PDA

View Full Version : Pixel Shader 3 Problem/....

keeganr
01-15-2006, 01:29 PM
I just installed a 7800GTX and I am having problems when I try to use PS 3.0 When I start the game everything is cached and then the entire screen is black except for a faint outline of Sams body. Any ideas?

Spekkio9
01-15-2006, 03:12 PM
After installing your card, did you install the proper drivers? My guess is you used windows drivers which are generic and don't produce the best performance. So this is how you go about updating your drivers:

1. Download the latest drivers from http://www.nvidia.com.
2. Download Driver Cleaner (google it) and install it.
3. Uninstall your current drivers. If they are normal NVidia drivers, uninstall using the add/remove programs section in the control panel. If they are windows drivers, go into the control panel, change it to the 'classic view', then double click on system. Click on the hardware tab. Click on device manager. Click on the + sign next to display adapters, right click on the adapter, and click uninstall. Also, if you have more than one display adapter, make sure to uninstall them all.
4. After the uninstall, you will be prompted to restart the computer. Say no.
5. Go to start, run. Type msconfig in the command line, and press enter. Click on the BOOT.INI tab, and put a check mark next to /SAFEBOOT. Say ok/apply.
6. Restart your computer
7. The computer will boot in safe mode. When windows prompts you to install new hardware, cancel the screen. Run driver cleaner for NVidia drivers.
8. Go to start, run, and type msconfig again and hit enter. Go to the BOOT.INI tab and uncheck /SAFEBOOT. Hit apply/ok and restart the computer.
9. Upon restart, you will once again be prompted to install the card. Cancel it again. Then double click on the NVidia drivers you downloaded from the site, and follow the instructions as prompted.

And you have now successfully performed a clean driver install. Come back if the problem is still present.

keeganr
01-15-2006, 03:29 PM
Sorry you wasted that much time but I installed the latest nvidia drivers when I installed the card, right after a clean install. I am thinking of reinstalling the drivers and dx9 to see what happens. Thanks though.

keeganr
01-17-2006, 02:38 PM
The problem is only when I enable tome mapping...

Niggly65
01-22-2006, 08:20 AM
Hey there,

Exactly the same problem here.

Latest VGA drivers, etc etc.

Same black screen with a blue outline on sam, switch on night vision and all you get is a big white ball of light(can't see anything).

If you have worked it out let me know.

Cheers

sniperbr0
01-22-2006, 09:21 AM
then disable tone mapping, u wont miss anything

acdx
01-22-2006, 09:53 AM
Yup, tone mapping is more annoying than useful.

NeVerDown144
01-22-2006, 11:39 AM
what is it? ^_^

Wolf68k
01-23-2006, 12:52 PM
Originally posted by NeVerDown144:
what is it? ^_^
http://www.beyond3d.com/misc/benchguide/index.php?p=sc3