PDA

View Full Version : Player levels

Blind2Society
06-21-2011, 01:04 PM
I have this issue since I started playing ACB MP, which was pretty much right after the game was released (after I beat single player of course) but I just decided to bring it up now. I'm wondering if anyone else has experienced this and if anyone knows a possible solution.

THE ISSUE:
Ever since I started playing I have not been able to see the levels of the people I'm playing against. From what I understood they were supposed to show up to the left of their name pre-game. For me, all say 1 including mine.

So today I decided to play again after a long hiatus and what do you know, theyre they are. Well, the next game they were gone again and they haven't come back.

Anybody have any idea?

obliviondoll
06-21-2011, 01:18 PM
Possibly that you don't have, or have a corrupt install of, the Templar Grade update?

Before the update where that was implemented fully, Ranked matches had numbers 1 - 9 for the various ranks, and 0 for unranked players. Most players who are actually active will be new players with 0, or GMs at 1, with occasional Masters at 2 (usually people who have played, but not much, or are new). And if you're a GM, you're more likely than not to only be up against other GMs these days.

So the ones where you get player levels will be Player Matches, the ones with all 1s are Ranked.

Probably.

Blind2Society
06-21-2011, 01:34 PM
Thanks for the reply but I got confused reading you post. I'm talking about levels as in 1-50. Is that what you're talking about?

obliviondoll
06-21-2011, 01:56 PM
Originally posted by Blind2Society:
Thanks for the reply but I got confused reading you post. I'm talking about levels as in 1-50. Is that what you're talking about?
Level 1 - 50 is what you see in Player Matches.

Templar Grades are shown instead in Ranked.

If you're not seeing the symbols for them, the numbers only go from 1 - 9, and NOBODY who actually plays is anything other than 1 for more than a couple of weeks, because there are too many inactive players filling up the lower ranks.

Blind2Society
06-21-2011, 02:12 PM
I'm not sure, I think you and I are in a different chapter of the same book. Just for reference I only really play ranked wanted.

In game, say when you hit select or in the class selection screen, it displays the player's templar grade icon to the right of their name and the place they are in (1-8) to the left. Before a match even begins the templar grade icon is to the right of there name and to left is supposed to be there rank (1-50). For me, however, it simply says 1 for everybody (both ranked and player matches). Though today, for one match only, it actually showed everyone's rank. Me and one other were 50, one guy was 49 and the rest were all below 10.

obliviondoll
06-21-2011, 02:16 PM
I'm not sure, I think you and I are in a different chapter of the same book. Just for reference I only really play ranked wanted.

In game, say when you hit select or in the class selection screen, it displays the player's templar grade icon to the right of their name and the place they are in (1-8) to the left. Before a match even begins the templar grade icon is to the right of there name and to left is supposed to be there rank (1-50). For me, however, it simply says 1 for everybody (both ranked and player matches). Though today, for one match only, it actually showed everyone's rank. Me and one other were 50, one guy was 49 and the rest were all below 10.
Nope.

On Ranked matches, you only see their Templar Grade, not their level, on every screen.

If you see the level, it's because the game put you in a Player Match instead (sometimes happens).

Blind2Society
06-21-2011, 04:08 PM
Ailight now I see what you're talking about. The last time I picked player to check, it must have put me in ranked because the levels weren't there. I tried again and they are there. It must have put me in a player match earlier and that's why they showed up when I thought I was playing ranked.

I think it's pretty lame I can't see the level of the players I'm playing against in ranked. They need to fix that.

Anyway, Thanks a bunch and I apologise for the brain fart http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

obliviondoll
06-21-2011, 07:22 PM
Ailight now I see what you're talking about. The last time I picked player to check, it must have put me in ranked because the levels weren't there. I tried again and they are there. It must have put me in a player match earlier and that's why they showed up when I thought I was playing ranked.

I think it's pretty lame I can't see the level of the players I'm playing against in ranked. They need to fix that.

Anyway, Thanks a bunch and I apologise for the brain fart http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif
It circumvents reliance on what level players are and balances things based on skill.

If TG hadn't been effectively ruined by the prevalence of inactive players, that would be a good thing.

Now everyone who's playing is either unranked or at least Master level.

Blind2Society
06-21-2011, 08:04 PM
Oh yea, what does the 1 to the left of every single players name mean again? I didn't quite understand it the first time you explained.

obliviondoll
06-21-2011, 08:06 PM
Oh yea, what does the 1 to the left of every single players name mean again? I didn't quite understand it the first time you explained.
1 means Grand Master.
2 means Master
etc. (Can't remember what the other levels are)

KletusCreed
06-21-2011, 08:10 PM
Re-Read post maybe?
Meh for your ease I'll just qoute it.

oh and good explaining Oblivion

Originally posted by obliviondoll:
Possibly that you don't have, or have a corrupt install of, the Templar Grade update?

Before the update where that was implemented fully, Ranked matches had numbers 1 - 9 for the various ranks, and 0 for unranked players. Most players who are actually active will be new players with 0, or GMs at 1, with occasional Masters at 2 (usually people who have played, but not much, or are new). And if you're a GM, you're more likely than not to only be up against other GMs these days.

So the ones where you get player levels will be Player Matches, the ones with all 1s are Ranked.

Probably.

Blind2Society
06-21-2011, 09:34 PM
Originally posted by KletusCreed:
Re-Read post maybe?
Meh for your ease I'll just qoute it. I stated that I didn't understand the first time, twice, and asked him to re-explain. He did and I understood.

In short, you and your condescending, pointless posts are unwelcome.

@Oblivion: Thanks for the info and clarifying all that for me. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

obliviondoll
06-21-2011, 09:50 PM
In short, you and your condescending, pointless posts are unwelcome.
You already have an answer for that too...

Originally posted by KletusCreed:
I always sound condescending without intending to, please don't take it personally. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Sorry, had to be said http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif

But you're welcome, I'm glad I managed to clarify that for you.

Blind2Society
06-21-2011, 10:21 PM
Wow, how did I miss that? http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/blush.gif I apologise soooo much for that. But still the post was unecessary http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Mouse03
06-22-2011, 02:17 AM
Isn't it in player matches, it'll only show you the level players are at if people aren't at level 50?
So you can have 8 players, but if even 1 of those isn't level 50 yet, it'll show you everyone's level, showing 50 at 7/8 players, and whatever level the other player is at.

It will have a full purple hexogon (is it?) if everyone is level 50.

After that, you start having purple hexagons with symbols in them. I have no idea what the ranking is, or what the symbols mean, but i'm guessing that's the Templar Stuff.

This reply is really a bunch of questions more than statements, lol, but am i understanding this correctly?

obliviondoll
06-22-2011, 04:57 AM
Originally posted by Mouse03:
It will have a full purple hexogon (is it?) if everyone is level 50.
The blank hexagon is the "unranked" symbol on Templar Grade.

Abstergo logo is Grand Master, Templar cross covers Master and the next few ranks, with Master having all 6 sides of the hexagon highlighted, and the others having progressively fewer.

There are other symbols as well, but you VERY rarely see any but the GM and Master symbols now.

And if those show up, you ARE in Ranked, and your scores will be applied to Ranked, and to your Templar Grade, whether you chose to play Ranked or not.

OP isn't getting those symbols on some screens they're meant to show up on though, and is instead getting numbers, which means, as I said, either not on the latest update for some reason, or one of the updates installed incorrectly - instead of seeing the symbols when he's starting a match, he's getting numbers 1 - 9 (as we all did when they first started integrating the TG features into the game)