PDA

View Full Version : Armpatches?

Vanished_
11-20-2004, 01:01 PM
I wonder if you get to make your own armpatch for co-op multiplayer like in halo 2.

Vanished_
11-20-2004, 01:01 PM
I wonder if you get to make your own armpatch for co-op multiplayer like in halo 2.

SoulFire382
11-20-2004, 01:32 PM
*Ahem* In case you didn't notice, those are normally bright colored. I don't LIKE to be bright colored. I prefer to be the shadow you THOUGHT you saw kind of player.

Cheeserdude
11-20-2004, 03:09 PM
Errrrrrrrrr. nOObish ques, but wats an armpatch??

Mr.scpt
11-20-2004, 03:49 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Cheeserdude:
Errrrrrrrrr. nOObish ques, but wats an armpatch?? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
thats my exact same question too.wat is an armpatch.is it something that u put on your arm for healing.

silentassasin05
11-20-2004, 04:16 PM
probably just a custom logo to go on your arm.i havent got halo 2 so i wouldnt no for sure

cooldude6681
11-20-2004, 04:58 PM
Havent played it yet, but it's probably the same idea as having different colored armor, but they just make it harder by having everyone same color armor, and you have to look for different armbands to tell opponents from teammates

Mr.scpt
11-20-2004, 05:08 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by cooldude6681:
Havent played it yet, but it's probably the same idea as having different colored armor, but they just make it harder by having everyone same color armor, and you have to look for different armbands to tell opponents from teammates <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
i never heard of any armbands in sc games.

cooldude6681
11-20-2004, 05:12 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Mr.scpt:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by cooldude6681:
Havent played it yet, but it's probably the same idea as having different colored armor, but they just make it harder by having everyone same color armor, and you have to look for different armbands to tell opponents from teammates <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
i never heard of any armbands in sc games. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
Halo 2, not SC.
And there **** well better not be any armbands in CT

Mr.scpt
11-20-2004, 05:28 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Mr.scpt:
Halo 2, not SC.
And there **** well better not be any armbands in CT <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
i havent played H2 and i never will.so i dont kno wat armbands is.

cooldude6681
11-20-2004, 05:30 PM
Halo 2, not SC.
i havent played H2 and i never will.so i dont kno wat armbands is. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
umm, colored pieces of cloth about 3-4 inches in width tied around the upper arm.

Mr.scpt
11-20-2004, 05:32 PM
Halo 2, not SC.
i havent played H2 and i never will.so i dont kno wat armbands is. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
umm, colored pieces of cloth about 3-4 inches in width tied around the upper arm. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
didnt sam had that as a health pack in scpt.the haelth thing wen u press it it looked like he wrapped a band around his upper arm.is this wat evrybody was talkin about.if they r its already in http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif.

cooldude6681
11-20-2004, 05:37 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Vanished_:
I wonder if you get to make your own armpatch for co-op multiplayer like in halo 2. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
plus, there wouldn't be much point in having armbands in SP

Vanished_
11-20-2004, 05:45 PM
Its like a square picture on the side of your arm.

Mr.scpt
11-20-2004, 05:49 PM
well there is a square green thing on fishers back.

SoulFire382
11-20-2004, 05:56 PM
That's his OPSAT!
An armpatch is pretty much a custom insignia, that's on the upper arm, visible to other players. And yes, it's normally brightly colored.

Mr.scpt
11-20-2004, 06:00 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by SoulFire382:
That's his OPSAT!
An armpatch is pretty much a custom insignia, that's on the upper arm, visible to other players. And yes, it's normally brightly colored. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
its his opsat.i didnt kno that.in the game i never heard that thats yo opsat.and how do u kno?

cooldude6681
11-20-2004, 06:02 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by SoulFire382:
That's his OPSAT!
An armpatch is pretty much a custom insignia, that's on the upper arm, visible to other players. And yes, it's normally brightly colored. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
its his opsat.i didnt kno that.in the game i never heard that thats yo opsat.and how do u kno? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
if you look closely, it's a radio, and if you watch the cutscene before his first mission (t'blisi police station), i think it shows grim putting an earpiece over his ear with a wire going down his back (i think, it's been a while since i've seen that clip)

Mr.scpt
11-20-2004, 06:07 PM
That's his OPSAT!
its his opsat.i didnt kno that.in the game i never heard that thats yo opsat.and how do u kno? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
if you look closely, it's a radio, and if you watch the cutscene before his first mission (t'blisi police station), i think it shows grim putting an earpiece over his ear with a wire going down his back (i think, it's been a while since i've seen that clip) <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
yea that night be it!but i cant check bcuz i lend out my first sc game and the person lost it.im planning to get it back by getting the tom clancys package.that has GR1,rainbow six and sc1.for 40 buks.

Jason-Alaska
11-21-2004, 02:07 AM
It would be a neat idea. Just like in the Rainbow 6 series.

But as a Shadow Net spy... You have no affiliation and if you are cought no one will claim you. But put a "This spy belongs to__________" on your arm if you like. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

cooldude6681
11-21-2004, 02:46 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Jason-Alaska:
It would be a neat idea. Just like in the Rainbow 6 series.

But as a Shadow Net spy... You have no affiliation and if you are cought no one will claim you. But put a "This spy belongs to__________" on your arm if you like. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
Having an armband destroys every little possible bit of stealth...stuff (for lack of a better word) you have. It would give you away. but yea, that would be funny if you had a "this spy dadadadada..." thing.

collywog2004
11-21-2004, 04:06 AM
It would be pointless considering tha you are n the dark an dpeople aren't meant to see you http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/35.gif

Vanished_
11-21-2004, 06:54 AM
I guess i never thought about that.

PhilosopherCop
11-21-2004, 07:26 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Vanished_:
I guess i never thought about that. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

You can never think of everything

Mr.scpt
11-21-2004, 07:29 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by PhilosopherCop:
I guess i never thought about that. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

You can never think of everything <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
armpatches=not got idea
plain and simple.
end of story.
bye,bye...see u later.

stg442000
11-21-2004, 09:23 AM
the opsat is on Sam's wrist. if you ever shoot a sticky camera and point it at Sam, you'll see him looking at it.
oh, and Mr.scpt, you seem to be a little confused about the "armpatch" thing. here's an example:

http://www.gamespot.com/pc/action/returntocastlewolfenstein/screens.html?page=40

The-Stealth
12-19-2004, 02:15 PM
Maybe in adversarial arm patches to tell who from who while playin 3 on 1 or sumthing but since its just u and a partner mostly it would be pointless

ceab17
12-19-2004, 05:42 PM
ok i think what he means is in halo 2 you get to design an avatar that appears on your arm, and whether you can do this in co-op.

i think if they included this feature it wouldnt make you more visible to enemies it would just be there for identification purposes and sort of a way to define your player profile.

ceab17
12-19-2004, 05:43 PM
by the way your sig is cool but way big

The-Stealth
12-22-2004, 03:50 PM
thanks, i keep 4 gettin to change it, but it woudnt give u away cuz like ya know the goggles,OPSAT, and radio all light up for you and not the the merc maybe in should be like that. and there would be a spray paint shop or sumthing and u could load pics from your PC or make stuff and spray it on the walls, realistic, no but funny, yes