PDA

View Full Version : MP Server Issue

XyZspineZyX
01-22-2008, 07:57 AM
Hi All

Just to let you all know we are aware of the issues some of you are experiencing with the multiplayer servers. This information has been fed back but sadly I don't currently have any new information for you.

If you wish to discuss the issue between yourselves or have any new information on the subject please post within this thread. If we can keep all discussion on the subject here it will make it much easier for me to track any ongoing issues.

I will update you all as soon as I have any information for you all

Night_Hawk_R6
01-22-2008, 08:55 AM
Thanks, ok then this will be the right communication channel between us the players and UBI.com.
I am sure the moderator can email or kindly ask those esponsible of the servers at least an estimate about when will be the servers running again!

Best Regards!

Lethal1940
01-22-2008, 09:01 AM
The problem is happening to every player I know, not just some of us! (You make this sound as if it is a minor issue)
The sad part is, many players have unistalled, reinstalled, changed IP addresses, completely reformatted their hard drives, and tried many other fixes because they believed this to be a problem on their end.
This is clearly an Ubisoft server issue and I have to conclude that:

1: Ubisoft doesn't have the technical people with the proper knowledge to fix this problem.
2: Ubisoft won't take the time to fix this problem!
3: Ubisoft just plain doesn't care about their player base or whether the games they produce work or not!
4: All of the above!

DeMented1949
01-22-2008, 09:28 AM
Hey, Yo! Ubisoft,

These issues have been going on now for over a week. World wide!! what up wid dat??

Come on!! All we want to do is play!

Get it fixed!

May the force be with you....

Lethal1940
01-22-2008, 10:40 AM
Demented:
These problems have been going on for at least a week???
Try at least a YEAR!!
They have just gotten worse lately!

Here are posts from Feb. 2007
http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/3801065024/m/3611027925

I was able to log in early this morning, but I have been locked out for the past 3 hours with the famous Ubisoft "Operation Failed" message ... Again!!!

You sure can't blame it on overloaded servers.
There are few servers and few players ... Last time I was able to check!

sam-carter
01-22-2008, 01:35 PM
i have rainbow six vegas had it a few months now,been playing online multiplayer since i have had it. but now after 5.00pm Uk time if i go online multiplayer game i get onto the server,then my details come up i click log in and all i get is operation failed,
i can never play after 5.00 pm
any idea please

black-delta-S
01-22-2008, 01:39 PM
when i first bought this game i must have atleast 100 hours online.
when the problems began.
and yes i also was one of those thinking it was my pc that was the problem.
well i just reinistalled it because i really wanted to play again.
same problem still going on?
what is going on.
we pay for a game we cant play?

SaberKing
01-22-2008, 04:12 PM
everyone who's getting the operation failed thing. try renewing your ip address. or changing it.

SCE_DIAMONDisis
01-22-2008, 04:33 PM
Originally posted by SaberKing:
everyone who's getting the operation failed thing. try renewing your ip address. or changing it.

One of our clan members tried that and tho it may work a couple of time's i honestly think it's random and just pure luck as it hasn't worked for anyone else.

The hours of my downtime usually start after 1pm Aussie time. Yesterday i played for around two hours and then logged out of multiplayer and logged back in to see... i was still able to get back in, but after logging out again to have some lunch, i came back and got "Operation failed". I was not able to get back in at all yesterday. I tried this morning and no problems. So i don't know but i hope this is all sorted out soon.

Thankyou for getting back to us, this thread will be easier to follow, than the other 50 all about the same topic.

Isis

SCE_LifeTaker
01-22-2008, 06:04 PM
With Vegas @ coming out I would think you would help the current customers in hopes of future sales; however you obviously don't give a rat's *** and want the quick buck. Good bye UBI. been fun

Mr.Hanky2005
01-22-2008, 06:29 PM
While I understand your frustration, you have to understand that ms-kleaneasy is doing everything she can to get your guys help with this problem. It may seems as if the information is coming slow, but the information shall come. Remember, she is in a different time zone, so be patient.

Night_Hawk_R6
01-22-2008, 06:45 PM
UBI team we want justice!

We want MP back!

Please at least give us some explanation about what has happened.

SCE_vortex
01-22-2008, 06:51 PM
Changing my IP = worked the past at least 6 times I've done it. If you have cable, %99 chance is that you will not be able to change your IP.

SCE_DIAMONDisis
01-22-2008, 09:10 PM
I have had one person tell me that he and his four friends have a quick fix too. What they do is when they get the message "Operation failed" all they do is go back and bring up LAN, when they see the screen with no LAN's they go back and try multiplayer online and generally it works, though it may take up to four goes at doing this. (maybe random, and no use at all)

I have been in contact with ms-kleaneasy and she seems to genuinely want to help, i am going to give her my full support with this ongoing situation and hope that it is resolved as quickly as possible. SCE has had issue's with servers since the new patch and this has taken a considerable lenght of time to be sorted out. Unfortunately these situations cannot be rushed let's just all pull our heads together in this thread and try to offer updated responses that may help resolve the situation.

Thankyou
Isis

SCE_Soultear
01-22-2008, 10:21 PM
Originally posted by ms-kleaneasy:
Hi All

Just to let you all know we are aware of the issues some of you are experiencing with the multiplayer servers. This information has been fed back but sadly I don't currently have any new information for you.

If you wish to discuss the issue between yourselves or have any new information on the subject please post within this thread. If we can keep all discussion on the subject here it will make it much easier for me to track any ongoing issues.

I will update you all as soon as I have any information for you all
Thanks for all your help. The server seems to be letting myself logon. Don't know about others though....?

Now any word about fixing the bug with SADS. I can be more specific on whats wrong with it, just let me know if you need the details.

SCE_DIAMONDisis
01-24-2008, 12:16 AM
Well i am not sure that it is working for everyone, but none of our members complained at all today. I didn't have any trouble getting into the servers at all.
Thanks ms-kleaneasy. I will post again tomorrow if there are any problems http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

GhostDancer
01-24-2008, 04:10 AM
I haven't been able to login for the past few hours.

GhostDancer
01-24-2008, 09:20 AM
Amazing, I got to play for 10 minutes and then... CONNECTION FAILED. This is getting ridiculous. If I upload this game back to Direct2Drive can I get a refund?

XyZspineZyX
01-24-2008, 12:12 PM
I'm glad to hear the problems seem to have lessoned for some if not all. If anyone is still experiencing problems like GhostDancer please let me know, in the meantime I'll continue to chase this and hopefully we can have this sorted out http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif

Riddas1988
01-24-2008, 12:39 PM
i select multiplayer then online and it says network connection failed i havent played one online game at all yet seriously annoying me im bored of single player is there a reason 4 this are servers down?

Static_Reaper
01-24-2008, 03:17 PM
Ah, the comments I could make, but I'll make one, get it fixed for tomorrow night! The games only a year old, if the master server can't properly support it, patch it so it doesn't need it for MP, same for RvS.

X-Fusion.uk
01-24-2008, 06:51 PM
Played fine for a few hours yesterday. Problems seem to have gone! Thanks for your assistance Ms.Kleaneasy. x]

natasha8384
01-24-2008, 09:12 PM
It seems like the problem (operation failed)is fixed. I was able to play yesterday and the day before yesterday without any problems and I'm able to play today too. Even if I get disconnected occasionally I can easily reconnect.

XyZspineZyX
01-26-2008, 09:20 AM
Excellent, glad to hear its been sorted http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

I'll unsticky this but if the situation changes just holler http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif

atomicsalsa
01-29-2008, 10:26 AM
I used to be able to play online MP fine, but recently when I try to login, it waits about 2 minutes, then pops up with a message that says "The operation was cancelled because it took too much time. please try again later."

Since this started coming up a few weeks ago, I have not been able to log on once.

Any ideas?

Grif
01-29-2008, 06:31 PM
Strange, I haven't been able to log in since the forum maintenance. Are there still some lingering issues?

Lethal1940
01-29-2008, 09:25 PM
Well, it seemed as if the problem was fixed and it has worked fine for awhile, but tonight we all got disconnected from the server and now when everyone tries to log in, we get the message "The operation was cancelled because it took too much time, please try again later."

It would be nice if we had an option to bypass Ubisofts servers!!!

Sure doesn't give us much motivation to purchase RB6 Vegas 2 .. Does it??

biff1983
02-01-2008, 02:29 PM
Once again, servers are down, we're all disconnected. Multiple European friends report the same. Fix it!

EddieDeath
02-01-2008, 02:38 PM
Xfire is down too? Either this is world war 3 or xfire and ubi are partners somehow?

XyZspineZyX
02-01-2008, 03:25 PM
I'll see what i can find out http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif

Deep-Six.
02-06-2008, 08:19 PM
Right, now I can't even log into multiplayer anymore. Says service failed to initialize, while LAN still works.

trig_kma
02-06-2008, 10:12 PM
this is ridiculous. 8-9 times in the past month the server system has gone down or was down before i logged in. unacceptable and needs to be fixed before i give ubi anymore of my money. please tell me vegas 2 wont have these issues. and why has there been no reason given for the crashes? just because it comes back up means nothing to me. i want to know why its happening and what ubi is doing to fix it/make it a non-issue in vegas 2.

Lethal1940
02-12-2008, 10:18 AM
Originally posted by ms-kleaneasy:
I'll see what i can find out http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif

Thanks for your help with this problem ms-kleaneasy!
I know this problem isn't your fault, but you are the only one we have to vent our concerns since Ubisoft doesn't respond to any problems.
I was away for a 5 days and just returned Feb. 8.
I have been able to log in and also run a server with few problems. There are still many bugs, but Ubisoft isn't going to fix those when they can charge $49.99 for Vegas 2 and get paid for their patches.
Again, we do appreciate your efforts in solving the server problems.
No recent posts here is a good sign! (at least for now)

ConsolesR4Kids
02-12-2008, 02:20 PM
I assume then by the length of time that it takes for them to fix things that UBI's employees don't have email. They must have sent a small puppy with a note tied around it's collar with a bright red ribbon.

Poor dog must have been run over by a horse and carriage.

Lethal1940
02-12-2008, 09:21 PM
Nope!! An Ai Carrier Pigeon developed by Ubisoft!!

SCE_Soultear
02-16-2008, 05:46 PM
Here we go again! Be nice to know when they just shut servers down. Scrim tonight tooo! Pretty hard when you cant logon. 10 of us are just sitting around.

Lethal1940
02-16-2008, 06:23 PM
Well, here we are again!!
I knew it was too good to be true!

Ubisoft servers went down again at 8:15 ET (Florida, USA)
Everyone I know lost connection and can't connect.

This also happened a couple of days ago but didn't last too long, so didn't report it.

Sure would be nice if UBI could find a solution that lasts more than a few day!!

On a positive note: We got to play for almost 10 minutes before the server crashed!

This sure makes me want to run right out and buy Vegas 2 as soon as it is released!

natasha8384
02-16-2008, 11:12 PM
OK, lets not waste another good weekend by not having an awake UBI employee who can restart the master server -- "The operation was canceled because it took too much time. Please try again later." The problem started about 9:45PM PST.

Hope somebody is monitoring the master server or at least this board.

natasha8384
02-16-2008, 11:16 PM
Just came back. Hopefully it stays that way.

Lethal1940
03-02-2008, 07:35 AM
The Ubisoft Master server was down all day Saturday and was still down at mid-night.
I had several players check many times during the day and night and no one could log in.

Does anyone (Mod?) know why this happens on a regular basis?

At least the server was up for nearly 2 weeks this time before it crashed.

I just checked and the server is back up, but there are now only 11 game servers running on story and hunt.
That compares to 41 just 2 nights ago!
I guess it knocked everyone off and most just gave up trying to get back on. (I know I did)

Is Ubisoft working on this issue, or do they just temporarily fix the problem as it comes up?

Will Ubisoft add new and better servers when Vegas 2 is released, or are we going to be stuck with these same old unreliable servers??

Oh! BTW! I couldn't log into the forums either Saturday to post this problem!
(Others also tried)
Might it have been by design so we couldn't post the problem, or is this server somehow connected to the Master server?

Mr.Hanky2005
03-02-2008, 08:01 AM
All of Ubisoft's servers were down yesterday. At this point, I do not know why.

Contrary to your thoughts, there is no conspiracy against you. The forums were not shut down so you could not "report the problem".

Lethal1940
03-02-2008, 08:36 AM
Thanks Mr. Hanky,
It was just a curious question since they both went down about the same time.
The forum site wouldn't come up for quite some time, and after it did, I couldn't log in.

Thanks for your response .. sure hope someone from Ubisoft finds the problem with the master server before it goes down again.

Mr.Hanky2005
03-02-2008, 09:41 AM
Nobody could log get to any Ubisoft sites for about 12 hours. A "Server not found" error appeared. Once the server was found, there was still a few errors, including being unable to log in. Don't worry, everyone had the problems, not just you http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

FMF_VENOM
03-02-2008, 05:37 PM
UBI Sucks. I cant believe the multiplayer server has been down for over 3 days now. wake up people. no wonder no one will buy UBI products anymore

Lethal1940
03-02-2008, 06:17 PM
The Ubisoft server is down again!!!!

When I try to log in I get a message "The operation was cancelled because it took too much time. Please try again later"

Sounds like a broken record!!!

Ubisoft should have a message, "The servers are down again because Ubisoft can't fix them properly. Please try again later!!! We will make another effort as soon as we get around to it!"

DeMented1949
03-02-2008, 06:18 PM
Hey!UBI, ever hear of back-up servers??
DAH!!
You want people to buy and play your games?
GET YOUR ACT TOGETHER!!!!

funkmunky80
03-07-2008, 06:10 PM
HAHAHA... I buy the game today just to play on line... my CD key gets rejected... I piss about for hours trying to fix the prob, only to see this topic... there really is no point in me trying to play this game is there? If anybody has got hamachi/LAN servers up and running gimme a shout...

Lethal1940
03-07-2008, 06:35 PM
Well, the servers have been up for 5 days now and are usually only down for a few hours when they do go down.

It is very frustrating if you are in the middle of a game and that happens though.

If you can get your game running, you will be able to play most of the time.

And maybe, by some miracle, Ubisoft will actually find a solution one day to keep their servers running or maybe even provide backup servers.
Naaaa ... that likely won't happen but we can always wish!!

Besides, if UBI fixed the servers and fixed all of the bugs in the game, we wouldn't have anything to complain about and this forum would be boring!!

XyZspineZyX
03-08-2008, 11:06 AM
I'll see what I can find out Lethal http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif

Lethal1940
03-09-2008, 12:36 PM
Thanks for your help and efforts Ms Kleaneasy! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Yesterday I helped my oldest son build a computer and installed Vegas.
Everything went fine and it even accepted the key, then we were unable to connect to Ubisofts registration server to create a new account. We tried on 4 computers and all failed, so he couldn't log in and play last night. (We tried for several hours) We also went to Ubisofts web site and tried to register there, but no luck!

We did setup a 4 player LAN and played for several hours without a problem.

This morning, he was finally able to access the server, create an account and can now login and play online. He lives 150 miles away so now we will be able to play Vegas on my online server.

Why does Ubisoft have so many problems with all of their servers on such a regular basis?

Plus there are many players in this forum with many different problems that never seem to be addressed by Ubisoft.

How hard would it be for someone from Ubisoft to take a little time and address these problems?

It would go a long way toward improving player relations and attitudes.

SCE_BltzPenguin
03-16-2008, 12:54 PM
Its down again. 15 Mar 2:30 pm EST. Is this going to be common place for Vegas 2 also?

funkmunky80
03-16-2008, 01:15 PM
Down again... 1800hrs GMT... http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

"operation cancelled because it took too much time" whenever I try to sign in...

Ubi... give me a job... I'll rebuild your servers, and judging from the amount of people complaining about them, they need it. I'm convinced I'd do a better job of maintaining them than your current technicians... I could be wrong, but I rarely am...

Lethal1940
03-16-2008, 08:24 PM
We played last night from about 7:30 EST until well after mid-night and they were running at that time.

Looks like they were up for about 2 weeks again before going down this time ... unless they were down when I wasn't on and on one here reported it.

I guess we will just have to get used to Ubisoft Server going down on a regular basis.

It seems like it happens a lot on weekends for some reason!!

The last time it was down for over 12 hours on a Saturday.

Lethal1940
03-17-2008, 04:22 PM
Just got kicked out of the master server at exactly 6:07 EST and now can't log back in.
Same old message "The operation was cancelled because it took too much time .. etc)

Called 2 other players and had them try to log in and they get the same message.

Will this problem ever be resolved???

If Ubisoft can't handle the little traffic left from Vegas, how are they going to handle the increased traffic from Vegas 2??

It sure would be nice if they could find a solution to this ever recurring nightmare!!

On a possitive note: It isn't affecting a lot of players any longer, because there aren't that many left!!

Lethal1940
03-17-2008, 04:42 PM
Well, this time the server was only down for half hour .. maybe Ubisoft is getting better at monitoring??

I checked for game servers in all game modes and there isn't 1 server showing.
I had just answered another post in another thread, and there were 43 total servers with 108 players in all modes at 6:00 PM EST at the time of that post.

Anyway the server is back up.
For how long .. who knows?

funkmunky80
03-30-2008, 08:03 PM
Servers down again, GMT 0254hrs... was playing in a game, then BAM! "You have been disconected from the server"

Tried to reconnect, but "The operation was cancelled..." yada yada yada... Why not say something more like:

<UL TYPE=SQUARE> "The operation was canelled because the stupid bloody cleaning crew have unplugged the server to do the vacuming."

"we forgot to pay the electricity bill, so you'll have to wait while we get round to sorting it out"

"We're still using windows 98... please be patient"

"Some fool spilt his brew into the server, please wait while we remove all sticky residue"

"Oh wait, we don't want you to play right now. Support personnel are watching porn, and your game was slowing it down. We will recconect yor game in a few minutes after we've wiped up the mess"
[/list]

Any other suggestions for slightly more amusing error messages???

http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif

Lethal1940
03-30-2008, 08:52 PM
This is about normal .. looks like almost 2 weeks again unless they went down and no one reported.

The really bad thing is, all dedicated game servers got dumped and most haven't been set back up as yet.

It least they didn't stay down for as long as they have many times in the past!

I saw more game servers than normal when I checked earlier today.
Do you think maybe the Ubisoft Master Server got overloaded????? http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif

funkmunky80
03-30-2008, 08:55 PM
Well I can log in again GMT 0354hrs, so they weren't down long... Not many games now though...

I wouldn't be surprised if Ubi servers did get overloaded... either that or overheated...

http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/clap.gif

X-Fusion.uk
03-30-2008, 09:35 PM
Wrong. They probably haven't upgraded from Windows 3.1 just yet. Apparently they think the newer server platforms are "too complicated". >_>

funkmunky80
03-31-2008, 07:22 PM
Originally posted by X-Fusion.uk:
Wrong. They probably haven't upgraded from Windows 3.1 just yet. Apparently they think the newer server platforms are "too complicated". >_>

Yer, that sounds about right... hell, why bother with windows 3.1 when you can just use a commodore64???

Or even better, a speccy (sinclair spectrum) The 16k one with the rubbber keys... That's why the servers always go down... it's the tape drives, someone keeps forgetting to turn the cassette over http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/53.gif

X-Fusion.uk
03-31-2008, 08:00 PM
Hahahahahah.....oh man, that made my day...

funkmunky80
03-31-2008, 09:11 PM
lol... nice one... If you're in the UK how come you're up as late as me??? http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/53.gif

Speaking of which... GMT 0413hrs... I'm off to bed http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/sleepzzz.gif ... see you in game in about six hours

X-Fusion.uk
03-31-2008, 09:45 PM
Working, unfortunately. Been up for aaaaages. Need to get this stuff done. x]

funkmunky80
04-01-2008, 04:32 AM
Gutted... no rest for the wicked eh? I've got a few weeks off work... So the GF's decided I've got to decorate the house http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/bigtears.gif

I just wanna sit down and chill for a couple of days.... you know? http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/blink.gif

funkmunky80
04-01-2008, 09:37 AM
Mods!!! Staff!!! Hellloooo?????? Any chance of you making this thread a sticky please?

SCE_Soultear
04-01-2008, 11:16 AM
You know why no one else is hosting dedicated servers. Because of UBI shutting down their **** and the dedicated text based files are pure garbage. No one wants to "baby-sit" their servers 24/7.

Vegas 2 better have better support all around. This is suppose to be a PC game and not a console one. OK?

Lethal1940
04-02-2008, 11:10 AM
1:05 PM EST (Florida USA)

Ubisoft Servers are down ......AGAIN!!!

I'm sure they go down much more often than what is reported in this forum, because most players wouldn't take the time or maybe don't know how to report!!

I just happened to be playing when they went down and kicked everyone out!!

Now we can't log in, with the famous Ubisoft message Unable to log in because it took too much time ....Etc.!!!

funkmunky80
04-02-2008, 11:10 AM
GMT 1810hrs... guess what - down again... http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/compsmash.gif

hi lethal... same time... same problem... again eh?

Anybody fancy a game of Unreal Tournament 2004? At least that always works :P

Lethal1940
04-02-2008, 12:53 PM
There should be a Sticky Thread in this PC forum with a big warning message concerning the Ubisoft server problem, and list all of the possible messages that are received when the server is down!

Many players have made changes to their game files, computers, routers, and other major changes including full re-format and new install of their OS and drivers because they think there is something wrong on their end..

Do not make changes to your game files, computer or anything else!!!

The fault is with Ubisoft and not with anything on your end!!!

Nearly 2 hours and Ubi's server is still down!! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_confused.gif

funkmunky80
04-02-2008, 01:00 PM
Just sticky this thread... When I joined these forums a few weeks ago this thread had 2/3 posts...

I've actually spent considerably more time posting in this forum, than I have playing the sodding game - because Ubi techies can't keep a game server running for more than a few days...

It'd be nice to think the dontime was while they improved/repaired things, but lets face it, they don't seem to have done anything to improve it yet...

EDIT: Well I've been trying to get back online every half hour or so... they're back up GMT 2140hrs... I've frorwarded all my ports (new ISP, neww router.. had to do it all again http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/53.gif) ... so if there's no games I'll be hosting coop something or other http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/53.gif

funkmunky80
04-02-2008, 04:20 PM
Down again????? GMT 2317hrs

Just been hosting coop story since about 2200, then my lobby emptied... about 2 minutes later I was disconnected from server... can't log back in... http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/blink.gif

I wanted to by R6V2 earlier... don't think I'll bother if it's going to be like this all the time...

Lethal1940
04-02-2008, 04:25 PM
Yep!!! Down Again!!!

I just joined a game and didn't get to the first enemy when the Ubisoft Server took a dump ..Again!!

Ubisoft???!!!! Is there ever going to be a fix for this problem????

funkmunky80
04-02-2008, 05:09 PM
And they're back up again... you reckon it's ubi's ISP???? mebbe their DNS servers keep going down... http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/clap.gif

imstreet
04-02-2008, 05:23 PM
I canĀ“t enter the online mode!!!!

funkmunky80
04-02-2008, 05:25 PM
down again after waiting 10 mins for someone to enter game... come on ubi... http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

Lethal1940
04-02-2008, 05:34 PM
Third time today!
Went down about 7:15 PM EST

I got to play for maybe 20 minutes this time.

On a possitive note:
They won't have to Sticky this thread!
With this many server crashes, this thread will stay on top!!

Lethal1940
04-02-2008, 06:19 PM
Fourth Time Today!
This time around 8:16 EST

There has to be a better way Ubisoft!!!!!

funkmunky80
04-02-2008, 06:23 PM
Got in, hosted a game... just made it to the end of the level and bang... waitin for the chopper and disconnects from server...

GMT 0120hrs...

so they managed to keep the severs up for about 20 mins???

<span class="ev_code_RED">THERE IS ANOTHER WAY!!!!</span>
If ubi would release a standalone server that worked and didn't need to connect to ubi... We'll host the servers quite happily - we do anyway... we just need to take the ubi server out of the equation...

that's it... I've had enough... I'm off to bed... early night... http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/sleepzzz.gif

funkmunky80
04-03-2008, 02:43 PM
I'll be hosting in 5 mins, IF ubi have got their servers up and running????

Coop Story, realistic, 3 respawns...

Steely973
04-03-2008, 07:09 PM
I would hope that UbiSoft would seriously reevaluate their server situation and try and at least fix it, as it sits right now Vegas (after release) doesn't even hold a candle to CoD4, and yet I find all Rainbow games far better than CoD based games. Don't get me wrong, their fun, and simple, Rainbow is for the thinking gamer.

If they bypassed the log in there could be a theft issue I understand that. BUT they have to and I mean HAVE to figure something out quickly or that companies going to hit the wall with it's customer base leaving.

http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

Legion27
04-04-2008, 07:10 AM
So I was thinking the other day about reinstalling RSV to play a little multiplayer, because I've seen this game has had a lot of patches since I last played it. But it looks like it still has some issues. Hopefully UbiSoft can fix these issues with the servers.

Lethal1940
04-04-2008, 04:23 PM
Originally posted by Legion27:
So I was thinking the other day about reinstalling RSV to play a little multiplayer, because I've seen this game has had a lot of patches since I last played it. But it looks like it still has some issues. Hopefully UbiSoft can fix these issues with the servers.

It is still fun to play, especially in Co-op ... when the Ubisoft servers are up!!
Most of the bugs and glitches can be delt with, although some people are still unable to play.

The servers are up much of the time, but it just seems that Ubisoft really doesn't care about it's player base, and never responds to issues posted here.
They could go a long way with customer relations with an occassional response to at least let us know they are aware of the many issues, and are making an attempt to do something about them.

I doubt that will happen though because nothing has been resolved in months, including the continued issues in Vegas 2!!

funkmunky80
04-05-2008, 06:54 AM
I'm hosting a story server now if anyone wants to join? realistic, 3 respawns... if you're seeing cr*p ping bob in and let me know... there's still a few tweaks I can do to my network I think...

DirtH2o
04-09-2008, 12:35 AM
Makes you wonder what vegas 2 will be like , huh!

funkmunky80
04-09-2008, 02:22 AM
Not really... if ubi can't get the first one to work properly, then I doubt if the sequel will be any better... it's just another cash cow...

Lethal1940
04-13-2008, 09:08 PM
Sunday 6:32 PM EST

Ubisofts server crashed again while we were playing and were down for about 4 hours.
We all tried to log back in, but would get "Starting Network Service" then after a short time the game would crash to desktop.

All 4 players got the same result.

We have Teamspeak so we can talk to each other to see what is going on with the server.

During that period, I wasn't able to log in or post in these forums either, although I could access them.

With Vegas 2 shipping in 2 days, this is really encouraging to see that we are in for more of the same!!

Just logged in to the master server, found a server running, played for about 10 minutes and the Ubisoft server crashed again.

It is back up again, but no servers running as yet.

Lethal1940
05-05-2008, 07:37 PM
Ubisoft Servers Crashed Again!!!! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/compsmash.gif

Monday May 5, 2008 .. 9:28 PM EST!!!

They have probably crashed more often than posted here because most players don't post when they crash!!

funkmunky80
05-31-2008, 06:04 AM
Ms-Kleaneasy... Can we have this thread re-stickied please?

Ubi servers down again... 1300hrs GMT

I logged on half an hour ago, there were only 3 servers running, which would indicate that maybe the server crashed sometime early this morning?

So as usual I started with library on realistic, high density...

About 5 mins ago, people started to drop off my server one at a time, then I got disconnected...

Can't reconnect... Wakey wakey ubisoft... you need to let your cleaners know they can't unplug anything in the server room to do the vacuuming...

http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/compsmash.gif http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/compsmash.gif http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/compsmash.gif

funkmunky80
05-31-2008, 07:40 AM
can log in again... 1440hrs GMT

funkmunky80
05-31-2008, 11:38 AM
Down again 1830hrs GMT.

Come on ubi, it's been how long now and you still can't sort it out???

Zeta-1
05-31-2008, 01:49 PM
master server down again...

KiLLz-U
06-01-2008, 05:21 AM
Originally posted by Zeta-1:

and again! its been doing it the whole weekend (on n off) lame *** ubi! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_mad.gif http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/784.gif http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/mockface.gif http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/35.gif http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/compsmash.gif http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_confused.gif http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/53.gif http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/354.gif http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/51.gif

funkmunky80
06-01-2008, 05:42 AM
Not sorted it yet ubi? Come on, pull your finger out of your arse and fix it...

Alternatively give us an update so we don't have to connect to your useless pile of kack servers anymore... Steam or Gamespy any one? (Does anybody still use gamespy?)

funkmunky80
06-01-2008, 06:33 AM
Up and running again... There's two games at the minute, and I'm hosting one of them... Will ubi be able to keep their servers running for more than 20 minutes though???

funkmunky80
06-01-2008, 07:04 AM
And again... http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/compsmash.gif

1355hrs GMT, everyone dropped off my server, then my whole system froze when I tried to quit. What the feck are you playing at ubi?

Does this tie in with the strange network activity you've been causing me?

KiLLz-U
06-01-2008, 07:15 AM
Great! I kill 2 bad guys then ---bam!
server dies http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/bigtears.gif
I just got faster service and can't even enjoy it http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_mad.gif
I bet it's all the bs axe ads?!
hey UBI-----shove the axe up your arses!
because you really stink http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/mockface.gif

funkmunky80
06-01-2008, 07:43 AM
You know what, feck it... I'm going to play a game that actually works... Where the staff of the company actually respond to the customers instead of ignoring them... Hmmmm... choices choices... prety much every game company apart from ubi... Shall I play WarRock (a FREE online shooter with more reliable servers than anything ubi ever made) or Unreal Tournament 2004 (The same game engine as most of the ubi titles, but hey it actually works without problems http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_eek.gif ) Or how about COD4... Which I don't actually own, but hey I can run down to game and buy it...

KiLLz-U
06-01-2008, 08:10 AM
It really stinks because vegas is so fun "when its working" I also got graw "which i do not care for" but, at least that was only $10 (I waited along time before buying it) Anyway, I still play swat 4 S.S. But, vegas is alot more fun.
Swat servers r still going strong, even after years! Sierra is a better company though.
Ok i'm rambling have a good day! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/353.gif

Lethal1940
06-01-2008, 11:01 AM
I gave up on Vegas so that's why you haven't seen any posts from me on the Ubisoft server going down lately.

Here is a free FPS game that looks good!
The weapons in the screen shots look better than Vegas.

Haven't played it yet, but it can't be any worse than this ... and Hey!! It's free!!!

http://combatarms.nexon.net/

http://pc.ign.com/objects/142/14255659.html

Zeta-1
06-01-2008, 11:56 AM
(WTF!?!)

KiLLz-U
06-01-2008, 05:01 PM
wow, combatarms does look very nice http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif
i will try it http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/11.gif

funkmunky80
06-02-2008, 03:56 AM
Are the servers working today? Or should I just not bother???

EDIT:

I shouldn't have bothered... "the operation was cancelled because we can't remember how to turn a server on"

Zeta-1
06-02-2008, 08:29 AM
down again...

Zeta-1
06-02-2008, 09:27 AM
and again...

ubi is your server made with lego?

Hawkeye080
06-02-2008, 11:31 AM
I am normally a decent enough chap and quite reasonable (trust me you will have to take my word for it lol). I find this reason slowly slipping away in the face of what I view as corporate SWINDLING. Stop making us pay for your incompetence and FIX this problem. I work full time. I get SOME time occasionally to chill with my friends on Teamspeak once or twice a week and what do we find when we try to log in? "Sorry we are incapable of finding our own asses with both hands" This is unnacceptable. We require you to cease procrastinating and engage your brains with the intent of making this fantastic game something other than an excercise in frustration. If I was Tom Clancy (God bless him) I would sue the living sh*t out of you for giving me a bad name with such shoddy service.

Kindest possible regards

Lethal1940
06-02-2008, 01:12 PM
As you can see by this thread, the problem with the Ubisoft master server has been ongoing for a very long time.

Maybe they figure if there are enough problems with the server everyone will buy and switch to Vegas 2.
Not a good marketing strategy!!

Zeta-1
06-02-2008, 01:27 PM
again

Hawkeye080
06-02-2008, 01:50 PM
Indeed. Any ideas O Ubi-Ones? My personal favourite (considering three of us just managed a whole 12 minutes before we got kicked from the day-release servers) is that Ubi are based in an ancient and sinister castle where Pickles, the magic poltergeist monkey, is having one of his 'special' tantrums and is rampant in the dusty cobwebbed room of wires and server thingamebobs.

Just a thought.

No point buying Vegas 2 if it gets the same low rent servers. Prove me wrong Ubisoft by fixing this one and MAYBE I'd consider investing in the sequel. Still far too much to be done on the first one for me and my pals ta very much.

Love and hugs of course.

Zeta-1
06-02-2008, 02:17 PM
again...

funkmunky80
06-02-2008, 03:53 PM
Originally posted by Zeta-1:
and again...

ubi is your server made with lego?

http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/agreepost.gif
Nice 1 Zeta... That tickled http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif

It begs the question though:

You really think they're that advanced, what about Duplo? You know, for under 5's http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/crackwhip.gif

funkmunky80
06-02-2008, 04:30 PM
Holy smeg I've managed to log on... http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_eek.gif

How long for this time? An hour? 20 minutes? 3?

Taking all bets... http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/11.gif

funkmunky80
06-02-2008, 04:46 PM
Barely managed 5 minutes online...

Joined a coop story game, flew along in the helicopter, commited suicide to let some other guy join... Suddenly... <span class="ev_code_RED">CONNECTION LOST</span>, followed by the seemingly inevitable "The operation was cancelled because we need to clean the penile juices out of our keyboard so we had to turn the server off..."

<span class="ev_code_YELLOW">STOP WATCHING PORN!!!</span>

drifter3780
06-02-2008, 06:16 PM
Originally posted by funkmunky80:
Barely managed 5 minutes online...

Joined a coop story game, flew along in the helicopter, commited suicide to let some other guy join... Suddenly... <span class="ev_code_RED">CONNECTION LOST</span>, followed by the seemingly inevitable "The operation was cancelled because we need to clean the penile juices out of our keyboard so we had to turn the server off..."

<span class="ev_code_YELLOW">STOP WATCHING PORN!!!</span>

That was me. I didn't even get a chance to thank you guys for letting me in. This sucks though, seems to be getting worse mot better. Finally just got the bugs out of my router so RV6V works good and now realize it wasn'y all my problem. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/compsmash.gif

funkmunky80
06-02-2008, 08:44 PM
Probably wasn't your problem at all... All weekend they've been like this. We had a couple of weeks pretty much trouble free, now you can hardly even log on; and when you can you lose connection after 2 minutes...

http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/compsmash.gif

funkmunky80
06-03-2008, 03:41 AM
Fanbloodytastic... Logged on, started a game, killed 2 guys and the servers crash again.

ARE YOU TRYING TO FIX THIS PROBLEM UBI???

Today I reckon you'll find me on the warrock servers...

I'm not going to bother with this POS for a while...

I won't be purchasing anything made by ubi for PC before it gets to the bargain bin in future...

Ubisoft PC games are only worth £5 at a stretch...

KiLLz-U
06-03-2008, 05:08 AM
Originally posted by KiLLz-U:
wow, combatarms does look very nice http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif
i will try it http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/11.gif

too bad they have no free keys left http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/crackwhip.gif

SLippe
06-03-2008, 05:31 PM
This whole thing is really starting to piss me off! This is about the only multiplayer game I play and sometimes, like others, I don't have a lot of time to play. It's absolutely ridiculous to spend most of our time just trying to get connected. By the way, having ports forwarded on your router doesn't do squat! At least, for me it didn't. The problems with this game is why I haven't picked up RSV2 yet. C'mon, already! Use some of that damn money we're spending on your games to get real servers! It's 2008, FFS! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_mad.gif

Poutineman
06-04-2008, 07:59 PM
How about forgetting about the whole Ubi community, and just giving us a way to direct connect on an IP? Why do publishers need us to log on there servers to play on ours???

Anyways, just send a patch with the direct IP connection in it, it has been proven to work for a decade or two...

funkmunky80
06-05-2008, 03:56 AM
Originally posted by SLippe:
This whole thing is really starting to piss me off! This is about the only multiplayer game I play and sometimes, like others, I don't have a lot of time to play. It's absolutely ridiculous to spend most of our time just trying to get connected. By the way, having ports forwarded on your router doesn't do squat! At least, for me it didn't. The problems with this game is why I haven't picked up RSV2 yet. C'mon, already! Use some of that damn money we're spending on your games to get real servers! It's 2008, FFS! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_mad.gif

http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/agreepost.gif Well said. forwarding your ports is necessary to play, but at the moment it's a waste of time as thee's no ubisoft server to connect to.

Originally posted by Poutineman:
How about forgetting about the whole Ubi community, and just giving us a way to direct connect on an IP? Why do publishers need us to log on there servers to play on ours???

Anyways, just send a patch with the direct IP connection in it, it has been proven to work for a decade or two...

http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/agreepost.gifYep... most other games have the option, it just seems to be the ubisoft ones that don't have the capability. Great ideas, poorly coded, badly thought out, terribly planned and pathetically executed. That's ubisoft for ya...

Give us the option to ignore your antique servers.

Do you still use ticker-tape?

drifter3780
06-05-2008, 05:38 PM
Just went down again after being up for maybe 15 minutes.................

What a joke! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_mad.gif

matje74
06-05-2008, 05:41 PM
UBISOFT PLEASE RESPOND!!

This has been going on for at least a week now. 4-5 games in a row if we are lucky then BANG, disconnected from server.

Why are you not responding? Why are you not acting? What can possibly be the problem?

Please tell us this. Explain why you are facing server problems, and we just might say "ok, thats a tuff one", but we hear NOTHING from you. No "sorry" or anything. I am getting to the point why I will never ever buy a Ubisoft game again, and I will start to write to all gaming magazines I know, so this poor handling of a non-playable-situation will be widely known.

http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/crackwhip.gif

funkmunky80
06-05-2008, 05:48 PM
Servers down AGAIN 0035hrs GMT

Come on ubi, spend some of the monewy that's come out of OUR pockets on fixing this lame, half arsed attmept of a game. When it works it's great, but lets face it, it mostly doesn't work does it?

Originally posted by matje74:
UBISOFT PLEASE RESPOND!!

This has been going on for at least a week now. 4-5 games in a row if we are lucky then BANG, disconnected from server.

Why are you not responding? Why are you not acting? What can possibly be the problem?

Please tell us this. Explain why you are facing server problems, and we just might say "ok, thats a tuff one", but we hear NOTHING from you. No "sorry" or anything. I am getting to the point why I will never ever buy a Ubisoft game again, and I will start to write to all gaming magazines I know, so this poor handling of a non-playable-situation will be widely known.

http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/crackwhip.gif

A week? What planet have you been on?

As far as I can tell it's been happening since day one, it just settles down for a few weeks every now and again.

Ubi, a bit of interaction with your customers at this point would be advisable...

matje74
06-06-2008, 12:38 AM
A week? What planet have you been on?

Probably the same as you?! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/disagree.gif

I have been playing almost daily for the last 6 months, and there has been many "drop-out-periods", but the last month a so (before current round of server troubles) at least, I have played with no connection problems...

Have I just been lucky? http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_confused.gif

But anyway lets focus on getting Ubisoft to react - the behaviour we are seeing from them now is totally unacceptable!

http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/compsmash.gif

funkmunky80
06-06-2008, 04:21 AM
Your servers aren't made from lego are they? They're made from butter really aren't they? That's why they keep melting.

@matje, yes we had about 5/6 weeks with no connection problems. The last week (or is it 2?) have been a total joke though.

Ubi, STILL no word??? Are you ever going to reply to us? Let us know what' going on, IF the problem will be resolved? Will you release a patch that allows a direct IP connection, instead of logging on to your servers made of cheese and dog poo?

Poutineman
06-06-2008, 08:14 AM
I think it would be about time for Ubi to make a statement. Does anyone at Ubi read this forum? If so, can you at least tell us what is your perspective on this, what you expect to do about it?

funkmunky80
06-06-2008, 11:23 AM
Originally posted by Poutineman:
I think it would be about time for Ubi to make a statement. Does anyone at Ubi read this forum? If so, can you at least tell us what is your perspective on this, what you expect to do about it?

Don't hold your breath... They're shutting the forums down for "maintenance," so we'll probably have to start all over again... EDIT: I was wrong... my god...

Lethal1940
06-09-2008, 11:30 AM
The Vegas 1 master server was down all weekend..at least every time I checked!!

Vegas 2 servers were also down a few times but were up most of the time.

Maybe Ubisoft is trying to force everyone to buy Vegas 2 if they want to play!!!!

funkmunky80
06-09-2008, 05:58 PM
Server down again... 0055hrs GMT Actually managed a couple of hours this time, which was nice... http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/51.gif

Lethal, you're probably right mate, it's not going to work though, I refuse to play vegas 2. If they can't get the 1st one to work properly, what's the point in making the sequel? Oh yeh... I nearly forgot... $£$£$£$£

The game doesn't matter does it as long as people like you and me are daft enough to go and buy their pap...

SLippe
06-09-2008, 05:59 PM
The server(s) were running pretty good for me last night, but it was late. I just tried and it disconnected me and I can't connect back. Ubisoft servers are a joke! I just can't imagine such a large gaming company not being able to maintain their servers. As been posted before, why do we even need to connect to a server to customize our player and to play? We really need a direct IP option. Of course, all this b*tchin' would stop if Ubisoft got off their lazy asses and did something about the servers in the first place.

Lethal1940
06-09-2008, 08:37 PM
Ubisoft servers have been crashing for over a year and Ubisoft hasn't found a working solution yet!!

But Ubisoft already gave direct IP!

It's called:
I = Incompetent
P = Programming

funkmunky80
06-12-2008, 10:49 AM
Well... Servers down again... Why am I not surprised?

I've not played vegas for couple of days, thought I'd leave it a while, see if they could somehow patch together a server that works (yes yes... silly me... I know) http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif

I've been playing farcry on the ubi servers all day long without a single problem... No ads on farcry though is there? Why don't you try scrapping the ads for vegas? Better yet, jus scrap the ads for RSV, and dump all of your crappy ads on RSV2 servers... http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/34.gif

I managed to log onto RSV @ 1735hrs GMT... I had a look to see if there was any games going...

What a surprise... 3 games (PB enabled only), one with a ping of 839!!! and the other two didn't have any ping value at all. I decided to host(as per usual)... By 1738hrs GMT I was disconnected from server... and now am unable to log back on...

So ubi, I hope the advertising revenue that you recieve is worth the loss of customers??? More and more people are getting fed up with this sh*t... Enough is enough... http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_mad.gif

All the money you're making and you can't even get off your fat backside to fix this BS??? Stop toking on that bong and do some fekking work... http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_mad.gif

WidescreenRules
06-13-2008, 07:47 PM
Down again at 9:43 PM Eastern time.

Why the HELL is Ubi requiring logins?! I have a Dynamic DNS account and the ports are open on my firewall, so my friends can get directly into my server just by resolving by dyndns.org name. THERE IS NO REASON TO FORCE A LOGIN FOR THIS KIND OF CONNECTION!!!

This problem has been going on for months! MONTHS!! Ubi is completely killing three purchases of RSV2 because we will NOT financially support an organization that treats its paying customers this way.

papafoghorn
06-13-2008, 09:29 PM
better make that 4! my friends and I will also not be getting far cry 2.
anyway, This Is truly sad http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/mockface.gif
unbelievable http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/354.gif http://www.scenicreflections.com/ithumbs/foghorn_leghorn.gif

oh hell, who am i kidding? I will end up buying far cry 2 http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/35.gif
It looks to damn good not to http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_eek.gif
but, I will wait till Its only $20 http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

txspanky
06-13-2008, 10:28 PM
I think a big reason for the login server is to validate the cdkey to make sure no one has HA><0red the software.

But seriously... My friend and I have enjoyed a lot of Vegas2. We haven't touched Ubisoft games since Ravenshield and Vegas2 was a pleasure to play. However after going through the coop story 6 times we wanted to try the Vegas1 coop.

I'll echo what many others have said. It's fun if it works. JEEZUS!!! The server stability is terrible. The first time we tried Vegas1 the host machine crashed after the first map. Then the maplist screw up which took us 45 minutes to figure out after we got back in... Now we are getting about 30-45 minutes of play time before the game server crashes and we sit looking on the "logging in" screen which eventually becomes "taken too long"....

I've read through several thread of Ubi sucks, fix coop, etc... I had a hard time believing it was that bad due to Vegas2. But Vegas1... yea... It really is that bad.

So chalk this up as another "Please fix the server" post and stop the login check and allow direct IP connections.

WidescreenRules
06-13-2008, 10:56 PM
Fine, then validate and move on.

This requirement that you need to have a CONSTANT connection to the login server in order to play is totally and utterly INEXCUSABLE.

funkmunky80
06-14-2008, 09:13 AM
Originally posted by WidescreenRulez:
Fine, then validate and move on.

This requirement that you need to have a CONSTANT connection to the login server in order to play is totally and utterly INEXCUSABLE.

http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/agreepost.gif

Lethal1940
06-14-2008, 08:29 PM
Saturday June 14 .. 10:20 PM EST

Tried to host a server with 3 other players for the first time in over a month .. and as usual the Ubisoft servers are down.

I have checked the servers from time to time just to see if they were up and many times they aren't.

Vegas 2 servers are working so what is the big problem with Ubisoft not being able to fix this server?????

funkmunky80
06-15-2008, 07:30 AM
Originally posted by Lethal1940:
Saturday June 14 .. 10:20 PM EST
Vegas 2 servers are working so what is the big problem with Ubisoft not being able to fix this server?????

They don't want to fix it though do they? They want everyone to go out and buy RSV2, so they can forget about this botched abortion of a game, sell everyone more crap and make even more money..

Ubi don't seem to realise that more people would buy RSV2 if they got this one to work properly first...

numnuts16
06-15-2008, 10:58 AM
for crying out loud hurry up and sort the servers out im getting p****d off that i play online and half way throu a game it cuts off SORT IT OUT....

Lethal1940
06-15-2008, 03:53 PM
The Vegas 2 forums are full of the same negative comments concerning problems with that game.

I will say that the Vegas 2 master servers have fewer problems than Vegas 1 has experienced.
Too bad they can't get the problems in the game corrected.

An Ubisoft manager did post a very vague message that there will be some exciting news by the end of June but no clue as to what it would be.
That post was locked when the response wasn't as expected.

You can check on some of what is going on here, and maybe make a decision on Vegas 2 after waiting to see what Ubisoft has to offer in there exciting news. (Promised by the end of June)

http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/1991064316/m/3521024666

I wouldn't recommend buying Vegas 2 until/if Ubisoft delivers on their promise!!!

Lethal1940
06-15-2008, 04:01 PM
I just decided to check the Vegas 1 servers out of curiousity.
They are up at the moment.
There are a total of 7 servers running with a total of 19 players .. in all modes .. for the entire world!!

We predicted this would happen a few months ago!!
Ubisoft really knows how to kill a game!!!

Unless Ubisoft delivers on their promise for Vegas 2, it won't be far behind!!

Another dead game!!
And .. not much hope for Ubisoft in the future!!

funkmunky80
06-16-2008, 08:09 AM
After reading your post Lethal I though I'd give it a shot...

I logged on...

3 servers running, with a total of 12 players worldwide... (PB and non PB)

I created a game...

After a couple of minutes someone joined the game...

After about 30 seconds of play... "DD*whatever he was called* has left the game..."

2 seconds later... I didn't get the "disconnected from server" this time, I crashed to desktop with an error mesage that I've never seen before... "RSV has encountered a problem" instead... (first time I've ever seen an error message for RSV, it usually just crashes to desktop without a word)

Now I can't log back in...

1505hrs GMT Servers down? Operation was canelled because this game is a shoddily made POS that should have never made it to the shelves, even with all 6 updates... I want my money back... http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/51.gif

bunbuns
06-16-2008, 10:25 AM
All last week the servers went on and off i would say at least 5 times a day with a minimum reboot uptime of half an hour between each one. This is incredibly frustrating as the game itself is quite fun to play, the 4 player co-op story is what really drew me in over the one in R6V2.

I have never been on game servers that have been this bad. Normally server stability is the first thing game companies fix for online games. (And i have been playing online since HL1 days)

I mean what is the point of have a dedicated server option if the main servers die all the time! I am not surprised many people running dedicated servers give-up!

Also i was playing around on Solder of Fortune Payback servers (which by many peoples accounts is a horrible sequel) and you don't need to authorise or be in constant connection to the developers servers. It`s gameplay is crude and simple but it has rock stable server and never crashes. I had a quick look today and it had more servers and people playing that R6V! (11 Servers/62 People)

Is this saying that SOF3 is a better game than R6V?

Maybe Ubisoft doesn`t give a toss anymore since R6V PC is now a budget title, but that would be a poor excuse since SOF3 in comparision was released AS a budget title.

funkmunky80
06-16-2008, 04:51 PM
Originally posted by bunbuns:
... i was playing around on Solder of Fortune Payback servers (which by many peoples accounts is a horrible sequel) and you don't need to authorise or be in constant connection to the developers servers. It`s gameplay is crude and simple but it has rock stable server and never crashes. I had a quick look today and it had more servers and people playing that R6V! (11 Servers/62 People)

Dude, Farcry has more people playing it than this heap of dung... and that's a few years older than SOF... Unreal Tournament 2004 has more people playing online than either... The other unreals I'm not sure about, I've not played them since ut2k4...

Lethal1940
06-16-2008, 05:34 PM
The only reason I even tried hosting Saturday night is because my grandson was here and we wanted to play with a couple of other relatives online.
I have 2 legal copies of Vegas 1 so we decided to give it a try. We have done this before some time ago.

That works pretty well as the other computer on my LAN actually connects through my LAN and gives a ping under 10 even though he has to go to multiplayer/online to find my server.
That doesn't lag the game and the other players.

Just a thought if anyone ever wants to host with someone else at your home and still play online, that it works this way.
(But you do need 2 keys)

But then .. of course, that depends on if the Ubisoft server is up .. and will stay up long enough to play.

papafoghorn
06-17-2008, 04:29 AM
I still play swat4 online and I even played joint ops for god sakes! and thats older then dirt! for the record its about 5:30 am here and ubi is down again! yeh, its a strange time to play?! but my work hours make this my only really free time. 3am-6am http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/disagree.gif I would tell ubi to rub my wi##er! but i'm an adult, and can't do it! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/34.gif http://www.webweaver.nu/clipart/img/nature/dogs/weinerdog2.gif

funkmunky80
06-17-2008, 05:45 AM
You are officially taking the p*ss...

5 minutes of play, then BAM... are you sending a kill signal to my PC? I used to just crash to desktop, but now I get to watch everyone on my server disapear before the error message "RSV has encountered a problem and needs to close."

Now I cant log back in - again - 1240hrs GMT...

SLippe
06-17-2008, 05:50 AM
Servers down. 6:45 a.m. CST.

I was looking forward to playin' on your server, too, funkmunky80. I'll tray and catch ya throughout the day today.

funkmunky80
06-17-2008, 06:11 AM
Originally posted by SLippe:
Servers down. 6:45 a.m. CST.

I was looking forward to playin' on your server, too, funkmunky80. I'll tray and catch ya throughout the day today.

Bloody typical that though innit? You join a game, the roundd starts, then the game crashes, then you can't log back on... I nearly put my fist through my monitor http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_mad.gif

funkmunky80
06-17-2008, 12:11 PM
Slippe, something tells me ubisoft don't want us to play together...

Servers down AGAIN 1905hrs GMT...

And ubi tech support had the cheek to tell me to forward my ports, disable my firewall, and disconnect my router - as if the problem's at MY end?!?!?! Cheeky bleeders...

SLippe
06-17-2008, 01:29 PM
Played for a little bit.

Servers down, AGAIN!!!

2:28 p.m. CST

funkmunky80
06-17-2008, 01:29 PM
AND AGAIN... 2025hrs GMT after just 25 minutes of play... http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/51.gif

Ubi, I hope you're hanging your head in shame, because this is well beyond a joke...

funkmunky80
06-17-2008, 03:01 PM
managed about 45 minutes this time - SERVER DOWN AGAIN... 2200hrs GMT... FFS Ubi - are you ever going to do anything about this? Will you even try?

You know what? Screw it... I'm gonna roll myself a phatty and play a game made by a company that actually gives a sh*t about it's customers being able to play... Warrock here I come... And best of all, it's free!

funkmunky80
06-18-2008, 02:54 AM
DOWN AGAIN... 0950hrs GMT managed about 20 minutes of play this time... And still no response from the guys in thew suport centre... Are they even qualified to turn a computer on?

papafoghorn
06-18-2008, 03:04 AM
I know you all wont believe this "because It's so rare"
but servers down again. I managed to get to the settings screen, then POOF!
This Is great! Since I bought this game, I get to type more then ever (on this forum) So, Thank you very much UBI for rebuilding my typing skills http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/clap.gif JackA$$e$! http://site.animalden.com/images/cj/12400.jpg

funkmunky80
06-18-2008, 03:12 AM
I think it's time to go and buy COD4... or re-install Battlefield 2... hmm... decisions decisions...

Does anybody know where the file that makes the game connect to ubi's server is? We could try editing the damn thing so we can skip connecting to their sandwich toaster...

Will let you know if I find it...

papafoghorn
06-18-2008, 11:08 PM
You can buy swat 4 gold for about $10-$15 and the servers are still going strong!
I agree It's not the greatest game around, but
at least It's fun to be able to play online!
I would of course rather play Vegas (if It would stay online) Anyway, that's that. for the record G.R.A.W. Is buggy also! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/typing.gif

funkmunky80
06-19-2008, 02:42 AM
Originally posted by papafoghorn:
You can buy swat 4 gold for about $10-$15 and the servers are still going strong!
I would of course rather play Vegas (if It would stay online) Anyway, that's that. for the record G.R.A.W. Is buggy also! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/typing.gif

Lol, I've got SWAT 4, could never be bothered playing online though (never bothered playing it tbh)... As for GRAW, I found all the GR's worked really well back in my console days (XBOX), but for PC GRAW onwards has just been a joke.

papafoghorn
06-19-2008, 04:19 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by papafoghorn:

Lol, I've got SWAT 4, could never be bothered playing online though (never bothered playing it tbh)... As for GRAW, I found all the GR's worked really well back in my console days (XBOX), but for PC GRAW onwards has just been a joke. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I agree LOL at swat 4 http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif my point was--->It still and always has worked great online! and, look how old It Is? UBI plz take notes http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/354.gif

However when I got home from work this morning (3am) I was able to play about 2-3 hrs (vegas) with no problems?! so, If UBI fixed the problem?
Thank you UBI http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/halo.gif

Lethal1940
06-22-2008, 12:02 PM
This has been a problem for at least a year!!

You can rest assured that the problem isn't fixed and is now carrying over into Vegas 2!!

It would be great if Ubisoft proves me wrong!!!

Zeta-1
08-19-2008, 11:00 AM
master server is down

Wladca_wojtek
08-20-2008, 04:16 AM
For the last 2 days i cant log on to the server in vegas, but i vegas 2 everything is all right. I hope the problem will soon be fixed cose im playin with my buddies and the campain cant wait ;P

funkmunky80
08-21-2008, 01:51 PM
Lol... back to the melted cheese toastie on the server board again eh?

Or have the admins been watching so much pron that the server has been short circuited by ***z again?

Well... I'm off to play mass effect - the reason I've not been hosting this month...

xSmurfster
12-24-2008, 08:16 PM
This is stiiiiiiiiiiiilllllllllllllll happening. C'mon Ubi... Either fix it and I'll gladly play the game, or exchange it for R6-V2... but really I'd rather you fix the freaking server...

FireballU
12-26-2008, 07:33 AM
Originally posted by xSmurfster:
This is stiiiiiiiiiiiilllllllllllllll happening. C'mon Ubi... Either fix it and I'll gladly play the game, or exchange it for R6-V2... but really I'd rather you fix the freaking server...

Don'tcha even DARE thinking that it works better with Vegas 2!

It's the same crap there - server goes down, everybody is kicked out of the game instantly.

FireballU
12-30-2008, 05:20 PM
Master server down, probably already for a while, reporting this at 1:20 am CEST.

Whoever thought that it could be a good idea, making all servers dependent on one master server that SUCKS BIG TIME, should be slain using 2m SCSI cables (RFC conforming).

xSmurfster
12-30-2008, 11:32 PM
Oh man the server might be down *again*, but you definitely made my day... RFC compliant SCSI cable? is it terminated? :P

Lethal1940
07-01-2009, 08:07 AM
This is sort of an official thread started by Ms Kleaneasy about a year and a half ago to report problems with the Ubisoft Master server.

Ubisoft is aware of the problem .. It will just take a little time to fix!! (Like the rest of your life!!)) http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif

Since everyone is asked to report in server down issues in this thread, I thought it would be appropriate to bring it back!!

Note:
Do Not Make Any Changes To Your Computer Or Settings Until You Are Sure The Ubisoft Server Isn't Down Again!!!

desecrater1
08-13-2009, 06:14 AM
Originally posted by Lethal1940:
This is sort of an official thread started by Ms Kleaneasy about a year and a half ago to report problems with the Ubisoft Master server.

Ubisoft is aware of the problem .. It will just take a little time to fix!! (Like the rest of your life!!)) http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif

Since everyone is asked to report in server down issues in this thread, I thought it would be appropriate to bring it back!!

Note:
Do Not Make Any Changes To Your Computer Or Settings Until You Are Sure The Ubisoft Server Isn't Down Again!!!

So after so long time they still haven't fixed the problem. I also get that problem when I try loging in on some servers but also when I'm playing I can get disconnected. Got 50/10 in cable so the ping is usually around 45-50. If they can't fix the problem. They will lose a buying costumer.

Lethal1940
08-14-2009, 03:58 PM
I don't know that the issue is that Ubisoft can't fix the problem .. it may be that they just don't care and won't take the time to fix it.

I would assume they have someone with the proper knowledge to fix and keep an authentication server running.
Or, at least provide backup servers.

As you can see by this thread .. the problem has been around for at least a year and half, so it doesn't seem likely that Ubisoft is going to do anything about it!!

Ten24.NarcSgt
07-26-2010, 10:52 AM
I recently went back to enjoy Vegas 2. Still not fixed in 2010......Ubi Master servers go down about 40 times a day...

Lethal1940
07-27-2010, 02:14 PM
Quality is not one of Ubisoft's strong suites ..
Horrible Servers, Games and Support !!!

ricey1966
08-19-2010, 08:21 PM
One reason for ubisoft not fixing the server, could be an indirect way of killing off the game completely by disrupting online game play,

Played for around 1hr had several players in my game as i was host, and offline it went all players lost connection, some 10mins later it's back online, so i launch another game within 5mins it's again offline,i give up playing, for now, others have given up permanently which is what i believe ubi want,

StrykerN
08-20-2010, 07:33 AM
LOL ricey. Seen you and Demented on-line last evening (U.S.Time). Must have been a bad night for you guys. The UBI Servers are a joke these days and games are getting harder to play each and every day. I don't give UBI much credit for anything,but I am hoping they are smart enough not to intentinaly crash the master server.

A couple of friends and I even went back loaded and tried to play the first Vegas. I could join server for about five mins. before crashing out,my other friend couldn't even join the server. So I guess the problem is throughout the UBI Server.From what friends have told me the same problems occure with Splinter Cell Conviction. I am glad I didn't waste the $60.00 on that one.

It is really a shame,but there just doesn't seem to be any real good releases comming out on the market these days.I have bought several that are just sitting gathering dust. But at least some you can play till you decide to leave instead of a ****ty server telling you OOOOOOPS you are done playing.

One of your countymen sent me Raven Shied Complete (Raven Shield,Athena Sword,and Iron Wrath) hoping we could join up and play. I have spent hours and still can't even get game to launch. I posted on other forum about problems but got no responces so I am trying to sqeeze it in here for help........lol. Well now that I have my blood pressure up I better sign off.