PDA

View Full Version : Well, I guess it's finally time to retire GRAW

srl50
09-13-2006, 07:14 PM
And I say this ever so sadly. With each sequential patch that has come out, I have had a harder and harder time connecting to online games, such as COOP. I get the, "Unkown server Error" just about every time I try to connect to a game. I have about a doxen or so other titles I play online with no problems at all. I have DSL, could that be the problem for GRAW? I know that GR.net is a better place to post issues, but for some reason I can't loggin over there. Any sugestions? I'm just about ready to uninstall the game and put in a box in the basement. It has gotten that frustrating.

Sorry to rant, just really kinda dissapointed after this latest patch and my connectivity problems have only gotten worse.

Steve

srl50
09-13-2006, 07:14 PM
And I say this ever so sadly. With each sequential patch that has come out, I have had a harder and harder time connecting to online games, such as COOP. I get the, "Unkown server Error" just about every time I try to connect to a game. I have about a doxen or so other titles I play online with no problems at all. I have DSL, could that be the problem for GRAW? I know that GR.net is a better place to post issues, but for some reason I can't loggin over there. Any sugestions? I'm just about ready to uninstall the game and put in a box in the basement. It has gotten that frustrating.

Sorry to rant, just really kinda dissapointed after this latest patch and my connectivity problems have only gotten worse.

Steve

srl50
09-14-2006, 06:20 AM
So like, I log on to try again this morning and I have absolutley no problem what so ever joining a game. I tried several attempts and all successful. I don't get it. Maybe the game needed a night to 'catch up'? All I know is, this and many other problems this game is having is not my computer's fault and prolly not anyone elses (who is experiencing problems) either. GRAW is one quirky game man.

RaidXraY
09-14-2006, 07:32 AM
The Problem is on YOUR side... its not the game... or we would have all the same prob. Plus many users are on DSL

Dont blame the game

PS: do you have a firewall activated or something... windows firewwall, mcafee or symantec... if you do try disabling them when you have problem and try again

friend2you
09-14-2006, 07:51 AM
Well, it could be gamespy and ISP problem.

SlipperyJim
09-14-2006, 09:54 AM
For years now I have heard that some ISPs block ports. Never found out if this was just urban myth though.

Chances are it is modem/router/firewall/anti-virus related with a smidge of poor coding mixed in.

GrimlockCW
09-14-2006, 11:06 AM
i wouldn't doubt it was the game actualy.
i've had times where it'd hang connecting to a server.
i've had times where it'd flat out give some sort of connection error, or times where i'd be IN the server and then get an error.
the games netcode is faulty, laggy, and not good overall.
the people being dropped from active games is proof of that in its own.

srl50
09-15-2006, 06:26 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">RaidXraY </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Wow RaidXraY, man, where YOU been? Geesh, I have read many a post here and other places where ppl are having great issues with connecting to GRAW for online play. I'm happy and even relieved that you aren't experiencing any problems connecting, but believe me when I say there are many that have and do. Just try reading some of the posts on this one forum to find out. I would love for this problem to be on my side, cuz then I would fix it. I have absolutely no issues when connecting online with any other of my dozen or so games. Oh yea, this is a software issue, or a GameSpy issue, or something like that. Now, that doesn't mean that we can't comply with a game's 'quirkiness' to make it work. But that also doesn't mean its our PC's fault. It€s a point of logic. If I have (at least) another dozen or so titles that allow me to connect and play online with hardly ever any disruption, but there's just one title (GRAW) that continuously experiences problems connecting and staying connect, then its that particular game, not my PC that is causing the issues. Hey guy, I don€t mean to start a war with you, it€s just that I know this is a GRAW issue. Hey, I€m just happy that for now that I€m connecting and playing . . .

srl50
09-15-2006, 06:31 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">PS: do you have a firewall activated or something... windows firewwall, mcafee or symantec... if you do try disabling them when you have problem and try again </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I don't have any virus running when I play online, but I do have a firewall of course. It comes with my ISP provider. If I experience any more issues with connecting, I'll try disableing the firewall and see if that helps. Funny that it doesn't cause any problems with all my other games, but oh well. I did have my network cable going thru a wireless router and have since bypassed the router. Thanks for the suggestions.

GrimlockCW
09-15-2006, 07:00 AM
ditto, no firewalls, no anti virus when running (at all) nadda, just a straight shot into Roadrunner

Lt_Com_Fisher
09-19-2006, 07:14 AM
If you have DSL and are having problems loging on to the website, call your DSL provider and ask them to finish setting up your phone line or system, it is not profiled right for your DSL account. This is a big problem with DSL accounts you pay and they forget about you.

Lt_Com_Fisher
09-19-2006, 07:20 AM
This may work for most who have a problem getting in and remaining at the website of your choice. Go to the website then on your TOOLS menu Syncronize your computer to the Game site so it and your computer can communicate.

Ghost_Hybrid
09-19-2006, 08:42 AM
ISP in fact do block a certain amount of traffic, to preserve bandwidth for others.

I live in WI and when Charter cable first arrived I could host 10 players with no discoes.

Years later after when cable became more popular, I wasnt even able to host a server for more than 5 minutes before being kicked.

I called charter and they said they have software that limits the amount of traffic coming in and out of ones household.

Something that unacceptable in my eyes, but not the end of the world.

RaidXraY
09-19-2006, 08:55 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by srl50:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">RaidXraY </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Wow RaidXraY, man, where YOU been? Geesh, I have read many a post here and other places where ppl are having great issues with connecting to GRAW for online play. I'm happy and even relieved that you aren't experiencing any problems connecting, but believe me when I say there are many that have and do. Just try reading some of the posts on this one forum to find out. I would love for this problem to be on my side, cuz then I would fix it. I have absolutely no issues when connecting online with any other of my dozen or so games. Oh yea, this is a software issue, or a GameSpy issue, or something like that. Now, that doesn't mean that we can't comply with a game's 'quirkiness' to make it work. But that also doesn't mean its our PC's fault. It€s a point of logic. If I have (at least) another dozen or so titles that allow me to connect and play online with hardly ever any disruption, but there's just one title (GRAW) that continuously experiences problems connecting and staying connect, then its that particular game, not my PC that is causing the issues. Hey guy, I don€t mean to start a war with you, it€s just that I know this is a GRAW issue. Hey, I€m just happy that for now that I€m connecting and playing . . . </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Man others may have problems too but it doesnt meen its the game fault... still can be firewall problems...

so plz try this

1: Bypass router... use only your DSL modem (just for testing purpose... router are the best firewall available not like ISP ****ty firewall)
2: ISP Firewall... god damn i hate those. Use windows firewall you dont need anything else. Those firewall will block you from yourself i really hate those!!! PLZ DISABLE IT NOW
3: If you have ASNti-virus... plz disable that too

Try the game again and if it works (i know it will) come back here get on your knees and apologise to the All Mighty RAIDX

thank you and have a nice day

baff6
09-19-2006, 09:05 AM
Don't waste your time. The game has connection issues.

SAS-SGT
09-19-2006, 09:55 AM
correct, i get disconnected from alot of servers i go on, pretty occosional problem aswell.

i just stopped playing GRAW online because of them because i can't stand being in the middle of a game online and then getting a disconnection or error message.

GrimlockCW
09-19-2006, 03:26 PM
if it was the ISP's and firewalls then why is it only NOW its started, since Map Pack 3?
the coincidental event of this, isn't that coincidental at all, its obvious what happened.
Grin released the patch incomplete, and half broken.
the new modes are nice, once more yeah, but where are the fixes that fix things and break less?
Why was it beta tested? just to see if the new modes were put in and worked (sortof)?
gah, not impressed, i had some low expectations for the patch, but to suffer worse bugs than on the previous patch wasn't one of'em.

Emenance
09-19-2006, 06:23 PM
getting this letdown out of my life has improved my computers health, my health and well being. I am not cursing anymore and avoiding church. I am having fun with all the OGR mods and online play. I also feel better about paying my cable bill, Even though those greedy bastards keep ripping us off and raising the rate... I dont feel so pissed about my internet connection anymore.

sl0ppy_sec0nds
09-19-2006, 07:30 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Emenance:
getting this letdown out of my life has improved my computers health, my health and well being. I am not cursing anymore and avoiding church. I am having fun with all the OGR mods and online play. I also feel better about paying my cable bill, Even though those greedy bastards keep ripping us off and raising the rate... I dont feel so pissed about my internet connection anymore. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

After uninstalling this game, I had an epiphany. I realised what the meaning of life was to me and how I could pursue it. It struck me how much I needed to accept Jesus as my lord and savior, more so being a servant of god. I've read the bible and came to terms with myself as far as emotions go. My PC has also been free of viruses and those dreadful spyware programs that used to bombard me with pointless pop up ads, perverts are delighted to see. I also noticed after turning off my LCD monitor a highlighted figure on my display appears that looks to be of the Virgin Mary. What is the meaning of this? I don't know. I could tell you that it is a sign of good things to come. Try uninstalling your GRAW game and see what it can do for you.

RaidXraY
09-19-2006, 07:45 PM
I just thought of something

is your Network CArd a Yukon integrated card

if so.. tell me ill try to help you more

GI-Hoe-808
09-23-2006, 01:30 PM
I have an integrated Marvel Yukon network card on my Asus P4P800-E Deluxe motherboard, and I'm having horrible problems with being disconnected. I never experienced this until I installed the newest patch.

sl0ppy_sec0nds
09-23-2006, 02:01 PM
It's actually the new patch causing the disconnections.