PDA

View Full Version : RETURN THIS GAME

Blades1965
03-29-2005, 11:11 AM
Folks...I want to reinforce that YOU have the power here. Send the Publisher a loud a clear message that you/we will not tolerate this type of unfinished garbage to be released. I recommend we return this game en-mass as a "defective product". Trust that most stores (and mail order houses) for that matter will allow you to return the product if it is truly defective (which it is) to get a store credit for a totaly different product. I returned my copy to EB yesterday using this tactic, and it worked great (I also had printouts of the posts from the this board detaining all the issues - which providd more leverage).

I have also written letters to all National chains that I have seen that stock this item, detailing the bugs, issues, and overall defective nature of the game - urging them to recall it, as it is unfair to sell to their customers and reflects bad on them.

If we all take these proactive measures en-mass, we will help to teach the publisher and industry that this tyoe of behavior (unfinished buggy product that you pay full price so that YOU can do the hard work of beta testing) is unethical,and down right unacceptable.

ACT NOW

Your fellow gamer,

Blades

PHX
03-29-2005, 11:19 AM
I think you are blowing it out of proportion. Sure there are some issues, but none warrant returning it "en-mass". I have seen FAR worse problems in other games, some that were unplayable by a huge number of people. That's not the case with SHIII - IMO. Compared to some other titles, SHIII is very stable and while some could say it's missing some features, it's still a very enjoyable sim.

We had a patch within a week of the games release. I think that shows they are committed to fixing the issues.

dagamecat
03-29-2005, 11:19 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Blades1965:
Folks...I want to reinforce that YOU have the power here. Send the Publisher a loud a clear message that you/we will not tolerate this type of unfinished garbage to be released. I recommend we return this game en-mass as a "defective product". Trust that most stores (and mail order houses) for that matter will allow you to return the product if it is truly defective (which it is) to get a store credit for a totaly different product. I returned my copy to EB yesterday using this tactic, and it worked great (I also had printouts of the posts from the this board detaining all the issues - which providd more leverage).

I have also written letters to all National chains that I have seen that stock this item, detailing the bugs, issues, and overall defective nature of the game - urging them to recall it, as it is unfair to sell to their customers and reflects bad on them.

If we all take these proactive measures en-mass, we will help to teach the publisher and industry that this tyoe of behavior (unfinished buggy product that you pay full price so that YOU can do the hard work of beta testing) is unethical,and down right unacceptable.

ACT NOW

Your fellow gamer,

Blades <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

right... erm

let me think.... errrr....

umm....

NO! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif

Blades1965
03-29-2005, 11:24 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by PHX:
I think you are blowing it out of proportion. Sure there are some issues, but none warrant returning it "en-mass". I have seen FAR worse problems in other games, some that were unplayable by a huge number of people. That's not the case with SHIII - IMO. Compared to some other titles, SHIII is very stable and while some could say it's missing some features, it's still a very enjoyable sim.

We had a patch within a week of the games release. I think that shows they are committed to fixing the issues. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Let's see...your cant sucessfully save your game through a career....don't think that this qualifies as "stable" or "just missing some features"

No this game is just not finished period!

eddie_wood
03-29-2005, 11:27 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Blades1965:
Folks... SNIP! <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

What problems do *YOU* have. Don't just repeat what you see here, list the exact problem that is affecting *YOU*. You may find that it has already been fixed by others that can help.

dagamecat
03-29-2005, 11:27 AM
Let's see...your cant sucessfully save your game through a career....don't think that this qualifies as "stable" or "just missing some features"

No this game is just not finished period! <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I can.

so can nearly everybody else here...

must be something wrong on your side.

ksgant
03-29-2005, 11:42 AM
So, let me see...since YOU'RE having problems, everyone should return the game? Everyone should write letters because YOU'RE having problems?

You see, only the people having problems post here, what about the multitudes that are actually playing the game and are too busy to post to a problem forum that they're having no problems?

Your logic is flawed. "I come to the help forums, I see posts that people are needing help and having problems, therefore everyone needs help and is having problems".

The game plays flawlessly for me. The ONLY problem I have is with Starforce and how it screwed up my system. But this has NOTHING to do with SHIII not being finished or bug-ridden etc etc. It has to do with Ubisoft and Starforce. SHIII saves without a problem, it loads without a problem, it has never once crashed to the desktop. Again, FOR ME. Just because you're having a problem, don't assume that EVERYONE is having it...the same way I don't assume everyone isn't having a problem. Starforce is another matter.

diveatc
03-29-2005, 11:52 AM
blade

get a life. It works fine on my cpu, and has bugs like any other new game. If you do not like just do not play it and move on.

Anyone who spends as much time and energy complaining about this is beyond hope. Perhaps you mommie and daddy can still help.

Qbeesh800
03-29-2005, 12:09 PM
Well, you're right, but i felt in http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/heart.gif with this game. The only bug that annoys me is this freakin' fog in UZO and this complicated procedure to make grammophone work properly.

Tikigod78
03-29-2005, 12:19 PM
Its freakin $40!!!! You spend that much on dinner or gas for your freakin car. If you have a girlfriend you would understand this is nothing compared to usual everyday expenses. If you want to complain about sending something back then blame crude oil prices and send the freakin oil back. At least these guys worked hard for what they produced so far and actually have a talent that I am willing to invest in...the price of a dinner is the least I could do for them. I think you are a cheap bastard if you ask me...you are the type of penny pinching swine that keep our troops over seas with the bare minimum. You should be ashamed of yourself. Try working for a living instead of playing video games all day. If you can't give the developers at least $40 for the standard of this game then you are not in the financial situation to be gaming in the first place...there are plenty of other goods and services out there I would be more bitter about then the time and effort spent into developing this game. In my eyes this is cheap for the amount of work and creativity you are getting. Most meals at $40 take less then 15-20 minutes to make. You are talking about a product that was in development for more than 2 years.

I'm impressed with the game. I applaud all the effort put into it. But, I do agree they shouldn't give up on the support for their customers. Which I haven't seen so far. So you have no right to complain yet. Also, they can't test every single type of system out there. That is the point of waiting and patching to see what issues arise on the forrums. It is impossible to release a bug free game...if we all had the same standard homogeneous product that cannot be modded such as a dvd player for playing movies, etc. then I would support your arguement. But, you are talking about systems that have too many different types configurations and it takes time to accomadate all of them. If you are impatient for this process then I agree take it back and wait until more patches before you buy it. Most intelligent people do that anyway.

I think its stable enough for the release. I haven't had any problems with the campaign other than the minor bugs you see posted on the forrums and I am pretty far into it. The developers are past due on the release and I'm sure the publisher pushed it for that reason. You can't work on these games forever for free. The developers go into debt the day they commit to the project. They need to get some kind of income in order to operate and after 2 years I think they need a well deserved vacation. I would be burnt out by that point.

jwojak
03-29-2005, 12:25 PM
I can play it just fine and have never had any installation/launch/saving problems either.

What frustrates me is how difficult it is to find and sink ships. But this has more to do with my true lack of skill and experience than bugs in the game. I can't hit the side of a battleship standing still, which I find extremely funny in a LOL at myself way. But I still like playing the game. I am truly the worst u-boat commander ever. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

For some perverse reason I really enjoy the real time aspect of the game. Leaving the speed setting on 1 and sailing around for hours, there's something refreshing and real about it rather than being zapped from point a to b.