PDA

View Full Version : ghost storms not leting me use deck gun.

fordfan25
03-19-2005, 04:17 AM
seems every time i try to use the deck gun it tells me i cant because of a storm yet there is no storm. could this be a bug?

ianboys
03-19-2005, 05:24 AM
The Dev Team say that it should say "rough seas" instead of storm, but I've had this on perfect flt seas after a storm. It seems to me the code doesn't reset or something ...

Speedbrake
03-19-2005, 05:35 AM
I think you are refering to the nvidia bug that has been talked about so much. The current workaround is found in the patch v1.1 by hitting Ctrl-P.

TASKFORCE1x1
03-19-2005, 05:37 AM
I heard that also and the dev team mentioned they will word it better for the next patch 1.2 "rough seas"

flyinj
03-19-2005, 05:40 AM
Yeah they worded the error somewhat wrong. It should have read "It's too wavy to use the deck gun". There is a certain wave height threshold to which you can't use the deck gun anymore.

Just go down there yourself when you're in big swells... it's completely underwater 75% of the time.

I just had a patrol south of iceland, and there were HUGE swells the entire time. Couldn't use my deck gun once. Made me a lot better at using the manual TDC as well as "shooting from the hip" with torps.

Dominicrigg
03-19-2005, 06:17 AM
There are some times when the water isnt coming onto the deck and you still cant use it, though i guess this is because the ship is rocking too much.

You do need a stable ship to fire the deck gun, and when its rocking it would be virtually imposs to shoot well. Thats mainly why they took the guns off (with other reasons inc air patrols) The atlantic deep sea is just too rough.

Also remember if you are like me its winter in your game, so the sea will be ****ty!!!

quillan
03-19-2005, 07:37 AM
While I haven't yet been able to use the deck gun, I have to admit that the sea is always crashing over the bow of the sub when I'm on the bridge, so that does make sense. What I'm not convinced about, is whether or not that constantly rough sea is correct. I know the Atlantic is known for bad weather, but this seems a little excessive to me.

Adlerson
03-19-2005, 09:35 AM
I agree, Quillan. Having grown up on the coast of Norway I've seen that even mid-winter there are quite a few days with relative calm days. It does seem like they should shift the enviroment towards about 10-20% more towards calmer conditions.

Addy

fordfan25
03-19-2005, 01:47 PM
thanks for the feed back guys but even when the boat is not rocking and the sea looks preaty calm thay wont man the guns. iv spent alot of time on sea going ships. some much smaller than the subs in this sim. and i have a good idea what is to rough. im not saying thay should be snipers all the time but come on, were the germans that big of a bunch of sissys that thay were scared thay might get a little sea spray on them lol?

Kosigan86
03-19-2005, 02:24 PM
Having the exact same problem myself. I'm pretty confident that there's a bug involved in this somewhere.

I've been in perfectly calm seas before (5 meter winds) and all my watchmen had their raingear on as if there was a storm. Couldn't man the deck/flak gun - even when a plane tried to attack me!

Another time, I was in a storm and only one of my watchmen was wearing a raincoat, albeit the waves weren't too high (only 7mps wind) - but still, only one guy?

Something is definitely wrong here.

gamesurfer14
03-19-2005, 04:09 PM
i had that problem to but i foxed it by hiting P for periscope depth and the S for surface and it fixed it all the guys where in the right suits and the deck and flak worked but it seem to be that thw wind has to be 5 and below for the deck gun to wrok