PDA

View Full Version : its getting worse not better

ACRUINATION
11-20-2011, 02:32 AM
why on earth have you decided to alienate your fanbase? why didnt you take the time to fix the old system instead creating a new one that IS faster but broken in so many other ways

sincerely a disgruntled gamer

E-Zekiel
11-20-2011, 02:40 AM
http://easymacandcheese.com/wp-content/uploads/cheese_oh_cheese.jpg

MrKnox122
11-20-2011, 03:45 AM
cheese?

http://i171.photobucket.com/albums/u299/Maxmaz/anitasearchesbb5.gif

W-E-S-P
11-20-2011, 03:49 AM
I was looking for Oblivions thread about being disappointed, but I cant find it so I'll post it here.

Oblivion, don't buy ACR if you're looking for quality mate because you wont find it in either the SP or MP of ACR.

I had issues with Ubi last year for their poor quality in games so I refused to purchase any more Ubi games with the exception of AC, but now it seems Iíll also be leaving AC at the door. If Ubi can't fix these issues after 3 previous games then I don't think they ever will.

Single Player

When I first started the game up I was stoked that I was playing another AC, but then the bugs started. Immediately, I was thinking OMG this **** again.

I'm not talking about the storyline or missions here because I couldn't enjoy them, it's the bugs that have yet again ruined another Ubi title for me. The reason why Iím more annoyed this time is because this is Ubi's 4th AC game. Honestly, from a quality perspective, what a disgrace it is. Its full of bugs that have been with the franchise from the beginning which to me is unacceptable.

Multiplayer

I'm not talking about the RDM here. I honestly donít care about that.

Standing in blends was frustrating to say the least in ACB. When I played the Beta the first thing I did was stand in a blend group to see how fast my persona would start animations. I was pleased to see that my persona started the blend animations as soon as I entered the blend which was nice and smooth, but why in the full games of ACR has the blends messed up again? You're persona faces the wrong way, doesn't do the animations or sometimes both. If the blend spots were an issue in the Beta I would never of bought ACR.

No stun prompt, sounds familiar

It doesn't bother me as much, but the Chase breaker kill is still there

Stun & kill animation loop

Poison stealers. Now that you have decided to split teams up, good look to these who use poison. Ubi, once a target is poisoned our teams mates shouldnít be able to kill them. I thought you might of learnt from that, but its seems you've made it worse by forcing me to play with randoms.

Matchmaking doesnít work with friends.

When the game decides to hang. Theres times when you have to dashboard because you can't back out of a lobby.

From time to time abilities literally donít work. At least in ACB they worked every time.
I was in a walking blend & hit Morph, nothing happened except my cool down kicks in. The same thing happened with teleport which could do with a buff.

I SB one guy & it was clear as day that he was caught in it so I walked over muted him & what happens. I still got killed.

I've played almost 10 hours. No BS, I havenít played with a full team on both sides more than a few times. Where's all the players?

I forgot to mention this.
I saw my prusuer kill the wrong target so I ran over to stun him, but he kills me straight away.

I know 1 maybe 2 of these might be down to lag, but the rest speak for themselves & i'm sure i'm going to experience more, but to sum it up, its the same old BS, but slightly worse because this is their 4th game. ACR is technically worse than ACB.

BigUrn
11-20-2011, 04:31 AM
Every game has its faults..its not easy 2 make a computer game(trust me) it takes alot of work..just be thankful you live in time where a video game is even possible

PlasticAssasin8
11-20-2011, 04:36 AM
Originally posted by BigUrn:
Every game has its faults..its not easy 2 make a computer game(trust me) it takes alot of work..just be thankful you live in time where a video game is even possible

It's hard to build a car too but you want the damn brakes to work every time all the time perfectly

W-E-S-P
11-20-2011, 04:47 AM
Originally posted by BigUrn:

I'm paying full retail price for a game thatís been going for years. If this was their 1st or 2nd AC game then I would agree with you, but seeing as it their 4th AC game I have to completely disagree with you.

You do know the same kind of things happen in a lot of other Ubi games such as Prince of Persia & that Ubi are well known for it? AC is the last game from Ubi that I will put up with, for now.

witchlordsameus
11-20-2011, 04:52 AM
I think you should try assassination mode, one game of that and you'll wonder why you even bothered to make a thread complaining about multiplayer.

ACRUINATION
11-20-2011, 05:02 AM
ive played assassination mode itd take more than one game mode to make up for its failings fail can i just add that for the last hour or so its been nothing but "we are experiencing network difficulties" sounds familiar doesnt it just you wait and see how this turns out.......

witchlordsameus
11-20-2011, 05:09 AM
Originally posted by ACRUINATION:
ive played assassination mode itd take more than one game mode to make up for its failings fail can i just add that for the last hour or so its been nothing but "we are experiencing network difficulties" sounds familiar doesnt it just you wait and see how this turns out.......

This post here is the very reason why I hate this new generation of gamers......

You guys are never happy, you complain about litterally every little thing that goes wrong and can't just be satisfied with what you have.

If you hate the game that much, just do what I did with unchartered 3...take it back to the shop. (Yes I took UC3 back because I found it didn't suit me but I didn't go running to the forums to cry about it)

W-E-S-P
11-20-2011, 05:18 AM
Originally posted by witchlordsameus:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ACRUINATION:

This post here is the very reason why I hate this new generation of gamers......

You guys are never happy, you complain about litterally every little thing that goes wrong and can't just be satisfied with what you have.

If you hate the game that much, just do what I did with unchartered 3...take it back to the shop. (Yes I took UC3 back because I found it didn't suit me but I didn't go running to the forums to cry about it) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

But if the core mechanics arenít working as they should & have carried over from the previous game people are going to be annoyed & rightly so.

Imo it's because of people like you why developers release games in such poor quality. I'm grateful for the gamers of today because they know what they want & wont accept anything less especially when you're paying £50+ for a game. I wouldn't complain if I payed the price this game is worth.

I hope more people take a stand and boycott games until the developers give us our moneys worth because I haven't got that from a developer for a long time. It aint going to happen, but one could only wish.

More to the point. This is probably as good as ACR will get. Ubi's patching history has been known to ruin games so it's not looking to good from my perspective.

witchlordsameus
11-20-2011, 05:28 AM
Originally posted by W-E-S-P:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by witchlordsameus:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ACRUINATION:

If you hate the game that much, just do what I did with unchartered 3...take it back to the shop. (Yes I took UC3 back because I found it didn't suit me but I didn't go running to the forums to cry about it) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

But if the core mechanics arenít working as they should & have carried over from the previous game people are going to be annoyed & rightly so.

Imo it's because of people like you why developers release games in such poor quality. I'm grateful for the gamers of today because they know what they want & wont accept anything less especially when you're paying £50+ for a game. I wouldn't complain if I payed the price this game is worth.

I hope more people take a stand and boycott games until the developers give us our moneys worth because I haven't got that from a developer for a long time. It aint going to happen, but one could only wish. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

They know what they want and rather than boycotting, they buy the game and shout, kick and scream about it, kinda like you are doing right now.

Here is a fact of a few things right away improved since the last AC:

1. No more olympian long jump aerial kills.

2. if you go to stun at the same time as they go to assassinate you get points for it instead of flat nothing while decreasing there score.

3. smokebombs are not as godly as they once were

4. new toys to counter those super annoying roof runners (animus hacks, caltrop traps)

5. stunning added to npcs so using decoy is really good offensively

6. being cold, calculating and ruthless like a proper assassin nets you more points, being a cod roof running kiddie nets you hardly any points.

Also core mechanics not working? Played it death this weekend and the only thing I found to be remotely buggy was relic assault and how some people were grabbing the relic and ducking through a chasebreaker without ever going near the relic.

But guess what, that's a new mode so I'd expect it to have problems.

Edit: Just thought I'd add there, I know all about boycotting as I currently boycott activision products. I refuse to buy anything from a company who's CEO is on record as calling gamers morons yet the company churns out the same game in a different box every single year.

I was also part of the l4d2 boycott movement.

W-E-S-P
11-20-2011, 05:54 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by W-E-S-P:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by witchlordsameus:

I hope more people take a stand and boycott games until the developers give us our moneys worth because I haven't got that from a developer for a long time. It aint going to happen, but one could only wish. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

They know what they want and rather than boycotting, they buy the game and shout, kick and scream about it, kinda like you are doing right now.

Here is a fact of a few things right away improved since the last AC:

1. No more olympian long jump aerial kills.

2. if you go to stun at the same time as they go to assassinate you get points for it instead of flat nothing while decreasing there score.

3. smokebombs are not as godly as they once were

4. new toys to counter those super annoying roof runners (animus hacks, caltrop traps)

5. stunning added to npcs so using decoy is really good offensively

6. being cold, calculating and ruthless like a proper assassin nets you more points, being a cod roof running kiddie nets you hardly any points.

Also core mechanics not working? Played it death this weekend and the only thing I found to be remotely buggy was relic assault and how some people were grabbing the relic and ducking through a chasebreaker without ever going near the relic.

But guess what, that's a new mode so I'd expect it to have problems. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

How am I kicking & screaming? It's not my fault that i've got a bad impression from this game & i'm just listing facts. I'm not going drop a game that i've been playing for years, but enough is enough. I will boycott the next game if I don't see an improvement just like I did with Prince of Persia. ACR SP is runied, I've almost 100% it, theres nothing they can do change my opinion just like ACB, Great story, but bugs prevented me unlocking items etc etc, just like ACR. No thanks.

1. I agree, I hated that in ACB
2. I like this also
3. True
4. I don't think adding a kill/death streak is a good idea, its not COD although it feels like it at times.
5. I also like
6 I've never been beat by a roofer so this isn't an issue.

I'm not going to deny that they've made a couple of good improvements such as no stun locking(the best)but even with my most hated thing about AC MPe has gone the the pros are still shadowed by the cons.

Then have a read of what i've experienced. Just because you haven't had any problems this weekend doesn't mean that the game is fine because lets face it it's not

But guess what. I'm not referring to this mode because I don't play it http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

ACRUINATION
11-20-2011, 06:01 AM
ive played assassination mode itd take more than one game mode to make up for its failings fail can i just add that for the last hour or so its been nothing but "we are experiencing network difficulties" sounds familiar doesnt it just you wait and see how this turns out....... This post here is the very reason why I hate this new generation of gamers......

so you think we should put up with an assassination game that doesnt give you assassination contracts for minutes on end? (in a game with a ten min limit)

server errors that mean you cant actually play the game and game modes that we used to play for hrs on end rendered unpopular to the point its hard to get a game?

well sorry but id rather let ubi know wot i think and maybe we wont have to take it back because we might get a patch to fix the bugs in the game

considering everything thats happening now happened in the previous installment theres no excuse for it you might put up with it without complaining but im not that much of a doormat

witchlordsameus
11-20-2011, 06:18 AM
ive played assassination mode itd take more than one game mode to make up for its failings fail can i just add that for the last hour or so its been nothing but "we are experiencing network difficulties" sounds familiar doesnt it just you wait and see how this turns out....... This post here is the very reason why I hate this new generation of gamers......

so you think we should put up with an assassination game that doesnt give you assassination contracts for minutes on end? (in a game with a ten min limit)

server errors that mean you cant actually play the game and game modes that we used to play for hrs on end rendered unpopular to the point its hard to get a game?

well sorry but id rather let ubi know wot i think and maybe we wont have to take it back because we might get a patch to fix the bugs in the game

considering everything thats happening now happened in the previous installment theres no excuse for it you might put up with it without complaining but im not that much of a doormat </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm not complaining because I haven't experienced any issues that have kept me from playing, for instance if you are refering to the chase breaker kill, there is utterly nothing they can do about that outside of disabling assassinate and stun when near a chase breaker (this is a client to client latency issue, not a server issue) guess how popular that would be.

Yes manhunt was made unpopular because lets be honest, the new modes are a lot more fun than what is essentially a zerg fest.

The assassination contract cycling thing, again this is more of the client to client issues, you can region lock if you want the best latency experience, other than that you might want to consider having a word with your isp if you are having that much of an issue with it.

Afterall, what you are really asking ubisoft to do here is the impossible, you are effectively asking them to eliminate all lag related issues from the internet.

ACRUINATION
11-20-2011, 06:31 AM
ROTFL if youre trying to blame it all on my connection get lost weve heard all this before on ACB and then ubi came out and admitted it was their end responsible and its the same problems as then

my nat is open and the connection says good so fail

this has nothing to do with gamers being whiny and everything to do with us trying to get our issues resolved btw those are only some of the issues you only have to look through the threads to see 20 or so more

manhunt is not less popular because other game modes are more popular i have never once seen the team modes in green its always 'moderate activity' (where as before it was hard not to get a full game) people simply stopped playing because they didnt like it anymore

witchlordsameus
11-20-2011, 06:38 AM
ROTFL if youre trying to blame it all on my connection get lost weve heard all this before on ACB and then ubi came out and admitted it was their end responsible and its the same problems as then

my nat is open and the connection says good so fail

this has nothing to do with gamers being whiny and everything to do with us trying to get our issues resolved btw those are only some of the issues you only have to look through the threads to see 20 or so more

manhunt is not less popular because other game modes are more popular i have never once seen the team modes in green its always 'moderate activity' (where as before it was hard not to get a full game) people simply stopped playing because they didnt like it anymore

OH, you're one of those doomsayers that predicts raptures and stuff! I should have known!

And yes it is you, you are running on open region therefore you are likely playing with people half way across the globe and creating latency problems...FOR YOURSELF!

obviously you have utterly no intentions of actually listening to any advice or counter-argument so I'll take my leave of this thread and leave you to your own deluded fantasy...2012 is coming soon you know!

ACRUINATION
11-20-2011, 07:05 AM
what raptures are you on about im talking about the game its not my connection it runs fine with every other game i play only this one is giving me problems coincidence i dont believe there is such a thing and if it were just me id be the only one saying it but im not

MR-SMITH1994
11-20-2011, 07:25 AM
sigh yet another one of those threads

http://images.cheezburger.com/completestore/2009/6/11/128892255689128559.jpg

Gapi x3
11-20-2011, 09:09 AM
honestly i don't know if you have pirated versions of the game or what but for some reasons I have NO bugs.

Serrachio
11-20-2011, 09:14 AM
Originally posted by gpolenik1:
honestly i don't know if you have pirated versions of the game or what but for some reasons I have NO bugs.
You may be a lucky person, or you just may not know what to look out for.

daddychinn
11-20-2011, 10:18 AM
If I could get my full money worth back, I would return it. But unfortunately you cant with games. I like the game itself, I really do. I dont really like the rdm or the stun range and alot of the things people have been complaining about on here. But I can and have adapted to that and in doing so I normally win all my matches. So if I like all the game, why would I return it you ask? Matchmaking... I dont like the fact that if I try to start a team game with a few friends, it never puts us in a game. We all run an open NAT type so that isnt the problem. The only way we have been able to get a game together is for one of us to go into a game solo, and the rest join thru the friends list. And on the off chance we do happen to join into a game as a party, why does it split us up every time? I understand they want to make the teams even, but why would I join in with my friends just to play against them? if I wanted to play against them i would join a ffa match with them. I loved acb for the team modes, for the brotherhood itself so to speak. I miss playing with my friends. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/bigtears.gif

Cymen90
11-20-2011, 06:14 PM
Originally posted by MrKnox122:
cheese?

http://i171.photobucket.com/albums/u299/Maxmaz/anitasearchesbb5.gif
for his whine.
get it?