PDA

View Full Version : Requested Stoked forum



Rebel4Liberty
10-08-2008, 05:41 PM
Ok since this seems to be creating strife here and resentment I've requested Bongfish to have its own Stoked forums on both Xbox forums and for Destineer to have its own message board/forum as well. When this is done NO MORE STOKED INFO WILL BE POSTED HERE! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/halo.gif

P-DRIZZL3
10-08-2008, 05:50 PM
Originally posted by Rebel4Liberty:
Ok since this seems to be creating strife here and resentment I've requested Bongfish to have its own Stoked forums on both Xbox forums and for Destineer to have its own message board/forum as well. When this is done NO MORE STOKED INFO WILL BE POSTED HERE! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/halo.gif hahha dude its alright, I was wondering myself why the Stoked website hasn't had anything change on it for a long time, I sent them an email at Destineer and they promptly said "just look at the website" and its only the trailer and the option of downloading the trailer

Rebel4Liberty
10-08-2008, 06:10 PM
Well you make a good point and its getting close to time where they need to have their own message board anyway. It is Ubi soft brands here and I don't want to come across has some kind of spammer. I have only intended to say "LOOK here is another snowboarding game that looks like AMPED 1 coming along with SWSB" (which I already preordered in aug before I know of Stoked) not to be some advertiser for the Stoked name. Just trying to respect Ubi and people that are tired of seeing Stoked info here

P-DRIZZL3
10-08-2008, 06:31 PM
Originally posted by Rebel4Liberty:
Well you make a good point and its getting close to time where they need to have their own message board anyway. It is Ubi soft brands here and I don't want to come across has some kind of spammer. I have only intended to say "LOOK here is another snowboarding game that looks like AMPED 1 coming along with SWSB" (which I already preordered in aug before I know of Stoked) not to be some advertiser for the Stoked name. Just trying to respect Ubi and people that are tired of seeing Stoked info here I agree, I guess maybe the reason Stoked doesn't have forums and stuff like that is that it is made be relatively small companies who would benefit by saving money on forums until the grow larger? Just a thought

Rebel4Liberty
10-08-2008, 07:35 PM
Your right, drizz they are probably going to try to wait to see what the turn out is going to be and EVERY company has to start somewhere. Ubi I think Rayman is what got them off and running and Activision has to be the TH series that kick starts them. So this is not to BASH SWSB and I'm sure this about as likely as winning the lottery IMO...

BUT if Stoked turns out to be the real head turner this will KICK START Destineer AND unfortunately be OUCH STUN for Ubi http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/blink.gif SWSB is going to be fantastic that I know but only 1 will be the stick out from the rest OR both could be nearly equal. Kinda trying to say its sorta like RPG's Square Soft with the infamous Final Fantasy VS Namco's Tales series and obviously BOTH are long running series now BUT every time the FF garners the attention and popularity in that genre.

We will only know when sites do their reviews as well as the players which title ends up being the most popular of Stoked and SWSB after release with time. So just saying if underdog beats notoriety this is going to be a shock BUT if notoriety does beat the underdog means its not the underdogs time to rise up and experience is the victor. I think you will agree and this is fact too EVERY COMPANY eventually finds a game title that makes them climb the ranks of fame in the game industry http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/winky.gif

P-DRIZZL3
10-08-2008, 07:46 PM
Originally posted by Rebel4Liberty:
Your right, drizz they are probably going to try to wait to see what the turn out is going to be and EVERY company has to start somewhere. Ubi I think Rayman is what got them off and running and Activision has to be the TH series that kick starts them. So this is not to BASH SWSB and I'm sure this about as likely as winning the lottery IMO...

BUT if Stoked turns out to be the real head turner this will KICK START Destineer AND unfortunately be OUCH STUN for Ubi http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/blink.gif SWSB is going to be fantastic that I know but only 1 will be the stick out from the rest OR both could be nearly equal. Kinda trying to say its sorta like RPG's Square Soft with the infamous Final Fantasy VS Namco's Tales series and obviously BOTH are long running series now BUT every time the FF garners the attention and popularity in that genre.

We will only know when sites do their reviews as well as the players which title ends up being the most popular of Stoked and SWSB after release with time. So just saying if underdog beats notoriety this is going to be a shock BUT if notoriety does beat the underdog means its not the underdogs time to rise up. I think you will agree and this is fact too EVERY COMPANY eventually finds a game title that makes them climb the ranks of fame in the game industry http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/winky.gif yeah man, I have no doubt that the ideas they have already talked about (like the changing snow conditions) will be a standard for future snowboarding games, hopefully, because that really sounds like a cool idea, I just hope the helicopter flying part will be difficult, like actually flying a heli

Rebel4Liberty
10-08-2008, 07:56 PM
[/QUOTE], I just hope the helicopter flying part will be difficult, like actually flying a heli[/QUOTE]


Heh well I don't think it will be easy but not so hard that it becomes a flight simulator, although would be kinda neat to really fly the huey and if you mess up ya end up crashing into the side of the mtn from error lol

P-DRIZZL3
10-09-2008, 04:16 AM
Originally posted by Rebel4Liberty:
, I just hope the helicopter flying part will be difficult, like actually flying a heli[/QUOTE]


Heh well I don't think it will be easy but not so hard that it becomes a flight simulator, although would be kinda neat to really fly the huey and if you mess up ya end up crashing into the side of the mtn from error lol[/QUOTE]hahah yeah, true, its may be a little much for most people to handle, like stalling out and that stuff, but you would almost need a PS3 and 360 flight stiuck to really pull that one off, hahah http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif

Rebel4Liberty
10-09-2008, 08:36 AM
Drizz, you said you contacted Destineer but which dept actually gave ya a reply back. I tired once to support and got nothing or could ya PM me the person's email who sent you a reply back. Thanks