PDA

View Full Version : UBI wont listen to us

marcd23
07-25-2008, 01:47 AM
Right now that I have your attention!

I come on here and read alot of what people have to say, and personaly I have noticed a hell of a lot of *****ing.

But the reality of it is your all still playing rainbow and then comin on here *****ing about it and ****ging it off then going back to playing it again and coming back on here and bithcing about it.
*****ing and moaning on the forum is not going to get you anywhere with UBI, because they are sitting there laughing at all of you, you come on here, you ***** and then go play and then come back and ***** and then go back to playing AGAIN.
UBI are not stupid they know this is happening because all they will do is watch the figures of the online players and thats it!
Yeah the forum mods will pass on info from the forums but till UBI feel they need to do something about it nothing will happen.
They way they see it is if people are playing the game they are happy and we dont have to do anything.
The minute the online figures start to drop thats when they will sit up and go ****!
You gotta remember to a company like this its all about the figures and not the feed back.
If the figures are high then they don't need to care about the feed back.

The only way we're gonna get anywhere with UBI is by boycotting the game and not playing online and making there figures go down, to make them open there eyes and make them sit up and notice that the players are ****ed at the game, because untill the day this happens UBI will do nothing.

So personally I think people should stop comin on the forums and *****ing about a game there only gonna turn around and start playing again, and im sorry but you wouldn't keep comin on here and *****in if you wern't playing the game still because you think like a lot of people that your gonna be able to come on here ***** and moan and UBI will fix it when they wont.

Remember its all about marketing!
When the figures start to drop, that is the only time a company will start to take notice about what is going on.

Think about it!
Don't ***** about it, act on it!

Dactrius
07-25-2008, 03:23 AM
The problem with your suggestion here (Aside from the fact you're a walking contradiction by whining about whiners) is that if everyone stopped playing R6V2 online, Ubisoft won't lose money. We don't pay for the privelage, so if we stop playing it it won't make a difference to their figures.

Also using a misleading thread title is weak and the only reason you could have done it is because you felt your thread's actual topic wouldn't generate as many views. Think about why that is for minute.

Real720
07-25-2008, 03:31 AM
Originally posted by marcd23:The only way we're gonna get anywhere with UBI is by boycotting the game and not playing online and making there figures go down, to make them open there eyes and make them sit up and notice that the players are ****ed at the game, because untill the day this happens UBI will do nothing.

what gives you the ******* impression that we still play this sh*t?

it's funny how you misspelled the word, "leaked", even after you put so much work into your post...

marcd23
07-25-2008, 03:51 AM
number 1 this is only 1 of a very few number of posts that I have made on the boards and if im correct its more than likely the first time ive had a rant, so a walking contradiction i am not as i have made a suggestion.
And I never once mentioned the fact that we pay for it cos we don't, the fact that I mentioned figures is because UBI can see the amount of people who log onto there servers to play rainbow there for they are able to see if people are playing at a regular rate or not.

And the thing that gives me the impression that you are still playing the game is because you keep coming onto this forum in hope of finding out information about DLC or game changes, once again you had a little stab at the game.

Megalodon26
07-25-2008, 06:15 AM
There are a number of us on these boards who haven't played Vegas 2, but still come here to see what is going to happen to the series we loved so much. We have seen that Vegas 2 hasn't been well received on any platform, as there are many 360 players complaining about the game. There are also people who bought the game, but have had great difficulty getting to play online, and have received little or no help from UBI, so there come here to find out what can be done, or if there are any more patches coming.

So there are plenty of people who aren't playing the game, but still frequent these forums. In fact, there are probably more people browsing these forums right this moment than playing the game, and no CEO in their right mind would see the numbers playing Vegas 2 on all platforms and consider it a successful game, but they don't care, they already got their money.

The only way they will sit up and notice, is if all the major retail stores refuse to order the next installment, because as long as Walmart, Target, Best Buy, Future Shop, and every other international box store, orders their 2-3 dozen copies per outlet, UBI has been paid. The games are purchased by the stores, so it doesn't matter to UBI if the game sits on the shelf or in the bargain bin, or gets traded in, because once the stores order them, UBI's can head to the bank and announce the success of selling however many million copies. Now imagine if sales numbers could only be made up of those sold to the smaller chains like EBGames or D2D, UBI wouldn't like having to report to the shareholders that sales numbered in the thousands. It sounds drastic, and will never happen, that is truly the only way to effectively boycott the game, not as consumers but as redistributers.

Xanavi23
07-25-2008, 06:51 AM
And yet...you whine about whiners...The optimal word here is hypocrate.

neilthecellist
07-25-2008, 08:09 AM
*chuckles sadly at Kit75*

It's not that number we're talking about here.

ERN456
07-25-2008, 08:17 AM
Did someone delete his post or something I remember seeing a post after Xanavis.

silentstriderm
07-25-2008, 08:58 AM
Originally posted by ERN456:
Did someone delete his post or something I remember seeing a post after Xanavis.

Looks like we have a conspiracy on our hands!

Kit75
07-25-2008, 09:01 AM
Originally posted by silentstriderm:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ERN456:

Looks like we have a conspiracy on our hands! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Bleh, not quite. What I wrote would've fallen on deaf ears and I deleted it myself right after I wrote it. I didn't notice that you were talking specifically about PC...

AWC_Pest
07-25-2008, 09:19 AM
Not a single person in my clan has purchased Vegas 2. Once the reviews on here by trusted old timers is positive, then a couple of my clan will get it and evaluate it. I doubt that will ever happen.

Even if Vegas 2 were a positive experience, it would probably never get bought by the entire clan since there is no map editor and therefore it has a very short shelf life.

The number of players online for the PC version is already in the toilet. The only way to hurt UBI is to not buy the game in the first place.

No Demo
No true SADS
No Map Editor
Tons of bugs
No constantly working hardcore mode

This game was doomed from the beginning and those that purchased it should have known better after reading our whining posts.

ERN456
07-25-2008, 09:30 AM
Yeah and its not very realistic or tactical and it has the stupid fruit camos and unrealistic gear. One question why is the PC the only platform that gets map editors in almost every game?

AWC_Pest
07-25-2008, 09:37 AM
Yeah and its not very realistic or tactical and it has the stupid fruit camos and unrealistic gear. One question why is the PC the only platform that gets map editors in almost every game?

Because it's hard to edit maps with AABAAX(left trigger)YAAB(right trigger)A... http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif

ERN456
07-25-2008, 09:40 AM
Halo 3 did it with forge but I guess its not as good as a PC editor.

Kit75
07-25-2008, 10:07 AM
Originally posted by AWC_Pest:
The number of players online for the PC version is already in the toilet. The only way to hurt UBI is to not buy the game in the first place.

I wouldn't be surprised if at least 90% of the sales were on console only, which would fit what you say.

Xanavi23
07-25-2008, 10:11 AM
Not a single person in my clan has purchased Vegas 2. Once the reviews on here by trusted old timers is positive, then a couple of my clan will get it and evaluate it. I doubt that will ever happen.

Even if Vegas 2 were a positive experience, it would probably never get bought by the entire clan since there is no map editor and therefore it has a very short shelf life.

No Demo
No true SADS
No Map Editor
Tons of bugs
No constantly working hardcore mode

This game was doomed from the beginning and those that purchased it should have known better after reading our whining posts.

You, know personally i won't stop playing Vegas2 because despite all the problems im one of the lucky couple dozen whose online experience is pretty provided i host the room. Little Lag(everybody has to ready up before match begins) also the briefing time is key on PS3(10+ or more is needed) as dumb as that sounds.

HOWEVER...i am the type of guy who won't mind playing on the same 5-6 favorite maps. As such i am an extreme minority. So you're totally right...if you compare to UT3 which i beleive the number of CUSTOM maps ranks somewhere in the hundred upon hundreds, Vegas has almost no long term shelf-life to most gamers.
Im not a genius but even i could foresee how allowing players to create their own maps makes the game shelf life last much longer.
Shelf life is key in the video game world because;
1) It allows the developer to have more time, while customers play a previous installment, to alot far more time to the development of the next installment. Ensuring a far better product.
Also buying them time to do a proper Beta Test.
2) It keeps customers happy, happy with the game they are currently still playing and happy with the developer.
And thus...everybody is happy...

Xanavi23
07-25-2008, 10:13 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ERN456:

Because it's hard to edit maps with AABAAX(left trigger)YAAB(right trigger)A... http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

PS2 games have already had map editors like Timesplitters 2...it might not have been the most advanced map editor but it was one and it worked. Now with the limits of what the PS3 can do and contain it would work even far better now. Provided the developer in question puts the "infrastructure in place".
I imagine PC will always be better but it can be at least satisfactory on PS3/360.

Want2Snipe
07-25-2008, 10:25 AM
http://img369.imageshack.us/img369/6937/trolloc1.jpg

ERN456
07-25-2008, 10:38 AM
I guess thats one of the advantages of PC gaming you get the map editors sure would be nice to get one for consoles though.

neilthecellist
07-25-2008, 10:52 AM
One question why is the PC the only platform that gets map editors in almost every game?

Unreal Tournament 3 (PS3) can play custom maps. However, you still have to make the maps in the PC version and then "cook" the map to work in PS3.

Techbone
07-25-2008, 09:39 PM
Yeah, they should be able to make a map editor for consoles if Timesplitters had one that worked for Gamecube.

ERN456
07-25-2008, 09:55 PM
Yeah Halo 3 had the forge thingy and it wasnt half bad unlike halo 3 which is boring.

Xanavi23
07-25-2008, 10:09 PM
Originally posted by Techbone:
Yeah, they should be able to make a map editor for consoles if Timesplitters had one that worked for Gamecube.

Exactly, it wasn't the most advanced editor but you could do some pretty nice maps with it. And that was with old technology, our two consoles in use now, 360 and PS3 are both capable doing way more. Maybe its laziness on "someboys" part ?

Flo_145
07-26-2008, 03:02 AM
Originally posted by Xanavi23:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Techbone:

Exactly, it wasn't the most advanced editor but you could do some pretty nice maps with it. And that was with old technology, our two consoles in use now, 360 and PS3 are both capable doing way more. Maybe its laziness on "someboys" part ? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Of Course.

UBISOFT! FOR THE LOVE OF GOD LISTEN TO YOUR ****ED OFF COMMUNITY YOU PIECES OF ****!

I Believe Ubisoft is like The Martian Child, doesnt want to come out of his "safety" box

like Dactrius said, We Don't Pay to Play this isnt a ****ing MMORPG.

Map Editor;
Bless the Day EA invented this wonderous tool of endless enjoyment, and then forgot to license and patent it, and thus was stolen by 90% of the gaming companies is a blood bath of legal fire.
Ubi, you have made a map editor before (Far Cry Instincts) and that was for the ****ing Xbox!
why cant you take that simple piece of technology and implement it into your new games!?

Your most hated ranter,
Flo_145, out
(screen buzzes out)

Techbone
07-26-2008, 06:45 PM
I think with time we will get what we want from Ubi but we have to stop insulting them. For Ubi to do this they need our support.

Megalodon26
07-26-2008, 07:34 PM
Originally posted by Techbone:
I think with time we will get what we want from Ubi but we have to stop insulting them. For Ubi to do this they need our support.

Hahaha, I'm sorry but I just had to laugh at that one. We're still waiting for the SDK that UBI promised to release for RVS, or how about the true dedicated SADS for Vegas 1.

The only thing you will get by quietly waiting for UBI, is more frustration and blisters from twiddling your thumbs. That is of course if you aren't sitting there with your thumb up your Kiester, thinking "So this is what it feels like to get screwed by UBI!".

Chuck_Withers
07-27-2008, 12:54 AM
Get use to it customer sevice is going the way of the dodo bird, there is enough sales that even the people who come on here and whine about the game and say that there not going to buy it it doesnt effect ubi to much they still got more money from the other 5 people who dont care

Megalodon26
07-27-2008, 02:06 AM
Originally posted by Chuck_Withers:
Get use to it customer sevice is going the way of the dodo bird, there is enough sales that even the people who come on here and whine about the game and say that there not going to buy it it doesnt effect ubi to much they still got more money from the other 5 people who dont care

And that is why our world is in the shape it is in, people don't care and complain when other do. But does that mean that I'm not supposed to stop caring, Hell no, maybe I'll care more to make up the difference. As long as people accept half ****d games that game companies shovel out with no real effort or money, then that is all they will put out.

Chuck_Withers
07-27-2008, 12:07 PM
I never said you should stop caring my point is this is the way it is, but I find complaining on an internet forum that this game is crap doesn't do any thing really. Hit Ubi by send them letters get your friends to do the same thing. If you complain and do nothing you're just a Whino. Don't get me wrong i'm not saying you haven't done anything I don't know but such as it is i'm just pointing it out. I also do care about how this game works really an AK-47 doing less damage then an FAMAS give me a break really.

Megalodon26
07-27-2008, 04:22 PM
As a former member of the CF myself, I will cut you some slack, but letters don't do diddly either by themselves. How many letters would actually reach the hands of the devs, not a one, but the execs may be briefed on them, I emphasize MAY. But these forums have been read directly by the devs, or so we've been told, no middle man to filter through as long as we keep within the TOU. But if nobody complained or repeatedly brought up the negative aspects of these games, the devs wouldn't have a clue that we didn't like the product they released. Now I realize that it may not seem as if we are getting through to them after that joke of a "Fan Pack", but they are the ones we need to convert, as the execs may set the timetable for the game, but it is the devs that are behind the direction the game is going. It are the devs that decided to use the CS instead of lean, it was the devs who put in regen health. It is the devs who turned Rainbow six from a realistic tacsim into a arcade shooter with the only thing realistic about it being the AI movement, thanks to mocap.

To me, the biggest thing I want the devs to take in is the idea that level designs need to be non linear, and the player should be able to choose how to accomplish the mission. imagine a real CT team coming up to a locked door and saying"oops, I guess we'll try another one." and doing that several times till they find one that's open, heck no, if a door is locked, they'll either pick it or blow it. A little thing like a locked door isn't going to keep a CT team from properly searching and clearing a building, but you should know that.

Chuck_Withers
07-27-2008, 04:41 PM
Yup I know that haha, Trust me I know I guess I probably shouldn't have put it toward s one person that was my fault. I think if every one on this forum who complained at least once about one thing sent a letter that would be a bunch of letters, but then again like you have said who would get it the paper shredder would. I suppose the Devs read 'em (the boards)just as much as they took the time to research actual CT ops. But as an engineer well going back as one I say blow every door **** it blow every thing up muwhahah I'll have to rebuild it anyways haha.

WhiteKnight77
07-27-2008, 06:23 PM
Originally posted by Chuck_Withers:

The funny thing is, USAToday just had an article about customer service in it, I think it was last Thursdays edition. It went on about how Best Buy was having a good time attracting customers while Circuit City, Wal-Mart and even Target were having trouble with them with Circuit City having to deal with share losses. The difference is that Best Buy had people ready, willing and able (meaning trained) to help. The article also pointed out why Circuit City was having problems. In a bid to save money, they fired 1000 (at least) of their experienced personel and hiring entry level salespersons with no training on what they were selling. No customer service on their part. Wal-Mart was no better, after stocking a shelf, the "sales associate" disappeared.

These are classic examples of how important customer service is. Southwest Airlines have shown an increase in profits and other financials due to great customer satisfaction over 17 years while Delta and other airlines have had to file for bankruptcy. Being from the Atlanta area, I know who Delta states they strive to deliver good customer service, yet, invariably, you will see complaints about how poor it is in the paper, most often on a weekly basis and yet Delta complains about losing money. Again, a company that just does not get it.

Ubi will get it, once they have to wonder why their finacials start tanking.

abnegnejs
07-28-2008, 02:14 AM
Originally posted by WhiteKnight77:
The funny thing is, USAToday just had an article about customer service in it, I think it was last Thursdays edition. It went on about how Best Buy was having a good time attracting customers while Circuit City, Wal-Mart and even Target were having trouble with them with Circuit City having to deal with share losses. The difference is that Best Buy had people ready, willing and able (meaning trained) to help. The article also pointed out why Circuit City was having problems. In a bid to save money, they fired 1000 (at least) of their experienced personel and hiring entry level salespersons with no training on what they were selling. No customer service on their part. Wal-Mart was no better, after stocking a shelf, the "sales associate" disappeared.

These are classic examples of how important customer service is. Southwest Airlines have shown an increase in profits and other financials due to great customer satisfaction over 17 years while Delta and other airlines have had to file for bankruptcy. Being from the Atlanta area, I know who Delta states they strive to deliver good customer service, yet, invariably, you will see complaints about how poor it is in the paper, most often on a weekly basis and yet Delta complains about losing money. Again, a company that just does not get it.

I can only see one problem with this. If the people who run Ubisoft have managed to turn it into a multi-million dollar corporation, how come they're missing something so obvious?

Lethal1940
07-28-2008, 10:41 AM
It appears there are 4 paid Ubisoft employee's on these forums, and yet Ubisoft conveys no news to them in several weeks???

A broken game with no news of a fix or that Ubisoft will no longer support it???

No news Period!!!

Yep!!
That's sound business practice!! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_mad.gif

WhiteKnight77
07-28-2008, 11:26 AM
Originally posted by abnegnejs:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by WhiteKnight77:

I can only see one problem with this. If the people who run Ubisoft have managed to turn it into a multi-million dollar corporation, how come they're missing something so obvious? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The same way other companies miss it. Then again, it appears that even upper management at Ubi failed at Business 101.

abnegnejs
07-28-2008, 11:52 AM
Originally posted by WhiteKnight77:
The same way other companies miss it. Then again, it appears that even upper management at Ubi failed at Business 101.

I hope you're right.

Xanavi23
07-28-2008, 12:49 PM
Originally posted by Lethal1940:
It appears there are 4 paid Ubisoft employee's on these forums, and yet Ubisoft conveys no news to them in several weeks???

A broken game with no news of a fix or that Ubisoft will no longer support it???

No news Period!!!

Yep!!
That's sound business practice!! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_mad.gif

Easiest job in the world those 4. All they have to do is make sure theres no real arguing/flaming/discourt. When there is, they simply delete/ban/block someone or some thing with a click of a button.

Theres no news coming or seemingly tasks put to them by Ubisoft. So all they gotta do is sit pretty and collect cash. Even if its only 10$ a day...its 10$ easy dollars. Its a sweet set-up, i'ld be lying if i said i wasn't jealous.

Want2Snipe
07-28-2008, 12:51 PM
Be patience guys... news are coming momentarely! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif

Mysticaly
07-28-2008, 01:06 PM
Originally posted by bigrexxx:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Techbone:

Hahaha, I'm sorry but I just had to laugh at that one. We're still waiting for the SDK that UBI promised to release for RVS </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Did they ever promise that ? I can't remember they did?.?

vapor002
07-28-2008, 05:06 PM
Good to see some of the old timers still posting here. Came back to check out of morbid curiousity if "Vegas 2" was still suffering from the same ole problems.

No I haven't bought it as "Vegas" was my last purchase from UBI.

No surprise to find the same issues and same dysfunctional corp ignoring it's customers and delivering dysfunctional products.

To some of the aparrent newcomers this is the third iteration of this mess that started with "Lockdown" and "vegas" and now Vegas 2.

UBI has ignored pretty much every suggestion/request and as long as they can still spin out BS like "award-winning and highly acclaimed Rainbow Six Vegas" while ignoring those who dropped their cash already they are laughing all the way to the bank.

Best response we ever got was from multiple filings with the BBB in CA. Thats IMO what got the last "vegas" finally patched enough to play MP. Or so I hear as I uninstalled.

Keep the faith guys and be sure to post up if you find another game that ggz in MP and NOT made by UBI.

Shout out to Rage and Rexx and all you old timers. Still play RvS adver most every night but players are getting kinda thin. Still quite a few old school RvS players on during weekends :-)

-Neverforsaken
AKA Vapor