PDA

View Full Version : help with spawn points on dogfight maps

TX-ScubaSteve
02-26-2006, 03:44 PM
Just wondering if anyone could tell me how to set spawn points away from runways on a dogfight map? Doing so on coop maps is simple. However, dogfight maps seem to only let you place a home base at airbases, or at test runways. However, I played on a dogfight server where spawn points were next to roads, which were used as runways marked by campires. There seemed to be no evidence of any real runway structures in the vicinity. It couldn't have been a series of invisible Test Runway 4s, as that would cause an airstart on a dogfight map. Do I just need to figure out how to edit the mission files in notepad or something? Just looking for some help here. Thanks.

Kapt_A
02-26-2006, 04:54 PM
Was it the Kurland map?Some of the availible airfields on that map start on a roadway.

And welcome to the forums.

TX-ScubaSteve
02-26-2006, 09:05 PM
Yes, it was the Kurland map! Sure enough, the airfields marked at places like O-16, Q-19, M/N-10 appear as dirt roads, even though they're shown as airport icons on the map. Very interesting!

Well, I guess that solves THAT mystery!

Dissapointed I can't balance aircraft on the edges of cliffs near Yalta on a dogfight map, like I can with coops.

Thanks Kapt_A for clueing me in!

hotspace
02-27-2006, 04:44 AM
Also on some maps you have Seaplane Bases where you can fly the Zero Floatplane, Flying Boats/Seaplanes (Last two external only though) http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif