PDA

View Full Version : Disc Problem

Robby_Olvey
03-02-2005, 10:59 PM
First of all, i wanna say this game is awesome and i would defintley recommend it to anyone who enjoy's first person shooters, especially if you prefer to not just "run and gun." My problem started when i was playing x-box live. I wafs in the middle of a game and just got shot and suddenly a black screen popped up saying that my disc was either scratched or dirty. However, i look at it and it is neither. I then played a couple more games and the same thing happened. I was wondering if anyone else had this problem or if anyone had any suggestions. I'll probalby just end up taking this disc back and getting a new one.
Thanks for any help you can give me..

Robby_Olvey
03-02-2005, 10:59 PM
First of all, i wanna say this game is awesome and i would defintley recommend it to anyone who enjoy's first person shooters, especially if you prefer to not just "run and gun." My problem started when i was playing x-box live. I wafs in the middle of a game and just got shot and suddenly a black screen popped up saying that my disc was either scratched or dirty. However, i look at it and it is neither. I then played a couple more games and the same thing happened. I was wondering if anyone else had this problem or if anyone had any suggestions. I'll probalby just end up taking this disc back and getting a new one.
Thanks for any help you can give me..

Tom_bz
03-02-2005, 11:29 PM
Im haveing the same problem but mine happened about once a hour or so. I just reset the xbox. It sucks but hey what can u do?

witchknot9
03-02-2005, 11:45 PM
Besides the Friends list its GR2 all over again.

The thing i found that i hate the must is the voice echo and dirty disc error! Already found 5 bugs besides these 2 and at the moment they to hard to explain. With Zoom glitch getting stuck and can't fire or nothing until you die. Afew more but going to save them for another thread! At worst this game has more bugs than GR2 but they happen alot less, but for voice echo and dirty disc error!

dustybones
03-03-2005, 12:19 AM
im getting the dirty disc thing too. sucks. i dont know if i should take it back or not if they are all like that

TrueEnemy
03-03-2005, 12:40 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Robby_Olvey:
Thanks for any help you can give me.. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I am definatley getting it too. All the time.

however I was told it has something to do with OLDER Xboxes.. but I dont know, Its really fustrating me. I dont want people to think im bailing out of a game because im a wimp.

lol

hippydude24
03-03-2005, 04:46 AM
dirty disk error is from an older xbox, with older disk drive, it happened to me with first ghost recon and others, the weird thing is some games played fine, others wouldnt even load, others froze in middle of game. i got a new xbox, but you could just buy the drive or new xbox which ever you can do. i get BIA today but i really doubt its the game. also look on date of xbox i think fromlate 2004 your drive should be good. since the begining xboxes have had 3 or 4 different brands of drives used. the newest one of course works the best no probs at all on any games.

thedumbum
03-03-2005, 05:14 AM
yeah i am on my second xbox also.. my first one had that disc problem.. just take your xbox about and clean the inside by removing all the dust and etc..

RotatableEye
03-03-2005, 09:38 AM
i used to get the dirty disc stuff jus take your xbox apart (very simple) and clean the laser with rubbing alcohol and a cue tip and put it back together hasnt done it again for me and its been a couple months

thedumbum
03-03-2005, 05:36 PM
oh i got that pop up today because i guess i hit to many buttons at once.. right after i died and my xbox is fairly new.. might of just been i overloaded it somehow but oh well it was just this one time..i just hope it doesnt happen again

doogystain
03-03-2005, 09:38 PM
Ya thats what was happining to me before my xbox blew up

five_oh_deuce
03-04-2005, 12:07 PM
does this error happens only when playing Xbox Live or while you play the SP campaign???

Tom_bz
03-04-2005, 12:12 PM
Just MP i have never seen it for single player. Somes during MP on Halo2 it does it

NightCreeper22
03-04-2005, 01:14 PM
Only does it to me online, but its only done it once out of 5 hours of already playing it online

Praetorian_Elite
03-04-2005, 03:30 PM
Hope this doesn't happen with me.

Just looked at the MFG date and it's March 2002.

I'm not gonna open it up to clean the lens if I need to. I have a CD with cleaning bristles on it so it cleans the lens while you listen to music.