PDA

View Full Version : Ubi -com Multiplay Debacle

Mattly
03-29-2005, 02:57 AM
Hi All

You probably already know about this, but i just want to express my total disappointment in Ubi com for there **** multiplayer system. Myself and many of my friends have been trying to multiplay together for several nights now and we have found joining is a total hit and miss affair. This has nothing to do with your machine or windows, it has everything to do with Ubi Scum. You should NOT be able to advertise internet multiplay if you are unable to offer it in 99% of cases. I hope thay have people working overtime trying to remedy this problem, but somehow i doubt it. I certainly haven't seen any offical response from then acknowledging this bug and telling us they are onto it? Please post here if you are another victim of this problem

Regards

Very unhappy submariner.

Mattly
03-29-2005, 02:57 AM
Hi All

You probably already know about this, but i just want to express my total disappointment in Ubi com for there **** multiplayer system. Myself and many of my friends have been trying to multiplay together for several nights now and we have found joining is a total hit and miss affair. This has nothing to do with your machine or windows, it has everything to do with Ubi Scum. You should NOT be able to advertise internet multiplay if you are unable to offer it in 99% of cases. I hope thay have people working overtime trying to remedy this problem, but somehow i doubt it. I certainly haven't seen any offical response from then acknowledging this bug and telling us they are onto it? Please post here if you are another victim of this problem

Regards

Very unhappy submariner.

Black-Phoenix
03-29-2005, 02:58 AM
Read the sticky notes, they've mentioned it http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Mattly
03-29-2005, 03:06 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Black-Phoenix:
Read the sticky notes, they've mentioned it http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

From what i read they only acknowledge a problem with routers and none of us here in New Zealand are even using F$%^ routers, just adsl modems. So please point me to where they acknowledge this is a universal problem.

Grimorix
03-29-2005, 05:27 AM
why can't you play..?

did you 'alt-tab 2x' after clicking on the join game button..?

I admit the ready up button is a stupid bug.. but I can work around it like many others...

and the random generator is also good for multiplay.. I just wished the DD"s where more of a challenge in a wolfpack of 8

SS.DJSatane
03-29-2005, 12:04 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Grimorix:
why can't you play..?

did you 'alt-tab 2x' after clicking on the join game button..?

I admit the ready up button is a stupid bug.. but I can work around it like many others...

and the random generator is also good for multiplay.. I just wished the DD"s where more of a challenge in a wolfpack of 8 <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Maybe they should include that little note in game manual, readme and when you enter UBI lobby since many players who try multiplayer never read forums, they will get discouraged by not being able to play.