PDA

View Full Version : No Internet Connection fix

IronSkull43
08-17-2011, 05:48 PM
Like I said in my previous post, bought this game on Steam, installed and ran and got a No Internet Connection error. After looking through almost every page possible, I found the answer where I least expected it. I cannot link nor name the site cause it's illegal but the fix is working fine with my copy of the From Dust game.

There is a solution to the NO INTERNET CONNECTION.

1. Go to C/Windows/System32/drivers/etc
2. Make a backup copy of the file "hosts", e.g. "hostsbk" and move to another folder
3. Delete the "hosts" file in the etc folder
4. Run the game. It should update without problems now.

If you get the FROM_DUST.exe STOPPED WORKING error

1. Go to X/Program Files/Steam/SteamApps/common/from dust and run the game via From_Dust.exe

Tested these fixes on my own and they work. Not a single crash.

Krey0n
08-17-2011, 06:29 PM
This didn't work

mobrockers
08-17-2011, 06:36 PM
What IronSkull43 means is that he pirated a Ubisoft game before. The crack with his pirated Ubisoft game edited his host file by adding a line somewhere along the line of

ubisoft.verification.com 127.0.0.1

If you did pirate a Ubisoft game before, simply open your host file at the path IronSkull43 posted, and remove any line that has ubisoft in it. Deleting your host file is a bad idea, there might be things in there needed by other programs you use.

IronSkull43
08-17-2011, 06:49 PM
The thing is that I didn't pirate the game. I bought it off Steam and this is the only trick which got it running for me. At least I can play it now without feeling like throwing away 15 euro. And there is a backup of the file just in case other programs go nuts, but nothing so far.

tadpole666
08-17-2011, 06:50 PM
Tried. Did not work.

mobrockers
08-17-2011, 06:51 PM
Originally posted by IronSkull43:
The thing is that I didn't pirate the game. I bought it off Steam and this is the only trick which got it running for me. At least I can play it now without feeling like throwing away 15 euro. And there is a backup of the file just in case other programs go nuts, but nothing so far.

I said you pirated some Ubisoft game before, I never said you pirated "From Dust".

IronSkull43
08-17-2011, 07:02 PM
When running the game after deleting "hosts", did you run it via Steam or via From_Dust.exe? Because I ran it via Steam and it patched right up but crashed during the intro. Then I ran it via From_Dust.exe

If it still doesn't work then I don't know. It works for me. :/

tadpole666
08-17-2011, 07:09 PM
I tried both. Still get the "Connection lost." error. Mildly annoying.

Praetorx14
08-17-2011, 07:19 PM
I'm not even getting this patcher, might be the cause of my problems

tadpole666
08-17-2011, 07:21 PM
Originally posted by Praetorx14:
I'm not even getting this patcher, might be the cause of my problems

Probably the cause of it. I opened task manager and checked processes while starting up From Dust, both from steam and steamapps/common/from_dust.exe, but saw no uplay or ubisoft launcher process in the background. I don't know what the process is called though.

Praetorx14
08-17-2011, 07:24 PM
is there any fix for not getting the patcher

mobrockers
08-17-2011, 07:33 PM
Originally posted by Praetorx14:
is there any fix for not getting the patcher

That is your problem, if the patcher isn't started, your game isn't getting verified, thus you cannot connect to the server.

Praetorx14
08-17-2011, 08:10 PM
how do I verfy it?

cazosozey
08-17-2011, 11:35 PM
Found another fix... worked for me.
Your Ubisoft game launcher may be corrupted.
1. Delete your old launcher if you have it, it would be located under:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Ubisoft\Ubisoft Game Launcher
or C:\Program Files \Ubisoft\Ubisoft Game Launcher
Just delete the "Ubisoft Game Launcher" folder completely.
2. Download the launcher separately (credit to forum user "Chris2Collins" for the link) - http://static3.cdn.ubi.com/orb...auncherInstaller.exe (http://static3.cdn.ubi.com/orbit/launcher_installer/UbisoftGameLauncherInstaller.exe)
and install.
3. Run From Dust.exe, it should open the new launcher first, then prompt you for user name and pass and steam cd key, and your good to go!
PLAY THE DAMN GAME ALREADY! THANKS UBISOFT!
Like I said, worked for me.

Praetorx14
08-18-2011, 01:34 AM
OMG THANK YOU CAZO! THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU! anyone who has the "Connection Lost" problem follow cazo's instructions! They work!

Maxloef1990
08-18-2011, 02:04 AM
its a shame that link is BROKEN!

fxu
08-18-2011, 02:36 AM
Originally posted by Maxloef1990:
its a shame that link is BROKEN!

The links works just fine.

Do a right click > save as.

Mr_Shade
08-18-2011, 04:31 AM
Guys please remember to contact Ubisoft support.

http://support.ubisoft.com/

The deleting of the host file, is something normally you should not need to do, unless it's been altered.

IronSkull43
08-18-2011, 05:37 AM
Cannot download the launcher posted on the first page. The link doesn't open and neither Chrome nor FireFox have "Save as..." anymore. Just "Save Link As..."

cazosozey
08-18-2011, 06:41 PM
Originally posted by IronSkull43:
Cannot download the launcher posted on the first page. The link doesn't open and neither Chrome nor FireFox have "Save as..." anymore. Just "Save Link As..."

Same thing...

rickbirth2
12-22-2011, 06:36 PM
this didn't work for me

zman08
12-25-2011, 06:14 AM
i originally was connecting to ubisoft server as it was saying connection failed etc. to fix it for AC2

before i did this i couldn't connect to this http://static3.cdn.ubi.com/orb...auncherInstaller.exe (http://static3.cdn.ubi.com/orbit/launcher_installer/UbisoftGameLauncherInstaller.exe). but now that i fixed it i can as i can now connect to their server

So essentially what to do
1. Try reinstalling ubisoft game launcher.
2. If doesn’t work than go to cmd and run it. Type in “net user administrator /active:no” make sure to have space between administrator and slash.
3. Go to my computer. Got to organise in tool bar and click the drop down box. Click folder and search options. Click the view tab. Unclick the “use sharing wizard(recommended) and than click show hidden files. Click apply.
4. Got back to my computer. right click c drive, click properties, open security tab, click advanced, go to owners tab and click edit . now you can click/highlight your username(if you click your name only you as the user will have the luxury to alter certain files and folders. or click/highlight administrators (which makes whole files and folders open to any user on the computer) and tick the box at the bottom at says “replace owners on subcontainers and objects. Click apply
5. Some system errors will come up. Just keep clicking continue. I had to click continue about 400 times. It might be diff for you.
6. Once all that is complete go to my computer open c drive, windows, system32, drivers, etc. right click the host file and copy. Paste it onto your desktop. Delete the host file in the etc folder. ( for some people this host file may be in the drivers folder.).
7. Go to your desktop and open the host file in notepad. Delete the lines about ubisoft. About 5 of them. For me it was these
127.0.0.1 static3.cdn.ubi.com
127.0.0.1 ubisoft-orbit.s3.amazonaws.com
127.0.0.1 onlineconfigservice.ubi.com
127.0.0.1 orbitservice.ubi.com
127.0.0.1 ubisoft-orbit-savegames.s3.amazonaws.com

But anything with ubi or ubisoft in it delete.

8. Now click save as under file name it host and file type as “all files’ and save it to the location where the original was
9. The host file on your desktop is a backup just in case.
10. Now run your game or the launcher and should be fine.
Using everyones help online from just about every forum and thread on this. This is what I composed. I wish I could have come across this

hope this helps.