PDA

View Full Version : co-op In the next assassins' creed???

RogueAtomic2
12-28-2011, 09:59 AM
Do u want co-op in the next assassins creed???
Give details?

Poodle_of_Doom
12-28-2011, 10:16 AM
No... just no.

Flood_101
12-28-2011, 10:33 AM
I don't see how that would work out, to be honest.

sticks165
12-28-2011, 10:58 AM
nope

Pdavis3
12-28-2011, 06:11 PM
YES... just yes. Honestly, noone should say that they don't want it in AC at all, because they would be selfish. Not saying the ppl above me are saying at all, i'm gonna give them the benefit of the doubt that their reason is because there is only one year until AC3 and the way Ubisoft has been going with ACB and ACR the story hasn't been as good. Which could mean it could be worse if AC3 had a coop story, sp story, and mp.

But Ubisoft has already thought about doing Co-op and are probably making it right now. For how it could work Flood_101, it could be a completely different story with new characters and new setting. They could even reuse a setting a little.

JumpInTheFire13
12-28-2011, 06:47 PM
If not co-op, then give us multiplayer freeroam.

kriegerdesgottes
12-28-2011, 07:38 PM
Yes I hate online MP.

archangel_101
12-28-2011, 10:37 PM
N O .

Pdavis3
12-29-2011, 05:52 AM
Id give the mp up for a coop story

LightRey
12-29-2011, 05:57 AM
There's this one problem with co-op. If it's forced co-op it's lame, because you're forced to play with someone else and if it's not forced then I see no point to make a separate story for co-op.

Pdavis3
12-29-2011, 06:36 AM
Explain forced? If you mean u need go play with a friend or a computer I don't see the objections. Everyone should have a friend to play with. If not ask someone on this forum

LightRey
12-29-2011, 09:29 AM
Originally posted by Pdavis3:
Explain forced? If you mean u need go play with a friend or a computer I don't see the objections. Everyone should have a friend to play with. If not ask someone on this forum
Forced as in only playable with someone else, which imo is very lame. Some people don't want to have to play with friends to play a campaign.

Pdavis3
12-29-2011, 11:03 AM
Originally posted by LightRey:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Pdavis3:
Forced as in only playable with someone else, which imo is very lame. Some people don't want to have to play with friends to play a campaign. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I see where your coming from, but that's why I say coop should be it's own separate story from SP. Similar to how Splinter Cell Conviction did it. I don't really like a computer ally that you have to count on (A LOT) but they could be happy with that. Or they can find a friend that they could enjoy Coop with. I know quite a lot of ppl that do want it and there are probably the same that don't. Ubisoft should do it cuz it's only a plus honestly, they won't lose fans but rather make more.

LightRey
12-29-2011, 11:05 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by LightRey:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Pdavis3:
Forced as in only playable with someone else, which imo is very lame. Some people don't want to have to play with friends to play a campaign. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I see where your coming from, but that's why I say coop should be it's own separate story from SP. Similar to how Splinter Cell Conviction did it. I don't really like a computer ally that you have to count on (A LOT) but they could be happy with that. Or they can find a friend that they could enjoy Coop with. I know quite a lot of ppl that do want it and there are probably the same that don't. Ubisoft should do it cuz it's only a plus honestly, they won't lose fans but rather make more. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Why introduce an entirely separate story? Besides, even if they do it'd be annoying. People are already annoyed by the fact that there's so much story in MP, while they can't/don't want to play MP.

JumpInTheFire13
12-29-2011, 11:11 AM
The answer to all this arguing: RDR style free roam. No story involved, the exact same city as in the single player, completely optional, and you can still do co op within it if you want.

Pdavis3
12-29-2011, 11:19 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by LightRey:

I see where your coming from, but that's why I say coop should be it's own separate story from SP. Similar to how Splinter Cell Conviction did it. I don't really like a computer ally that you have to count on (A LOT) but they could be happy with that. Or they can find a friend that they could enjoy Coop with. I know quite a lot of ppl that do want it and there are probably the same that don't. Ubisoft should do it cuz it's only a plus honestly, they won't lose fans but rather make more. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Why introduce an entirely separate story? Besides, even if they do it'd be annoying. People are already annoyed by the fact that there's so much story in MP, while they can't/don't want to play MP. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Adding a new story and setting would make the game more interesting, sp to London and coop to Egypt or something like that. If they seriously are going to tackle the challange of coop it shouldn't be half-a**ed. One thing that i don't see why ppl would get annoyed with not getting to experience the story because of online. I mean i don't have a psp and i'm not upset i couldn't experience Altair's story after AC1. I just looked it up, read and watched what happened. If ppl don't like MP then don't play it, if u want to know the story then look it up.

As for the can't being able to play online i know Ubisoft is thinking or was at least about coop offline

kriegerdesgottes
12-29-2011, 12:07 PM

Yeah I can not even begin to imagine the logic behind games like that. I do not ever want that. I wish there was just a coop mode like in Goldeneye where you and a friend can assassinate each other without going online. I don't mind split screen I don't think it's a big deal but there's also the 3d option for people with 3d tvs.

USMCDEV1LD0G
12-29-2011, 12:10 PM
Absolutely!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I dont see why it would not work...they would not have to change anything really...Example...waw merc2 fable....I mean a it would not be hard...and i think it would be fun to run around w/ a friend on campaign

Pdavis3
12-29-2011, 12:15 PM
@USM,
well they would have to add somethings so the experience would be a little different from the sp gameplay. Like how guards and citizens react to two assassins, and coop animations.

@Krieg,
that's called mp not coop man. I understand the frustration of not wanting to play coop with a computer, but not wanting to play a game with a friend just seems weird. Idk any game that i bought that wouldn't be better playing with a friend. including AC

LightRey
12-29-2011, 12:42 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by LightRey:
Adding a new story and setting would make the game more interesting, sp to London and coop to Egypt or something like that. If they seriously are going to tackle the challange of coop it shouldn't be half-a**ed. One thing that i don't see why ppl would get annoyed with not getting to experience the story because of online. I mean i don't have a psp and i'm not upset i couldn't experience Altair's story after AC1. I just looked it up, read and watched what happened. If ppl don't like MP then don't play it, if u want to know the story then look it up.

As for the can't being able to play online i know Ubisoft is thinking or was at least about coop offline
I'm sorry but that's a lame excuse. Not everyone is like you. You're basically saying that the people that don't like the fact that the MP has story or that there are separate games exclusive to other platforms have invalid opinions.

Pdavis3
12-29-2011, 12:50 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by LightRey:

I'm sorry but that's a lame excuse. Not everyone is like you. You're basically saying that the people that don't like the fact that the MP has story or that there are separate games exclusive to other platforms have invalid opinions. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

yes it is a lame excuse, i know. But your pretty much saying that they shouldn't do it cuz some ppl don't want a coop campaign, while i know some ppl that do. Any excuse against it will always be a selfish excuse

kriegerdesgottes
12-29-2011, 01:14 PM

@Krieg,
that's called mp not coop man. I understand the frustration of not wanting to play coop with a computer, but not wanting to play a game with a friend just seems weird. Idk any game that i bought that wouldn't be better playing with a friend. including AC

I play games to avoid reality and people. That's why I don't like MP because I have to deal with the reality of how stupid and mean people are. That's why playing a split screen mp game with someone would be OK but I'd rather just not have any form of MP at all and just have SP but since that will never happen I wish I had the option to just play offline MP with a friend and not some screaming kid who hacks the system and cheats while yelling obscenities. Not fun. and being forced to have another person just to play the campaign just makes no sense to me at all and just seems...well lame.

Pdavis3
12-29-2011, 01:24 PM
Originally posted by kriegerdesgotte:

@Krieg,

I play games to avoid reality and people. That's why I don't like MP because I have to deal with the reality of how stupid and mean people are. That's why playing a split screen mp game with someone would be OK but I'd rather just not have any form of MP at all and just have SP but since that will never happen I wish I had the option to just play offline MP with a friend and not some screaming kid who hacks the system and cheats while yelling obscenities. Not fun. and being forced to have another person just to play the campaign just makes no sense to me at all and just seems...well lame. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

sorry to hear that, I play games to live out a different life that i can't in my current one. I have friends that i enjoy playing games with, thus being able to play a game we all like together with a campaign would be great. It may seem lame to you cuz there are ppl that want to play a coop story but it's not in reality. Everyone has their own tastes in games, u prefer sp over all while i prefer coop sometimes and SP sometimes. If you don't want to play with a friend then play with a computer, as long as the ai isn't bad then it'll be fine. But to say Ubisoft shouldn't put it in just cuz you and some other ppl don't want to play with a friend while others do seems... selfish.