PDA

View Full Version : A new update?

ECOsvaldo
05-22-2010, 05:40 AM
I just popped in Conviction and said there was a new update available. Has anyone got this yet? If so, does anyone know what the update does?

Gazdakka
05-22-2010, 06:08 AM
Originally posted by ecosvaldo:
I just popped in Conviction and said there was a new update available. Has anyone got this yet? If so, does anyone know what the update does?

I'm willing to bet that it's most certainly nothing useful.

RicFer
05-22-2010, 08:19 AM
I'm curious. This is for XBOX 360? What kind of update is? It contains some useful stealth skills?

ANT4T4
05-22-2010, 08:37 AM
Got the update, i haven't noticed anything fixed, maybe the acheivments? Otherwise nothing on my end.

Aveelo
05-22-2010, 08:55 AM
Maybe For Fix freeze And Add The DLC

NYC_Elite
05-22-2010, 09:07 AM
Probably an achievement fix.

Originally posted by Aveelo:
Maybe For Fix freeze And Add The DLC

DLC isn't until next week.

JFL13
05-22-2010, 09:37 AM
I can confirm it fixed the Realistic Achievement bug that i experienced, among many other gamers.

ryanwag
05-22-2010, 09:59 AM
Originally posted by JFL13:
I can confirm it fixed the Realistic Achievement bug that i experienced, among many other gamers.
yeah well i wont get them achievements because i alrdy returned the game and only way to get em is to do the update on the game which i dont have..thanks ubi

NYC_Elite
05-22-2010, 10:05 AM
Originally posted by ryanwag:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by JFL13:
yeah well i wont get them achievements because i alrdy returned the game and only way to get em is to do the update on the game which i dont have..thanks ubi </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Rent.

ryanwag
05-22-2010, 10:16 AM
Originally posted by NYC_Elite:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ryanwag:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by JFL13:
yeah well i wont get them achievements because i alrdy returned the game and only way to get em is to do the update on the game which i dont have..thanks ubi </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Rent. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
im not renting the game for an achievement i shoulda gotten a long time ago

NYC_Elite
05-22-2010, 10:39 AM
Originally posted by ryanwag:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by NYC_Elite:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ryanwag:

im not renting the game for an achievement i shoulda gotten a long time ago </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well bugs happen, and although Ubisoft took an extremely long time to fix it and you shouldn't necessarily keep a game that is losing value very quickly just to get some virtual numbers and achievements, you can't complain that you made a decision before a solution arrived.

ryanwag
05-22-2010, 11:24 AM
Originally posted by NYC_Elite:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by NYC_Elite:

im not renting the game for an achievement i shoulda gotten a long time ago </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well bugs happen, and although Ubisoft took an extremely long time to fix it and you shouldn't necessarily keep a game that is losing value very quickly just to get some virtual numbers and achievements, you can't complain that you made a decision before a solution arrived. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
sure i can because there shouldnt have been a problem in the first place.
considering they have the same problem for every other game they make with the realistic achievement.

yoda1138777
05-22-2010, 01:02 PM
Why is it xbox and gaming companies find it so hard not to tell us what these updates are for and what they do?

We paid good money is it really that hard to inform us of WTF is going on?

There is a reason I want to know what the update does before I am forced to update.

There are times updates are worse than the original ie. Microsoft Windows updates

SO again what does this update DO?

Crucify Lucifer
05-22-2010, 01:02 PM
Originally posted by JFL13:

I second that, just got my realistic achievement and finally have my 1000G. Thanks Ubi for clearing that up. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

oO_ShadowFox_Oo
05-22-2010, 05:18 PM
Why hasn't Ubi even MENTIONED this patch or released a fix list?

Should be no surprise really, what with their post release support record.

gamertam
05-23-2010, 02:43 AM
Same. Got the achievement on realistic for single player mode after the update when sign in to play SCC online. Cool. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

A Stealthy Lamp
05-23-2010, 05:09 AM
I noticed that it autosaves after you have been in the weapons or uniform section on the main menu, and i don't recall it being there before the update.

Andre202
05-23-2010, 05:17 AM
Originally posted by oO_ShadowFox_Oo:
Why hasn't Ubi even MENTIONED this patch or released a fix list?

Should be no surprise really, what with their post release support record.
I feel the same. In the Battlefield forums you get always updates what the patch will include and when it could came out if the QA doesn't find any issues with the patch. When there are problems with the patch then they say that they need more time to fix the issues in the patch.

In the german forums one guy said that he only noticed that after the loading times are longer now or have "lags".

ANT4T4
05-23-2010, 08:34 AM
they are indeed longer, during deniable ops loading out, after you change weapon sets and such, the game saves for a few seconds before you can actually move the cursor again.

NRMansfield
05-25-2010, 07:05 PM
This list of things this update does is posted at the very top of this forum, or via this link.
http://forums.ubi.com/eve/foru...1091065/m/9411061468 (http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/5271091065/m/9411061468)
Now, does anyone know how to unlock the P99 after this fix. I seem to be having trouble.