.e exactly what they want), they still complain. Just look at MW3. i agree the trick would be finding the right changes to make i guess

FlailingAmigo
11-17-2011, 11:01 AM
Originally posted by Taekwonthis:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by FlailingAmigo:

show me where i used same quote twice. read the posts before commenting. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sorry dude, this was aimed at OP not you

persiateddy95
11-17-2011, 11:10 AM
I don't want pudding, I want...

Ripe Claw.

Zoidberg747
11-17-2011, 11:34 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Zoidberg747:

And also this is nothing new, no game ever comes out without a select few having problems with it. I will admit however that Ubi wwas a little lazy putting RDM in all modes, and there lies the core problem most people have with it. The whole "Lets split up teams that want to play together" is BS too, whether they are trying to stop boosting or not. punctuation doesnt count for mych though when you spell 'was' with 2 W's just saying </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Mistyping a word and writing a whole paragraph without punctuation are two very different things. One is a minor mistake, which doesn't affect the comprehension of what I was trying to say.

One makes it very hard to read and makes it very hard to understand what your were saying. Also considering you misspell a word once every post, I would say you wouldn't be the one to give out "spelling" lessons.

BlackRose1809
11-17-2011, 11:51 AM

It happens a lot.

Also the Sims series. I swear if you go to their forums you would seen endless posts of problems with games and complaining. It depends on the consumer.

I personally liked this game, because I never got a chance to play ACB multiplayer because I borrowed the game from a friend and just played the SP. So at least I'm able to play online, FINALLY!

Also they did incorportate some things that were wrong when the beta came out. Now before everyone attacks me with, "They didn't fix it at all!" or w.e, what I saw from the beta was somethings that was simple to fix and they did.

One thing was the characters pictures and cosmetic appearances. I was always hitting the wrong person because three of the male characters had the same hat but different color or had a hood as the others. So it was a bit hard. So they fixed it and gave them all different looks. So I'm pretty happy with that.

One thing was the the lateness on the buttons. The stun button didn't work as fast as it should've when someone was about to attack. They did make it faster as I noticed.

The one thing that did ****ed me off though is that when I first logged in on beta and here they said that if you played beta, you will be at that level you reached in beta,in the final product... BULL CRAP! I was level 16 and when I got the game? level 1. But at least all my old ablities and stuff was still there... but still.

And that's my two cents and I want pancakes! No pudding... I hate pudding... except chocolate pudding.. that's okay. :3

E-Zekiel
11-17-2011, 12:46 PM
Believe it or not, a lot of people disliked AC:B. People should probably just not play games they don't like tbh.

Originally posted by berm87:
it's impossible for a multiplayer to assuage everyone. there will always be dissatisfied players and satisfied players.

BlackRose1809
11-17-2011, 01:40 PM
Originally posted by E-Zekiel:
Believe it or not, a lot of people disliked AC:B. People should probably just not play games they don't like tbh.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by berm87:
it's impossible for a multiplayer to assuage everyone. there will always be dissatisfied players and satisfied players. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

True... to both.

AwkwardlyBruta
11-17-2011, 01:43 PM

And also this is nothing new, no game ever comes out without a select few having problems with it. I will admit however that Ubi was a little lazy putting RDM in all modes, and there lies the core problem most people have with it. The whole "Lets split up teams that want to play together" is BS too, whether they are trying to stop boosting or not.

Just Krispy
11-17-2011, 01:45 PM
Part of the problem is we were mostly all 50's in ACB and now we are starting over...its hard....ACB basically started when you hit 50...

BlackRose1809
11-17-2011, 02:33 PM
Originally posted by PMSKrispy:
Part of the problem is we were mostly all 50's in ACB and now we are starting over...its hard....ACB basically started when you hit 50...

yeah I know what you mean... I was a bit mad at the matchmaker thing that connects you to the people that have your same level? I was with people around level 30 or more and I was like killed the first 5 secs... It was stupid! I mean I don't want to sound noobish or anything (I have played ACB level 23) but it's not really fair.

AwkwardlyBruta
11-17-2011, 02:38 PM
Originally posted by BlackRose1809:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by PMSKrispy:

yeah I know what you mean... I was a bit mad at the matchmaker thing that connects you to the people that have your same level? I was with people around level 30 or more and I was like killed the first 5 secs... It was stupid! I mean I don't want to sound noobish or anything (I have played ACB level 23) but it's not really fair. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

If you're talking about the spawning agreed, once I spawned inside of my purser, lucky I hit B/circle first, but that should NEVER happen.

BlackRose1809
11-17-2011, 02:44 PM
Originally posted by AwkwardlyBruta:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BlackRose1809:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by PMSKrispy:

yeah I know what you mean... I was a bit mad at the matchmaker thing that connects you to the people that have your same level? I was with people around level 30 or more and I was like killed the first 5 secs... It was stupid! I mean I don't want to sound noobish or anything (I have played ACB level 23) but it's not really fair. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

If you're talking about the spawning agreed, once I spawned inside of my purser, lucky I hit B/circle first, but that should NEVER happen. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I think that's what happened, because for more than 3 times, I was waiting for the HUB to come up and BAM! Dead... again.