PDA

View Full Version : I havent played the game yet but I have a small question...

KlNDRED
04-15-2008, 02:59 PM
Im considering getting this game simply because it looks like so much fun but i have a question.
Ive played SC1 and SC:CT and I couldnt help but notice that the Visibility meter that was in previous games is gone in this one. My question is, how do you know if you cannot be seen? Does it rely on our own judgment?

LaurenIsSoMosh
04-15-2008, 03:10 PM
The OPSAT on his back now acts as the meter.

Green means hidden.

Yellow means vulnerable.

Flashing red means spotted and under fire.

It also shows the status as a tiny, barely noticeable dot right next to your HUD objective list.

KlNDRED
04-15-2008, 03:16 PM
ohh kk ty

LaurenIsSoMosh
04-15-2008, 03:22 PM
No prob.

It was done mostly to rely less on HUD and make the game feel more real-life, but it wasn't very well accepted.

Are you going for the Xbox original or 360 version?

KlNDRED
04-15-2008, 03:28 PM
Im actually playing the demo right now lol
So far so goody. lol
I can see how it wasnt very well accepted

KlNDRED
04-15-2008, 03:30 PM
plus im color blind so that little light might not be very helpful for me lol

LaurenIsSoMosh
04-15-2008, 03:54 PM
Wow, that sucks... Sorry to hear that.

Shanghai wasn't very considerate with stuff like that.

Most of the shadows you see are dark enough to hide in, I can't really give you any tips about judging a shadow without relying on the meter, but I'm sure you have good judgment so good luck. =)

ERN456
04-15-2008, 04:02 PM
Thats what happens when you dont let only one Studio do the game like it always should have been with Montreal doing SC but ubi wanted money so they made 2 games at a time instead of one like it always shouldve been. Lousy Shanghai or person who decided to change SC http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_mad.gif

KlNDRED
04-15-2008, 04:30 PM
lol
no biggy lol
I just played the demo through 2 difficulties.
Is it just me or is hacking a comp a pain in the ***? lol
Like it takes 5 sec for a number to freeze which gives you only 10 sec to do all 4 numbers.

LaurenIsSoMosh
04-15-2008, 09:41 PM
Look for the frozen numbers, move your cursor over top and click it, and it will automatically lock the entire row.

KlNDRED
04-16-2008, 07:24 AM
kk ty
another question lol
While playing the demo and i was in the shadow of the building. My light was green. So you mean to tell me if a guard was next to me, he wouldnt be able to see me? I would assume that in a level like this one, that the only way to hide is behind a physical object because its such a sunny day.

LaurenIsSoMosh
04-16-2008, 12:37 PM
Correct, they wouldn't be able to see you unless they were literally standing right next to you.

Daylight missions put emphasis on line of sight stealth but shadows still function as hiding places.

Splitted_Cell
04-17-2008, 11:35 PM
Originally posted by KlNDRED:
Im considering getting this game simply because it looks like so much fun but i have a question.
Ive played SC1 and SC:CT and I couldnt help but notice that the Visibility meter that was in previous games is gone in this one. My question is, how do you know if you cannot be seen? Does it rely on our own judgment?

http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_confused.gifwhat game is that. I have SC1,SCPT and SC DA and they all have light meters.

LaurenIsSoMosh
04-21-2008, 07:48 AM
He's talking about Double Agent.

The first three use meters, but not Double Agent.