PDA

View Full Version : Newbie - Trigger Maru or RFB and auto TDC

beartooth91
11-22-2007, 03:08 PM
Folks,

Longtime player of SH1 & SH2. New to SH4, but, having lots of fun. I'm considering installing the Trigger Maru or RFB mods. My question is can I still use the auto (casual) TDC targeting with either of these mods ? As I get a little better, I'll take the plunge with manual TDC targeting. Secondly, I have a saved career. Do I have to delete it before installing either of the mods ?
Thanks
beartooth91

beartooth91
11-22-2007, 03:08 PM
Folks,

Longtime player of SH1 & SH2. New to SH4, but, having lots of fun. I'm considering installing the Trigger Maru or RFB mods. My question is can I still use the auto (casual) TDC targeting with either of these mods ? As I get a little better, I'll take the plunge with manual TDC targeting. Secondly, I have a saved career. Do I have to delete it before installing either of the mods ?
Thanks
beartooth91

tambor198
11-22-2007, 05:48 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by beartooth91:
Folks,

Thanks
beartooth91 </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

There is something called MultiSHIV (http://www.subsim.com/subsim_files/patches2005.html) that will allow you to install two separate games so you can give both mods a try. And yes you will need to start new careers for both mods.

To use MultiSHIV you'll need to take a copy of SHIV patched with the 1.3 patch to a separate folder. You can name that folder anything you please, just so you know what it represents. Now copy the SHIV patched to 1.3 into that folder, then using the JSGME you can install the mods into each game game. Now here is where MultiSHIV comes into play. Put the file into the game folder and double-click on it. This will set a game save folder in My Documents. Now using the SHIV.exe in that game folder start SHIV, go in and start a career which will activate the game save folder and now you have a career started in that mod whether it be RFB or TM.

If you should have some questions about this feel free to ask, I will try to help you out.

Good Luck and Good Hunting. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif