PDA

View Full Version : OFFICIAL: Next AC game to be released next year !

xXxDAL978xXx
11-26-2010, 05:19 PM
What do you guys think of it ?. After Brotherhood, i didn't think that we would be seeing another AC until atleast 2012. CAN'T WAIT !

http://news.filefront.com/anot...11-ubisoft-confirms/ (http://news.filefront.com/another-assassins-creed-in-2011-ubisoft-confirms/)

(Also, Ubisoft is working on Splinter Cell 6).

EdgeX4
11-26-2010, 05:25 PM
Whatever this game ends up being, I just hope they take the time to really make it epic. 1 year seems little for that...but whatever, If they do manage to pull out AC3 in a year...well that'll be that...I guess with different studios working on different parts of the games they might be able to.

reecethebest
11-26-2010, 05:30 PM
isn't it the ds one?

nodley2012
11-26-2010, 05:35 PM
the ds one isn't a big game, they are saying a big AC game which makes me think of ps3 and xbox not a stupid ds.

@EdgeX4
They could have been working on it since AC2 was finished so im hoping that it is AC3

Redfeather1975
11-26-2010, 05:40 PM
Back when I played Guild Wars, I remember for a bit they had two development teams. Each team was working on their own title, that way they could have both team's 2 year development cycles contribute to yearly releases.

rb2610
11-26-2010, 05:50 PM
If they managed to use their multiple teams to create a pretty long singleplayer campaign (albeit using some recycled elements) plus a multiplayer they had never had before in about the same amount of time I'm sure they can pull of AC3 in a year no problems http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif

Wind91
11-26-2010, 06:25 PM
if it's AC3 i hope they were working on a new engine for it while Brotherhood was being made, cuz the graphics need an update the age is showing, even though it got great scores most of the reviewers did remark that they would need to give it an upgrade.

AC3 would make sense though assuming the reason ACB was produced at multiple studios was because the core team was busy on AC3. I just hope he doesnt mean AC: Lost Legacy haha

assassin_zombie
11-27-2010, 01:51 AM
Originally posted by Wind91:
if it's AC3 i hope they were working on a new engine for it while Brotherhood was being made, cuz the graphics need an update the age is showing, even though it got great scores most of the reviewers did remark that they would need to give it an upgrade.

SERIOUSLY! if they are going to release a new AC game BY NEXT YEAR they have to update the graphics they are seriously getting old and im sure every one agrees its time ubisoft came out with a nergasim worthy graphics update. SERIOUSLY UBISOFT, i dont want to get burned again by your unwillingness to up the poly count

SWJS
11-27-2010, 02:49 AM
im sure every one agrees its time ubisoft came out with a nergasim worthy graphics update
Ahem, have a look at my signature.

MT4K
11-27-2010, 04:40 AM
your signature is also very true eziotheassassin

heck i still fully enjoy playing snes games, those graphics suck compared to todays but i still have way more fun on some of those than i do the newest releases

MaciejMarchewka
11-27-2010, 04:52 AM
its only me :P but guys from Ubisoft might working on AC3 for some time now,like end of 2011 will be time of releasing the game.at novadays everything goes a lot faster anyway :P :P

cless711
11-27-2010, 07:20 AM
Originally posted by EzioTheAssassin:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">im sure every one agrees its time ubisoft came out with a nergasim worthy graphics update
Ahem, have a look at my signature. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I agree to your signature because i still play those really old games that have bad graphics, but the gameplay and plot of the game are great!

CRUDFACE
11-27-2010, 07:50 AM
I heard that AC3 is still aiming for a 2012 release with some dlc near march and a MAJOR UPDATE near the end of 2011.

assassin087
11-27-2010, 09:17 AM
I heard ubi plans on taking a breather. They should take a breather. I would rather have an awesome game in 2012 than a good in in 2011.

mustangmaniak20
11-27-2010, 11:26 AM
Please dont suck, please dont suck, please dont suck...

SteelCity999
12-02-2010, 07:25 PM
**SPOILERS*** Maybe we will see Ezio die and Claudia carry on the assassins.....why introduce the notion that she is an assassin and not continue with it??? It's kinda a stretch but there is story to be had there....

SAVMATIC
12-02-2010, 10:17 PM
Originally posted by assassin087:
I heard ubi plans on taking a breather.
Old news, they have since said otherwise.

And no, the game will not be carried on by Claudia.

DeSabellis
12-03-2010, 11:01 AM
They have invested a lot of money and faith in this series. They will not make a bad game- I think everyone here knows that they plan on making this a very long cycle. For that to occur, people have to like it.

Sometimes, capitalism is our friend.

recklesschords
12-03-2010, 01:55 PM
Originally posted by DeSabellis:
They have invested a lot of money and faith in this series. They will not make a bad game- I think everyone here knows that they plan on making this a very long cycle. For that to occur, people have to like it.

Amen. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/clap.gif

Ruairs
12-04-2010, 05:42 AM
I thought it would be good to wait till 2012 to make AC3, seeing as Brotherhood will be played for a long time due to multiplayer.
So i thought it was strange when they announced a new game for 2011, but all i can say is i trust Ubisoft to make the game good. A lot of people were just as sceptical at Brotherhood turning out badly due to the quick turn-around and look at how that has done!
Plus, Assassins Creed now brings in a lot of the money for Ubisoft, now being one of its flagship franchises.
All im saying is im sure what Ubisoft bring out next year will be great, but a few large DLC packs wasnt a bad idea either

ElGrandeLupo
12-04-2010, 08:20 AM

And sometimes capitalism is our enemy.

ACB is compared to AC II nothing more than a very expensive expansion.
1: Way too short.
2: Way to few missions considering the large country side which is largely useless after completing renevations ( i guess they already knew this since they added the Copernico missions for free ).
3: Too many glitches.

I am a devoted AC fan but ACB was rushed too much imho.

tyrce111
12-04-2010, 08:27 AM
Acb is a very good game in my opinion...
No where as long as ac2 but it was a good edition to ezios story...
As always, I am looking forward to how they are going to start this game off...
Obviously with a big supprise and a lot of confusion...

Avl521
12-04-2010, 09:14 AM

NO! Capitalism will never be our friend!
(Remember it was devised by templars :P)

Now being serious, I don't mind if the game comes out at the end of 2011 or 2012 as long as it's an incredibly awesome game, I think it's true that graphics don't make a game, but I think if you have great grphics and an even better gameplay, the game is so much more enjoyable. I think Ubi should make the Anvil 2.0 or something to make better graphics and improve and add to everything they have already done. Plus since most likely we'll spend more time with Desmond in the modern 2012 era, the graphics should have a major improvement.
And also make sure there are no bugs or glitches... sometimes while fighting ezio would start walking away from the fight and wouldn't stop, in "the truth.exe" I got stuck on a stair like 3 times, and the game froze while riding a horse.