PDA

View Full Version : The Fractal image on the walls *spoilers*

PrivateJ0ker
12-09-2007, 05:42 AM
Hey everyone I noticed no one has discussed the inclusion of fractals in the hidden images at the end of the game. A fractal is a complex image that exists infinitely and looks identical on every level of the shape, so the shape would theoretically have the same visual image on an astronomical level larger than a galaxy, and have the same visual image on the level of the sub-atomic level.

What do you think the fractal has to do with Assassins Creed? Will their be a time paradox in a sequel (say they decide to use the Piece of Eden they received from manipulating time), that causes the main character to enter into some sort of infinite state? TIme will only tell...ideas?

OtnemeM_IroM
12-09-2007, 05:51 AM
Go here, bud:

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=175552&site=xbw

Redfeather1975
12-09-2007, 06:08 AM
Do you mean the center image in the bedroom?
It looked like an infinity symbol to me.
You could be right about an infinite loop caused by time manipulation.
I was also thinking it could have something to do with the Grail artifact.
Abstrego, from what I remember, doesn't believe the Grail artifact exists. They also don't understand what that stuff on the wall is talking about.
Then there's the Alpha and Omega references on the wall. Which could be hinting about transcending time, to exist infinitely.

PrivateJ0ker
12-09-2007, 07:26 AM
The article does not state anything about the fractal.

Also I am not referring to the infinite symbol there is an actual depiction of a fractal (impossible of course to perceive on all levels of magnitude)

cooldude6681
12-09-2007, 05:47 PM
I don't remember seeing any fractals in either room. Where was it?

Kaxen6
12-09-2007, 06:23 PM
It's a Lorenz Attractor (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lorenz_attractor)

AldirTheKnight
12-09-2007, 06:39 PM
"The Lorenz attractor is a 3-dimensional structure corresponding to the long-term behavior of a chaotic flow, noted for its butterfly shape."

so that would be the butterfly effect, aye?