PDA

View Full Version : How to walk by default

acrh2
11-22-2004, 08:34 PM
I need to figure out a way to set the game up to walk w/o holding a key, and run when you hold one down (sprint is another key, but that's trivial). The reason is since the beginning of time (doom1), I've been holding shift with my pinky to run, and I would then release it to walk, if needed. In most fps games there's an option called "always run". It's on by defualt, but all I need to do is turn it off to make it my way. In CS / CS:S, you can set up 2 aliases that reverse +speed / -speed bindings, and that also works how I prefer.
What can one do with this game?

acrh2
11-22-2004, 08:34 PM
I need to figure out a way to set the game up to walk w/o holding a key, and run when you hold one down (sprint is another key, but that's trivial). The reason is since the beginning of time (doom1), I've been holding shift with my pinky to run, and I would then release it to walk, if needed. In most fps games there's an option called "always run". It's on by defualt, but all I need to do is turn it off to make it my way. In CS / CS:S, you can set up 2 aliases that reverse +speed / -speed bindings, and that also works how I prefer.
What can one do with this game?