PDA

View Full Version : Best rifle?

Sevenz24
08-24-2007, 11:07 AM
Hello everyone, I am having a hard time finding out what is the best rifle to use? I am always a rifleman and want to know the BEST one to choose.

Also you could add the BEST one in grenadier, marksman and auto rifleman.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

MeanMF
08-24-2007, 11:27 AM
There is no "best" weapon in the game. Some are better than others, but what you choose really depends on the map and your playing style. Check www.ick.bz (http://www.ick.bz) for a complete list of weapons and how they perform.

Sevenz24
08-24-2007, 12:54 PM
thank you

ubermoob
08-25-2007, 09:56 PM
From my experience I will offer my preferences.

For large maps I use either the Rx4 SD or the MR-C if I need more ammo and I'm not worried about being quiet.
For small maps I use the M468-SD or if I am not concerned with the noise level I might use a FAMAS or M556.

4x double zoom scopes are great for large maps and even small maps if you really want a higher level of precision but they can often pose problems in smaller maps when you might want/need to raise and lower your scope faster .

Other tidbits ..the SCAR-H-SV and MK14EBR are the most powerful rifles but best used on single shot as they become highly inaccurate when used on auto.
The MR-C has the biggest clip,one of the highest rates of fire and it has the least recoil and fastest recovery of all the rifles.

There are many good rifles in GRAW 2 . I would avoid the Cx4(SD),AK variants and the T-95 but other than that I have used and liked every other rifle.

Sniper rifles SR-AS50 if I want to kill them first shot no matter what and the KJY-88 if I just want to waste a whole clip on each foe.
If I want silenced its the SR-25 SD or the VSK-50.

SAW's either the MK48 for its accuracy and high ROF or the AS56 SAW for its accuracy and lower ROF.
There is also the option of using the MR-C instead of a SAW since it has a 50 round clip and it gives the advantage of a scope if you need one.

As for grenadier weapons well I never use them so your guess is as good as mine http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif

KutBokito
08-26-2007, 03:35 AM
I use these weapons for each class:

Rifleman: SA-80
Grenadier: SA-80 / M320
Automatic Rifleman: AS50 SAW
Marksman: M107 Sniper

ubermoob
08-26-2007, 06:55 AM
Automatic Rifleman: AS50 SAW
http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/blink.gif http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_confused.gif You mean the AS56 SAW ?

Jermtheory
08-26-2007, 12:33 PM
i still like the Rx4 on semi-auto(or the suppressed version on full-auto).

best scope by far imo(red dot obstructs view and sniper scope are usually overkill),and i like the Rx4 better on semi-auto than the heavy SCAR or MK14EBR due to accuracy and stabilization issue's.

sometimes i go with the SR-25SD.

Used_Gamertag
08-26-2007, 03:26 PM
I still have a little trouble knowing the names of the guns but I always choose the automatic rifleman weapon that you press down from the default one you choose from. It has 100 rounds per magaziene and it has 8 magazienes. It's also HIGHLY accurate as long as you're in the automatic rifleman class. Too bad I dont know the name of it though.

OUT FOX EM
08-26-2007, 03:49 PM
I'm surprised no one mentioned the SCAR-L CQC. It's a little underpowered, but it's silent and accurate in full auto.

MR-C is a good weapon, but it's also very weak and gets extremely wild at distance when fired in full auto. I like it for when I might need to put a ****load of bullets into the base, but might also have to shoot someone at distance.

The loud M468 is a beast. If you don't kill them, you should at least put 'em down. Reload and finish the job. It works great in close combat, and its rate of fire is just plain nasty.

Originally posted by Jermtheory:
i still like the Rx4 on semi-auto(or the suppressed version on full-auto).

best scope by far imo(red dot obstructs view and sniper scope are usually overkill),and i like the Rx4 better on semi-auto than the heavy SCAR or MK14EBR due to accuracy and stabilization issue's.

sometimes i go with the SR-25SD.

I know what you mean about the red dot scope obstructing your view. How many times did someone pop their head up over the hill on the Gulch, and I couldn't see it because of that damned red dot? Well... ever since I started playing on my LCD computer monitor, that problem is gone. No more obstructions for me! You definitely gotta try it out sometime. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Jermtheory
08-26-2007, 04:04 PM
yeah,i dont know how many times i would see the tip of a head/elbow/foot/etc pop out...try to get a bead and the red dot blocks my view of it.

i like the precision of the cross hair alot better.

im playing on a 52" hdtv....although it's crt rear projection.

getting a new lcd for christmas(minimum 46"). http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/partyhat.gif

researching contrast ratio's and response times atm.

paganpenguin
08-27-2007, 02:16 AM
Although not verse in many of the weapons listed, I currently favour the Rx4 Storm SD on most maps. It would suit my gameplay if I was any good at playing http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

In GRAW 1 I was always an Auto Rifleman but when trying to make the transition to GRAW 2 as an AR, I found vast differences in the accuracy. This meant that even a close ranges, a barn door was extemely safe when opposed by me http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

MiddyMan
08-27-2007, 09:10 PM
I like the M468 SD

ubermoob
08-31-2007, 05:28 PM
I'm surprised no one mentioned the SCAR-L CQC. It's a little underpowered, but it's silent and accurate in full auto

Yeah, it's pretty sick on semi-auto too. As you said it is a little less powerful than several of the other rifles but that also allows the weapon to be more accurate. The first time I played Aral Sea I used a SCAR-L-CQC on semi auto and I was straight up owning with it. You can put round after round in rapid succession into the same target with the SCAR-L-CQC on semi auto. There is almost no recoil whatsoever .

Admiral_Boots
09-01-2007, 05:27 PM
Originally posted by OUTFOXEM:
MR-C is a good weapon, but it's also very weak and gets extremely wild at distance when fired in full auto.

It's no less powerful than the SCAR-LCQC per bullet, but at 900 RPMs the MR-C puts out more damage more quickly than any other assault rifle except the FAMAS and M468 (and perhaps the Mk14).

The MR-C also has LESS recoil than almost every other assault rifle per bullet, and that factor combined with the high rate of fire and the 4x scope make the MR-C the best performing assault rifle in the game. In other words, it doesn't get wild at all in full auto at distance. In fact, it absolutely excels in that area. Only the silenced assault rifles can match the low recoil of the MR-C.

OUT FOX EM
09-01-2007, 05:49 PM
Originally posted by Admiral_Boots:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by OUTFOXEM:
MR-C is a good weapon, but it's also very weak and gets extremely wild at distance when fired in full auto.

It's no less powerful than the SCAR-LCQC per bullet, but at 900 RPMs the MR-C puts out more damage more quickly than any other assault rifle except the FAMAS and M468 (and perhaps the Mk14).

The MR-C also has LESS recoil than almost every other assault rifle per bullet, and that factor combined with the high rate of fire and the 4x scope make the MR-C the best performing assault rifle in the game. In other words, it doesn't get wild at all in full auto at distance. In fact, it absolutely excels in that area. Only the silenced assault rifles can match the low recoil of the MR-C. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It doesn't look like we're playing the same game then. The MR-C is ridiculously wild in full auto at long range, and its only saving grace is its 50 bullets. Regarding stopping power, it's no more or less powerful than the SCAR-L CQC, and that's my point exactly. All suppressed guns in this game are less powerful to balance out the fact that they're suppressed. The MR-C is way too weak for being a loud weapon, but again, that's because it has 50 bullets.

I'm not sure where you get your "facts" from, but don't take my word for it. Ask anyone who's actually used every rifle in the game, because I'm not so sure you have. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_confused.gif

Cons72
09-01-2007, 05:55 PM
Well, the MR-C is a "quiet" loud weapon. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif

OUT FOX EM
09-01-2007, 06:01 PM
Originally posted by Cons72:
Well, the MR-C is a "quiet" loud weapon. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif

http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/59.gif

Admiral_Boots
09-02-2007, 11:00 AM
It doesn't look like we're playing the same game then. The MR-C is ridiculously wild in full auto at long range, and its only saving grace is its 50 bullets.

Simply not true. It is no more "wild" on auto-fire per bullet than any other assault rifle except the SCAR-LCQC, and it is in fact less "wild" than any other unsilenced assault rifle. Its bursts are simply tighter.

Regarding stopping power, it's no more or less powerful than the SCAR-L CQC, and that's my point exactly. All suppressed guns in this game are less powerful to balance out the fact that they're suppressed.

But which of the silenced assault rifles can even come close the 900 RPMs? Not a one of them.

I'm not sure where you get your "facts" from, but don't take my word for it. Ask anyone who's actually used every rifle in the game, because I'm not so sure you have. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_confused.gif

You sound confused, that's for sure.

Maybe you don't know, but I am one of the guys who tests all of the guns in GR games to provide info to players.

If you still don't believe me, then do this: Fire a two-round burst from the MR-C, then fire a two-round burst from the M468. Notice how the burst from the MR-C not only has less recoil, but that it recovers from that recoil faster. Now do a 3-round burst from each gun. Same thing, only the difference becomes highlighted even more.

You can then compare other guns with the MR-C in this same fashion, and you can compare larger-sized bursts as well. There is absolutely no doubt that the MR-C has less recoil than any of the non-silenced assault rifles. It's bursts are simply sick, and more than enough to kill, even at what would be long range for an assault rifle.

Usually, when a gun has a higher rate of fire, there is more "perceived recoil", because there is less time in between rounds for recoil recovery (FAMAS, for example). Not the case with the MR-C... Despite the fact that it fires at 900 RPMs, it STILL has low recoil, and it is a very light gun that is quick to aim and recover anyway. You just have to take into account how many rounds it is putting out there when you fire. You may see a lot of recoil, but if you look at your ammo, you realize that it just puts out a ton of rounds very quickly (15 per second).

Stopping a quickly-moving target at range is easier with MR-C, because the bullets from the MR-C are closer together in time (900 RPMs, remember), and because it typically requires more than one bullet to take down a target anyway, regardless of which assault rifle you are using. Just think of the MR-C's first two-rounds as one bullet, since they are so close together in space and time, and you will find that no other assault rifle puts out rounds closer together in space with the exception of the SCAR-LCQC (and the A4, although it is restricted to semi-auto and 3-round burst).

If all that is not enough, the 900 RPMs from the MR-C more than makes up for the lower-damage rounds when compared side-by-side with other assault rifles.

Using Ick's damage per bullet data, the damage per time factors are as follows (just listed are data for the assault rifles, in damage per minute):

FAMAS: 660.71
MR-C: 600.00
M468: 588.46
Rx4: 553.85
M468 SD: 546.43
M-556: 546.43
36K: 546.43
SCAR-L: 546.43
Rx4 SD: 514.29
SACR-LCQC: 510.00
SA-80: 500.00
AG-A3: 485.71

These numbers showed us what we already suspected beforehand, that the MR-C can dish out more damage faster than almost any other gun in the game. There is a problem, though, in that Ick's damage data seems to be a bit off. In fact, after many tests it seems that there are only a few damage "tiers", and that the MR-C, SCAR-LCQC, M468 SD, and Rx4 SD all do the same damage per bullet, the non-silenced 5.56 mm guns are on the next tier up, and the non-silenced 6.8 mm guns are on the next tier, if you will.

The practical effect of this difference is that the MR-C does even more damage per minute in comparison with the other guns than the data above shows. Since its recoil is still on par with the silenced assault rifles, and because it fires so much faster, it easily out-performs just about all of the assault rifles.

Of its closest competitors damage-wise, the FAMAS has much more recoil, so hitting those more distant targets with more than one round from a burst is a lot less likely than with the MR-C. Up close the FAMAS may be better, dishing out damage more quickly, but it also unloads its entire clip in less than 2 seconds, which to some might be a serious downside. The M468 is closer to the MR-C with respect to recoil and recovery, so its bursts at range are more comparable, and up close it may in fact be slightly better, since its first bullet will do more damage (if you are good with your first shot, that is), but the practical performance difference between these two is negligible. The M468 does more damage per bullet, but the MR-C actually does more damage per time, meaning that while the 468 is putting out 4 rounds with reasonable accuracy, the MR-C is putting out about five rounds with about the same accuracy, which more than makes up for the damage difference per bullet.

The MR-C and the M468 are easily the two best-performing assault rifles in the game, without question. The thing is, the MR-C has a nicer scope and a much larger clip, which to many might give it the edge.

OUT FOX EM
09-02-2007, 02:44 PM
Well if you're using Ick's information, maybe you should start with his chart. Just in case you're having trouble, I'll highlight some stuff in yellow for you:

http://members.cox.net/5.0/MR-C_1.JPG

If the so-called "best performing rifle" deals out "more damage per minute" (whatever the hell that means), then why does it take THREE TIMES as many bullets to destroy a car than any other rifle (except the AK and the SCAR-L CQC, which I've already stated was underpowered)? Why does it have the highest average number of shots to kill the enemy? Why does it take the most shots to destroy the drone? Why is the MR-C the only assault rifle (except the SCAR-L CQC, of course) that's highlighted red (aka "worst in class") under "Stopping Power"??? IT'S WEAK! And if that's STILL too much for you to understand, then look at the bullet size (5.56x25mm). It has the smallest bullets of all the rifles (except the submachine guns of course), yet deals "more damage"? Are you kidding me? If you're the one who does the testing, then that's a scary thought.

Now on to the accuracy...

You told me to use a two round burst as an example of its accuracy. Now why I would do that when we were discussing full-auto accuracy is beyond me, but whatever. Using your boy Ick for data again, he lists the hit probability after the first round while firing it in full-auto (that's been highlighted in yellow for you too):

http://members.cox.net/5.0/MR-C_2.JPG

Once again, surprise surprise, the MR-C is terrible. In fact, the only gun that's worse is the AK! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif Now that's only at 11 meters. Imagine how wild it is at 30+. The gun is wild. Get over it.

The funny part about all this is I didn't need a chart to figure all this out. It's very easy to see by simply playing the game. If you think the MR-C has low recoil and is accurate, fine. But when I'm lighting you up with any other gun from afar then don't throw your controller. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

Admiral_Boots
09-02-2007, 06:23 PM
If the so-called "best performing rifle" deals out "more damage per minute" (whatever the hell that means),

It means over time. Ever heard of RPMs? None of these guns can really fire 900 rounds in a minute, BUT the rate of fire of the MR-C is 900 rounds PER minute.

(I feel like I'm teaching a Firearms 101 class, hehe)

We could talk seconds instead of minutes, if that would make you more comfortable....

MR-C: 15 rounds per second.
M468, and most others: ~12 rounds/second.

then why does it take THREE TIMES as many bullets to destroy a car than any other rifle

Because vehicle damage and personnel damage simply do not relate. You can obviously kill with small bullets, but some have no effect on vehicles whatsoever.

It has the smallest bullets of all the rifles (except the submachine guns of course), yet deals "more damage"? Are you kidding me?

Simply looking at the size of a bullet definitely does not tell you how much damage it does. A 5.56mm round (which the MR-C fires, albeit a caseless version, hence the difference in measured length) in reality will often do as much or more damage to the human body than the 7.62mm, because the 5.56mm tumbles when it enters the body, changing direction and creating horrific wounds. The 7.62mm, on the other hand, usually just blows right straight through. This is why the U.S military switched to the 5.56mm round back in the day, for the potential for greater damage to internal organs. Yet, just as in this game, the 7.62mm does considerably more damage to vehicles than does the 5.56mm. It's simply a matter of physics, and the game designers in this case took some of those ideas into account. A simple look at the vehicle damage ratios should make that really obvious.

Now on to the accuracy...

You told me to use a two round burst as an example of its accuracy. Now why I would do that when we were discussing full-auto accuracy is beyond me, but whatever.

Because bursts allow you to measure recoil, and the distance of each subsequent round from the center. I always use full auto, but I am bursting all the time nonetheless, just doing it manually. Kills come down to how quick your first two, or three, or four bullets get to the target, so only makes sense to measure recoil by measuring bursts (e.g. how much recoil for 5 rounds from a FAMAS vs. 5 rounds from a M468, etc.).

Using your boy Ick for data again, he lists the hit probability after the first round while firing it in full-auto

As I said before, that data is incomplete, and will mislead you. Notice the little question marks next to the damage values? Those are estimates, and real data with sufficient sample sizes have never been posted.

Once again, surprise surprise, the MR-C is terrible. In fact, the only gun that's worse is the AK! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif Now that's only at 11 meters. Imagine how wild it is at 30+. The gun is wild. Get over it.

Sorry but that data isn't even all there. You obviously have no understanding of science or math, but when most of the MR-C's competitors don't even have data shown for that category (!), that should have been a real big clue that you can't really make comparisons with that part of the table. It looks about the same as the 36K, SA-80, etc., to be expected, but as I said the real values have never been determined, and those are at most very rough estimates. I can tell you that at least some of them are definitely off.

Another obvious flaw is that the data was only measured against stationary targets. Moving targets are much harder to hit, and guns with high RPM's put their rounds out closer in time, so the higher the RPMs the better, as long as it maintains manageable recoil. The fact that the MR-C not only maintains equal or better recoil with all of the slower 750 RPM assault rifles per bullet (save the SCAR-LCQC and A4), but also puts those rounds out at a higher rate, means that its bullets are closer together in space AND time than any of the other assault rifles (except the A4, but that only can do three round bursts, or semi-auto). In other words, the MR-C is simply amazing, and will more easily hit a moving target with more than one round, more quickly than anything else, even at the extremes of assault rifles ranges.

Everyone I play with agrees that the MR-C is by far and away the best assault rifle in the game. So good, in fact, that our clan and our friends' clan have both banned it.

It isn't even a real gun anyway.

OUT FOX EM
09-02-2007, 06:38 PM
Oh I get it now. You use data that fits your opinion and then disregard other data that does not. I like the personal blows about my lack of education regarding math and science though. That was classy.

Anyway, have fun testing your guns. Except the MR-C of course, since it's so good you had to ban it! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif

Admiral_Boots
09-02-2007, 07:26 PM
Oh I get it now. You use data that fits your opinion and then disregard other data that does not.

No, I stated from the beginning that Ick's numbers were off, as he never really completed any of his testing, and then I explained how I dealt with it.

Anyway, have fun testing your guns. Except the MR-C of course, since it's so good you had to ban it!

We didn't have to ban it. Everyone was just using it to the point where it just got ridiculous. It is easily heads and shoulders above the rest, performance-wise, and it isn't even a real gun. I guess the designers think that in the future guns will have magically low recoil like the MR-C, especially in relation to its very impressive rate of fire.

When you take it out, you find that most of the other assault rifles balance quite well with one another. The M468 and FAMAS still match the impressive damage rate of the MR-C, but they have lesser scopes and smaller clips. More importantly, instead of having 9 or 10 guys in the room all using the MR-C, now we have 9 or 10 guys each using a different assault rifle.

I swear I have played in Headquarters games where every single person in the room was using an MR-C, like 12 or 14 guys. It was hilarious, and eventually the server crashed.

mashabe
09-02-2007, 09:37 PM
y'all spent way too much time with these posts... seriously

OUT FOX EM
09-03-2007, 02:27 AM
Originally posted by mashabe:
y'all spent way too much time with these posts... seriously

As much as I may disagree with Admiral_Boots, at least he tried to make a case. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_razz.gif But your post was garbage. Why even post?

ubermoob
09-03-2007, 06:57 PM
All suppressed guns in this game are less powerful to balance out the fact that they're suppressed. The MR-C is way too weak for being a loud weapon, but again, that's because it has 50 bullets.

I cannot speak for the intentions of the devs but to me it seems as though the suppressed rifles are less powerful because they are all using a sub sonic bullet that is drastically less powerful than the normal supersonic ammunition (kinda hard to be quiet when every bullet you fire causes a sonic boom which can be heard for great distances).

I will submit for you MR-C duelists my own experience with the MR-C. I initially disliked the weapon in GRAW 1 but after many hours of playing the game I determined that it was the best weapon in the game. I used to sit behind the fence in the junkyard at the bottom of the hill in Nowhere with a MR-C on full auto and snipe people trying to run across the road and down the hill into the top junkyard. I used 3-5 round bursts every time I encountered a target.
I do not think the gun is quite as effective as it was in GRAW 1 but it still has something of an advantage due to its rof,low recoil, and ridiculously large 50 round clip which makes it more of a SAW with a scope than a rifle.
I have found other rifles to be much more palatable in GRAW 2 and I do not use the MR-C anymore...unless I want to perform the duties of an automatic gunner while retaining the long distance accuracy afforded by a scope.

Jermtheory
09-03-2007, 07:58 PM
i thought the MR-C and SA-80 were the best weapons in GRAW.

but i dont use either in GRAW 2.mostly because ive had better luck using semi-auto(mostly with the Rx4) in GRAW 2,than i did in GRAW.

mashabe
09-03-2007, 08:06 PM
ok, sorry. m-468SD... quiet, accurate, and lethal.

Cons72
09-04-2007, 07:26 AM
Well, I have never cared for using the MR-C. Just never took a liking to it, and found other rifles worked better for me.

However, from what I have seen and read about the development of the MR-C, it seems logical that it should be outperforming the other rifles in the game. After all, that is why they are developing the platform and caseless ammo, to fire a higher rate of rounds more accurately.

The MR-C's more accurate higher rate of fire seems to be the main selling point behind the development of the technology.

Apex_602
09-04-2007, 01:19 PM
Is there a web site like www.ick.bz (http://www.ick.bz) but for PS3???

Cons72
09-04-2007, 02:06 PM
Originally posted by Apex_602:
Is there a web site like www.ick.bz (http://www.ick.bz) but for PS3???

No, but I would expect the rifles to act similarly.

Or maybe you can be the Ick of PS3. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif

LEAZY13
09-10-2007, 11:09 AM
cons 72 "P.S. There is no need to double post. You can edit your original post at any time"----thanks to the forum king. i dont know what i would do without u (LAME) by the way stop putting that stupid quote all over ""I just blew your mind, didn't I?...." ur a clown

ubermoob
09-30-2007, 05:13 AM
bump

Apaac
01-09-2008, 12:44 PM
MR-C is the best gun IMO
its speed, 50 round magazines and the 4xscope are life savers. how many times have you died because your rifle didnt have enough ammo or speed to take out two or more enemies in close proximety? its plenty accurate to boot. i honestly dont see how anyone can see enough flaws in it to entirely disregard over any other rifle in the game.

andy_hanza
01-10-2008, 12:40 PM
IMO, the M468 variants http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif FAMAS is good http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

titans5310
01-10-2008, 09:51 PM
Yeah I think the MR-C is definitely the best gun in the game. It's very accurate from far in bursts of course, low recoil, and up close packs a punch to go along with its rediculous fire rate.

I also use the FAMAS which is a very good gun as well.

getrushedaol
01-12-2008, 01:11 AM
M468 is the the best! Blow up a car with 3/4's of a clip.

MRC is faster but less knock down power.
MP5 is a beast but only for small run n gun maps or camping (no mussel flash)

Sniping M107 period!

ubermoob
01-12-2008, 11:59 AM
Rx4 SD
M-468 SD
SCAR-L-CQC--the only rifle I ever take off of semi auto

M-556 SL
SR25 SD
I never use the .50 cals anymore. It is so much more fun to use the M-556 SL since it has a 30 round clip. The SR25 SD is great too when I feel the need for stealth.

The .50's are great if you're a really talented sniper. I tend to miss more often than a really talented sniper http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif, so I like to have enough ammo to get the job done when half the enemy is running around in the open http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/784.gif

MCPL.Denning
02-12-2008, 11:26 PM
Adniral Boots, the MR-C is not that good, it will take 3-4 chest shots to take down an enemy. The M468, SCAR, and other weapons can down an emeny with 2-3. It has such little recoil because it fires the 5.56mm X 23mm low yeild round, not the NATO starard 5.56mm X 45mm round. The United States military switched to the 5.56 round because injuring an enemy cost the enemy more money and logistical support than a dead one. The 7.62 has more damage on the body and more stopping power, but more recoil, less acruacy and takes up more room in a magazine. And finaly the MR-C is not completle fictional crye systems are exparamenting with the MR-C as a possible bid on replacing the M-16/M4, or C-7/C-8 for you Canadians, but it isnt the same as it is in GRAW.

HarlequinK
02-13-2008, 04:34 AM
I just wish there was a silenced grenadier weapon with a 2x/4x acope. I like the scope, but when playing alone I want the versatility of having the grenade launcher. I play a rifleman with a grenadier weapon and either have to use a loud weapon or stick with the 3x scope.

T4C-Di3aRd
02-13-2008, 02:14 PM
Well coming from someone who knows whats what on this game i know for a fact guns varie for each person.
If your **** at shooting and just spray go MR-C
if you have a good shot and want your position unknown go M468-SD or RX4SD Storm there are other guns such as tthe SA-80 could also be usefull depending on your skill level.

yimimoto
02-13-2008, 04:27 PM
I'm not a fan of using .50 cal snipers in adversial. Way too easy. Hit them once anywhere and they are dead.

sr25 sd all the way. Go for the headshot.

Aren't .50 cal snipers made to be anti-vehicle/armor anyway? Not anti-personnel?

But also I use both SAWs often and find they are actually great at long distance with short bursts and vicious CQ full auto. Besides that I use the R x 4 storm SD.

swearengen482
02-14-2008, 08:34 AM
Well if we are talking about rifles, I think the SCAR LCQC is one of the best. I never really used suppressed weapons alot in my early GRAW2 gaming as I always thought suppressed weapons were underpowered--and even the description tells you the same, but while experimenting with all weapons I gave the SCAR LCQC a shot one day and it was amazing. There is hardly any recoil on this rifle making is very accurate even going full auto. By shooting short 2-3 round burst on this rifle is a recipe for great results on the battlefield.

OUT FOX EM
02-14-2008, 04:18 PM
Originally posted by T4C-Di3aRd:
Well coming from someone who knows whats what on this game i know for a fact guns varie for each person.
If your **** at shooting and just spray go MR-C
if you have a good shot and want your position unknown go M468-SD or RX4SD Storm there are other guns such as tthe SA-80 could also be usefull depending on your skill level.

So I'm guessing you use the MR-C? http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/59.gif

XxCH0NGxX
02-14-2008, 05:39 PM
M468-SD or SR-25-SD

OUT FOX EM
02-14-2008, 11:04 PM
Originally posted by XxCH0NGxX:
M468-SD or SR-25-SD

Station was tailor-made for the SR-25 SD.

Fugu
02-15-2008, 07:44 AM
M468SD FTW

T4C-Di3aRd
02-15-2008, 09:29 AM
M8 Carbine FTW!!
GRAW2's Biggest mistake leaving that out..

Fugu
02-15-2008, 09:41 AM
nah the silent sniper from summit strike should have been in all the games

kpimpin04
02-29-2008, 09:45 AM
when using assault i take the famas anyday

AegisPaedrick
07-10-2008, 01:07 PM
I use the Rx4 Storm on single shot with my default class set to marksman. It's accurate enough with a pretty decent scope to be able to stand up to pesky snipers (though obviously you don't want to go toe to toe with a sniper that's any good, though those aren't what you usually run into, but if you're getting pinned down it's handy).

The main benefit to this naturally is not anti sniper, it'ss going against full auto guys at a distance. You've got the clear advantage in that if you land 2 shots you're dropping them. Their spraying from a distance proves so much less effective than the storm on single shot if you're a marksman default. And you have the ability to switch to full auto for close quarters combat.

Obviously, not the only gun you can do this with but I've always favored the storm and with single shot and a marksman class default (for the accuracy bonus) it's my favorite.

SASIncrement
07-11-2008, 04:16 AM
Hum, since I mainly play team-based sessions like Team Elimination and Siege I mind my surroundings.

I rarely give away my position with fire indicator so my choice is naturally the M468SD.
It's very accurate 'n got that 6.8x43mm ammo, very powerful without the suppressor as well.
Example:
Shoot 20 rounds in a car window, now you prepped it as an explosive device.
What I'm I talking about?
Sit back and lick your wounds,
once a Tango comes up 'n takes cover behind the car or passes it,
switch to single fire,
fire at the window, double tap:
BOOM! Tango down!

In comparison:
With the MR-C you can shoot all 50 rounds in a vehicle window, nothing.
Then again the MR-C, having those 50 rounds got its benefits when taking out multiple targets in CQC, Close Quarter Combat.

Smaller maps like Aftermath, Rooftops, or Boneyard I run 'n Gun as [A]
go for the awesome painkiller MK48 LMG (7.62) ammo,
bites harder than the SAW with (5.56) ammo.

And when I'm a slithering camper pamper I go for the SR25SD or the VSK-50.
If I'm on constant move I go for the 50 Caliber (12.7x99) the M107 (ten rounds) or the SR AS50 (5 rounds) more accurate than the M107.
Either way, one hit instead death.

Finally Grenadier little experience on [G] in Campaign mode.
If you wanna go full booms the obvious choice would be the M32MGL.
Aim just above the head 'n you should hit your target dead on.

On rare occasions when Hosts go for "No Restrictions" I found the A4/M320, three round burst do a lot of damage.
Even the M468/M320 in single fire mode causes pain.

Getcha [G] on: Increased accuracy firing Rifleman Weapons on single shots or prone,
CAUTION there's an accuracy and stabilization penalty for full auto fire.
Benefits: Better accuracy with the launchibles, more ammo and faster reload time with these Weapons.

Bare in mind the choice of weapon is very individual... what might float my boat might just rock your... uh boat... or something!

Remember to choose the right weapon category getting full benefits of your aiming [R], [A], [M] or [G].

Stockholm Island Thunder http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif

GeneralWeasel
07-11-2008, 07:50 PM
Goin old school
M14

EvlPerson
07-13-2008, 10:53 AM
Originally posted by GeneralWeasel:
Goin old school
M14

best all around gun in the game right there, use it with a marksman class, and leave it on single. kills with one shot to the chest and can compete with all but the .50cal snipers.

CrimsonThunder
07-16-2008, 08:53 PM
No disrespect to the guys with all the math and tables, but i'd rather go on actual in-combat performances. Like i loved the SA-80 in tests and co-op, but it sucked in versus games. Also the M468 in any mode seemed like a pile of ****. And the SD was no better, the scope is so bad you cant use it properly. Sure its deadly powerful but you'll be dead before your bullets hit the other guy. And as for the MRC, its lethal for the first 3 shots and then it seems to choose its own target. So good if your opponent panics easily and cant shoot straight. All round the Rx4 seems the most reliable. It'll put anyone down in 1 hit, and kill in 2. The scope is also good and the SD is equally useful depending on tactics.

The automatics a simply between AS56 and MK48, depending on whether you want consistent accuracy or full on assault standard power. Or even the M60 if you like playing rambo.

Snipers are surely the big hitters. the M107 and SR AS50 are tank busters. the SR-25 SD is ok if you fancy yourself as an assasin, but the odds are a human opponent will be hit once and then run off and leave you shooting shadows.

GeneralWeasel
07-18-2008, 02:00 PM
EvlPerson- That's ur opinion. I also think the Dragonov(Russian AK-47 Sniper Rifle) is the best

XxCH0NGxX
07-18-2008, 06:29 PM
Snipers are surely the big hitters. the M107 and SR AS50 are tank busters. the SR-25 SD is ok if you fancy yourself as an assasin, but the odds are a human opponent will be hit once and then run off and leave you shooting shadows.

I doubt a .50 round will do very much to a tank. Those are more used for takin out the engine blocks of vehicles, or penetrating walls and such.
The SR-25 is an amazing rifle. If you know how to use it right, you can take out an entire squad and never be spotted.

And you also mentioned that the SA-80, M468, MRC aren't very good....dude maybe you need to work on your aim and your skills of finding proper firing positions. I can use all 3 of those all day long and dominate. I could easily average 4 to 8 kills per match with those 3 rifles. You just have to use them right. If you lack skill, then of course they are going to suck. Hell everyone thinks the AK is a crap gun, but I can dominate with that weapon. Just gotta know how to use it. Crimson, go practice with the weapons for a few days, and you will change you mind.

CrimsonThunder
07-19-2008, 01:09 PM
XxCH0NGxX, i don't know why you're being so aggressive. Firstly when i say "tank busters", i obviously don't mean it literally, i meant it to express that the guns are just extremely powerful. And yes i do use the SR-25 and do what you said. But again i meant it to express the usage of the gun in most peoples hands, not yours or mine. Secondly, i am an extremely experienced player and i know just how good those three guns are. I just mean that they don't offer as good a kill ratio as i am used to. This doesn't mean they are bad for everyone. It's only my opinion. I thought the forums were meant to be for the whole community's opinions, not just for yours. How about you stop telling everyone what to do and assuming that you're the best player of all time and telling other people they "suck" or "lack skill", and spend more time building an open community. Overly aggressive players who "dominate" are what ruined Halo 3 for me. And yes, that is only my opinion.

XxCH0NGxX
07-20-2008, 05:35 PM
you just lack the skill to achieve high kills with those weapons. it's not the weapon, it's the shooter. You have to master a weapon before it will work well for you.

Oh and I never said you "suck".
"You just have to use them right. If you lack skill, then of course they are going to suck."

"them" "they" meaning weapons.
"lack skill" referring to the shooter.

CrimsonThunder
07-21-2008, 05:19 AM
Thank you for a much more friendly reply this time. I know what you're getting at with the fact that each gun does certainly require the user to use it correctly, and that i lack the required experience with those weapons. But perhaps we both should have been more clear in posts.

GeneralWeasel
07-21-2008, 07:46 PM
but i say, keep repeating myself sorry for saying the newest greatest gun for me is.... Skorpin

XxCH0NGxX
07-22-2008, 11:30 AM
My all time favorite weapon in the game is the AS56 SAW. I love that gun. Love it more after I saw them talk about it on future weapons. Didn't have the 100 round clip on there, but they talked about how it has the power of the M249SAW but with ability to use standard M4 mags.

GeneralWeasel
07-22-2008, 04:51 PM
k, but in GRAW2 it did have a 100 round clip until updates came

XxCH0NGxX
07-22-2008, 05:48 PM
There were no updates that changed to mag size of the AS56. It's always been 100 rounds since GRAW 2 released.

Fedaykin552
08-23-2008, 03:23 PM
I'm really suprised at how few people mentioned the Mk-14. It has a real powerful round and can take down most targets in 2 shots if your good. The only thing that kills it is the 20 round clip. If you use it as a long range rifleman you can have quite a bit of success. I personally got 99 kills in one match, i got killed when i tried to go CQB to save command post (or whatever you want to call them) and ran out of ammo in my clip.
So if you have the time to reload and don't use full auto too much you should give it a try.

If you go CQB a lot well my favorite is the AK-47. That thing will chew up anything at close range and if you use bursts it isn't bad at mid range.