PDA

View Full Version : what I want to see

ironmac
01-03-2008, 02:52 PM
P.S. Keep the 3rd person mode I love it. I'm sick of all of these fps out there. Thats's whats wrong with COD in my opinion.
I would like if you could customize the controls so that you can just throw a grenade instead of having to open a menu selection screen-(like Rainbow 6) I would also like a cover fire system where you can blind fire (KillSwitch). AM I ALONE IN THE UNIVERSE?

MeanMF
01-03-2008, 02:56 PM
Originally posted by ironmac:
AM I ALONE IN THE UNIVERSE?
I hope so.

snapkracklepop
01-03-2008, 03:40 PM
Originally posted by MeanMF:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ironmac:
I hope so. </div></BLOCKQUOTE> As do I. Why do you people want every game to be in third person? COD4 came out and all you do is complain that it isn't in third person and that you can't see through wall. Why does every game have to be the same?

ironmac
01-04-2008, 07:59 AM
My problem with FPS is that I don't feel like I am emersed in the game. All I see of my character is the end of a gun. I like being able to pop out fire and cover, like I would do in the real world, Second of all let me be clear, (it's just my opinion but...) Call of duty 4 is by far the best all around shooter 3rd ofr fps that I've played. True it's a short game but I don't care, First of all I AM A GRWON MAN- I DON'T HAVE 5-10 HOURS A DAY TO PLAY A GAME. I work and have family responsibilities, so a good 4-5 hour long game to me is better than a so-so 8 hour game.
I don't hate on FPS it just seems like the 3PS gamers are being forgotten. I liked Rainbow 6 Vegas, it was and is a great game, but when I found out you could make it 3ps I LOVED it. I wish developers would give the gamer an option. There are a ton of games out there that I have not bought because they were FPS, and if developers added that in the options menu they could attract more gamers. And let's not be stupid this is a business, and success or failure is measured in units sold.

MeanMF
01-04-2008, 08:39 AM
My problem with FPS is that I don't feel like I am emersed in the game. All I see of my character is the end of a gun. I like being able to pop out fire and cover, like I would do in the real world
Do you normally walk around in life watching yourself from behind? Can you see through walls, trees, and rocks too?

Cons72
01-04-2008, 09:08 AM
My problem with FPS is that I don't feel like I am emersed in the game. All I see of my character is the end of a gun. I like being able to pop out fire and cover, like I would do in the real world, Second of all let me be clear, (it's just my opinion but...) Call of duty 4 is by far the best all around shooter 3rd ofr fps that I've played. True it's a short game but I don't care, First of all I AM A GRWON MAN- I DON'T HAVE 5-10 HOURS A DAY TO PLAY A GAME. I work and have family responsibilities, so a good 4-5 hour long game to me is better than a so-so 8 hour game.
I don't hate on FPS it just seems like the 3PS gamers are being forgotten. I liked Rainbow 6 Vegas, it was and is a great game, but when I found out you could make it 3ps I LOVED it. I wish developers would give the gamer an option. There are a ton of games out there that I have not bought because they were FPS, and if developers added that in the options menu they could attract more gamers. And let's not be stupid this is a business, and success or failure is measured in units sold.

Your idea of how things would work in the real world seems to be based entirely on Hollywood action movies and video games.

1. You would not have a grenade in hand to instantly throw in half a second while also having your main weapon in hand - or do you have at least three arms? It takes a moment or two to secure your primary, grab a secondary weapon (grenade)and pull the pin (not with your teeth).

2. You would not put your back to a wall and swing around 180 degrees to take a shot. You would be facing in the direction you are engaging at all times at no more than a 90 degree angle, with your shoulder up against the wall and lean out.

3. The stuff about in RL not being able to see around corners without leaning out or watch yourself from behind, yadda, yadda...

So, in summary, yes you are alone.

AI BLUEFOX
01-04-2008, 10:32 AM
He's not alone on the FPV/TPV issue.

If you look back over previous threads, you'll see plenty of arguments about it. To avoid going over old ground I'll just say, "the usual".

ironmac
01-05-2008, 11:49 AM
cons72- all of your points are very valid, and good. And bring about a big point that developers of military shooters constantly deal with, and that is at what point does too much reality make a game no longer fun. For example in real life if you throw a smoke grenade it takes quite some time to fill up an open area, and the list of other real life VS gamer-demands goes on and on. And maybe you and the others out there who agree with you want that degree of realism where you have to stop, switch gear-grab and throw a grenade (and that's cool) but me I just wanna throw a damn grenade and keep firing, I know it's not real, hell the whole premise of Graw 2 is unreal. your gonna send in a 4 man team to deal with terrorists who have nuclear capabilities in MEXICO (c'mon have you been to mexico- I think they just got dial-up last month). There was a bad rumor that Iraq had WMD, and hell we threw everything including the kitchen sink at them. We caught their "president" turned him over to the UN where he was executed, we dismantled his regime, threw the country into a civil war that we're now cleaning up and I don't think we found a butcher knife. I can concede that perhaps I am as not as hard core Para-military shooter as others might be. I don't really want a high degree of realism. I just love intense firefights-BIG LOUD GUNS and-SH*t blowing up all over- and maybe that's hollywood but the rest of America agrees with me because those movies always do better at the box office (as a genre)than the reality based- or love stories. I saw Terminator and Alien2 at least 6 times each, I've yet to sit threw fried green tomatoes, steel Magnolias, Bonfire of the Vanities, yadda yadda yadda...

snapkracklepop
01-05-2008, 02:21 PM
I think you would enjoy a little-known game we call Halo. Halo is exactly what you want. You just need to press a button to throw a grenade and there is always some action. How do you compare a romance movie to a Tac-sim?

Mr.Hanky2005
01-05-2008, 02:30 PM

Yes, you are.

Cons72
01-05-2008, 06:00 PM
I just wanna throw a damn grenade and keep firing, I know it's not real... I don't really want a high degree of realism. I just love intense firefights-BIG LOUD GUNS and-SH*t blowing up all over- ...

Then play one of the hundreds of other shooters that are out there and stop asking for one of the very few more realistic shooters to be changed into a clone of all those other shooters.

I don't go onto the Halo, etc. forums asking that they make the game more realistic.

I like variety in my games. When I want to play a faster paced shooter I put one of those games in.