PDA

View Full Version : Gratefull

XyZspineZyX
12-10-2003, 12:32 AM
.I just would like to say that I think I am one of very many people who appreciate all the hard work that so many people do to to give pleasure and 'know how' to all of us who are maybe too passive in the community. My 'silence' is more to do with a feeling of inferiority than beeing ungrateful..... When I look at movies like 'stranger1', 'stillenachtinstalingrad', 'JG54_705' and 'smolensk' and so many more breathtaking movies, how can I say something like 'you should do that and this'... when I am so impressed not only of the skills and work but even more of the willingness to help and teach others........ I can only say: Thanks all for the pleasure and knowledge you give me and so many others!
................. /Spook
.PS Someone said that its hard for non-englishspeaking people to really say what they would like to say.... its very true... I am from Sweden and would like to be able to express myself in english as I can in my own language, but it´s impossible........ DS

XyZspineZyX
12-10-2003, 12:32 AM
.I just would like to say that I think I am one of very many people who appreciate all the hard work that so many people do to to give pleasure and 'know how' to all of us who are maybe too passive in the community. My 'silence' is more to do with a feeling of inferiority than beeing ungrateful..... When I look at movies like 'stranger1', 'stillenachtinstalingrad', 'JG54_705' and 'smolensk' and so many more breathtaking movies, how can I say something like 'you should do that and this'... when I am so impressed not only of the skills and work but even more of the willingness to help and teach others........ I can only say: Thanks all for the pleasure and knowledge you give me and so many others!
................. /Spook
.PS Someone said that its hard for non-englishspeaking people to really say what they would like to say.... its very true... I am from Sweden and would like to be able to express myself in english as I can in my own language, but it´s impossible........ DS

XyZspineZyX
12-10-2003, 03:21 AM
Spook
For someone who fears they can't express themselves well in English.... you did a remarkably good job of it

One of my movies was mentioned so for me I'll say thank you for the post. It helps my moods /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

I harp on about criticism vs. critique
Criticism is saying "that sucked" or "I hate the way you did that" or "boring" , etc. if you don't like it, shut-up and move-on, it's art and not everybody likes the same art.

Critique is saying " I had a hard time reading that text it went by so fast" or "it was hard to read that white text against the light background". These are valid and constructive. It's how I get a feel for what's right. In my last movie the text was too fast. I didn't realize it, because I wrote it and could follow along just fine. it took someone else, to let me know it was too fast.

So criticize not at all, but critique to your hearts content [although my ego might not like more than one or two critiques per post /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif ]

"if you're a story teller and someone listens while you tell that story you're an artist...

If you're a story teller and no-one is listening while you tell that story you're schizophrenic...

I like to consider myself a story teller... if it weren't for you i'd be crazy"

"It is well that war is so terrible, lest we grow too fond of it."
-- Robert E. Lee

Virtual Movie Forum at http://www.blacksheepwebdesign.net/VirtualWarCinema/

http://jrjacobs.mystarband.net/images/squad%20logo.jpg