PDA

View Full Version : Big Question: Did I need to buy it????

lordjensM
09-23-2010, 10:43 AM
Hi, I have some questions. I love to play RTS games lik Lotr Battle for Middle-Earth 1,2 and Age of Empires, World of Conflict and more...

Some Questions about the game:
Is it a good game??
Single player good? Long campaign?
Multiplayer good? Much players online?
Are the lag problems for PS3? Bugs?
Good controls for the game? I don"t play with the move. Good selecting of units?
Is there a Ranking systeem for players?
Level up systeem?
Comments on the game?? Let me know plz http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Ithilenia
09-23-2010, 10:47 AM
check the forums, check the website, check youtube, check reviews, download demo & then decide.

cheers,
Rhomark

odballl
09-23-2010, 10:47 AM
If u like strategy games this is defenately a must have.

Ghoullio
09-23-2010, 10:51 AM
Or, you know, download the FREE demo and see for yourself...

lordjensM
09-23-2010, 10:53 AM
Originally posted by Ghoullio:
Or, you know, download the FREE demo and see for yourself...
There is no PS3 Demo, i think

lordjensM
09-23-2010, 10:54 AM
Originally posted by Ithilenia:
check the forums, check the website, check youtube, check reviews, download demo & then decide.

cheers,
Rhomark

I am Checking it http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif And Some reviews are bad, some are good.. Same with some players comment

Ghoullio
09-23-2010, 10:55 AM
What else are you gonna buy, Halo: Reach?! PFFFT...

Just rent the game.

Or DOWNLOAD THE FREE DEMO!!!

lordjensM
09-23-2010, 11:26 AM
Originally posted by Ghoullio:

Just rent the game.

There is no PS 3 demo???

ChilledLJ
09-23-2010, 11:58 AM
Originally posted by lordjensM:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Ghoullio:

Just rent the game.

There is no PS 3 demo??? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>I downloaded the PS3 demo

lordjensM
09-23-2010, 12:15 PM
Originally posted by ChilledLJ:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by lordjensM:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Ghoullio:

Just rent the game.

There is no PS 3 demo??? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>I downloaded the PS3 demo </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You have The Plus abonoment???
I can't find it on the network

ChilledLJ
09-23-2010, 03:11 PM
no i dont have ps plus.
This is for the US Store
1) Go to PS Store
2) Go down to DEMOS
3)Go into demos again on next page
4) You will find the ruse demo here

UK PS Store

1)Go to ALL GAMES A-Z
2)Go to PS3 Demos
3)Go to Q-S
4)RUSE demo in here under R

I hope you find it buddy http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_cool.gif

Axe99
09-23-2010, 04:04 PM
There's deffo a demo Lordjens, and you don't need PS+ to play it. It's a pretty good demo as well, a great intro to the game, highly recommend checking it out http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif.

ThaWitchKing
09-23-2010, 08:31 PM
i use to hate now i love it

BP_Charlie
09-24-2010, 02:17 AM
The answer to the majority of your questions is a simple "yes".

But regarding PS3 lag and bugs...there aren't any major issues that I would recommend not buying the game for, but there are 1 or 2 issues. Most notably:

*If you get match made against someone really laggy the game will keep pausing and saying "problem with <player>". This can be really annoying. But for the most part online games are smooth.

*If the above happens, and/or the game ends due to disconnection, even though the game says you won, you will lose any win streak you had at the time through no fault of your own. This is really, really annoying when trying for the 10 ranked streak trophy http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

*If you use your last ruse then try and put down a building or build a unit really quickly afterwards, your menu cursor will still be in the ruse menu when it gets hidden. It's no big deal, you just have to close the menu and re-open it, but it's annoying when you are trying to play quickly. And it probably doesn't affect players using Move.

*If you are playing the campaign on hard and/or have to keep restarting missions, the cut scenes get really annoying. Especially the mid-game ones that pull you away from frantically trying position units. Or, as happened in one instance, a cut scene triggered just as I was attempting to stop my barracks being captured - after the cut scenes the Germans had my barracks...

Other than that, great game to be recommended to any RTS lovers. It's certainly the best current RTS, but I'm undecided yet as to whether it's cooler than EndWar.