PDA

View Full Version : Just a online rumour?

Batzter
02-12-2007, 01:52 PM
So alot of ppl online are talking about 2 new ranks, whats up with that? Is this something ubi has commented on officially? It seems to me that theyve atleast thought about it since its not possible to fill up the invisible bar on elite, i mean if it was it wouldnt be possible to trigger a late added rank.

Batzter
02-12-2007, 01:52 PM
So alot of ppl online are talking about 2 new ranks, whats up with that? Is this something ubi has commented on officially? It seems to me that theyve atleast thought about it since its not possible to fill up the invisible bar on elite, i mean if it was it wouldnt be possible to trigger a late added rank.

randolfphe
02-12-2007, 03:10 PM
when nothing substantial comes from ubi, people naturally make stuff up to satisfy their needs

Batzter
02-12-2007, 03:14 PM
Well i think it would be cool and something new to play for. Although i knew that i wouldnt get a new rank after elite it still felt like i was making progress, nowdays it only feels like im handing out points in ranked games.

AND PPL NEED TO STOP BOOSTING IN T-HUNT SO THAT THEIR RANKS ACTUALLY MEANS SOMETHING WHEN THEYRE PLAYING RANKED TEAM SHARPSHOOTER

StitchFC
02-12-2007, 04:19 PM
ironically enough you cant boost with t-hunt

terrorist hunts are a legit way to get points

maybe they reward more points because of the risk that if you lose you get zero

maybe the balance aint right BUT its the way it was made

the irony is - boosting is done using NON t-hunt gametypes.

rank really has more to do with how much time you invest in this game - not how good you are.

that is all =)

Batzter
02-12-2007, 04:33 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by StitchFC:
ironically enough you cant boost with t-hunt

terrorist hunts are a legit way to get points

maybe they reward more points because of the risk that if you lose you get zero

maybe the balance aint right BUT its the way it was made

the irony is - boosting is done using NON t-hunt gametypes.

rank really has more to do with how much time you invest in this game - not how good you are.

that is all =) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I call it boosting because theyre not gaining any experience other than t-hunt experience, which will take them nowhere in a "real" game. And somewhere in my crazy mind i imagine that rank actually is somewhat of a sign of your skill. A player that has earned his rank by just playing sharpshooter or any other game mode against real ppl knows the maps and how ppl usually play. As of now im always stuck with a bunch of ppl that doesnt know how to play the game although im getting rid of the low ranks in the lobby.

StitchFC
02-12-2007, 05:34 PM
Boosting in my experience generally referred to cheating the system by gaining xp in an unattended manner.

Terrorist Hunts were put in the game by the people that made the game - the point system was setup with this in mind.

I think the misconception is with the whole rank associated to points associated to time invested rather than skill.

keep in mind - one can gain Elite rank without winning one single match - not one. because you get xp on a loss in sharpshooter or any other objective game. Only terrorist hunts (that I am aware of) are zero points on failure.

so in the end - what is rank if even without boosting or terrorist hunting or even ever winning you can still achieve Elite?

so again - in the end Rank/points is really just time invested - the more skilled you are the faster you gain it - but at the end of a few months even the least skilled can get to the end.

Brownsnakeeyes
02-12-2007, 06:45 PM
I think it's UBIs fault simply because people boost to get the unlockables. They should've been unlocked from the beginning.

If they would've done this the boosters would be cut in half or more.

I have friends that have done the elite glitch. I have no problem because by the time I would have reached the elite rank I'll most likely be playing games like GRAW2 more often.

So glitchin or boostin doesn't really matter to me. UBI just had a brain fart when they decided to link the unlockables to the ranks.

Matter of fact I'll probably end up glitchin up to elite just to see what the big deal is with the custom camo.

But since GRAW2 will be out next month, I'm thinking I should've done it a month ago.

captmac07
02-12-2007, 07:42 PM
I agree with Brownsnakeeyes,if the PEC was unlocked from the beginning then people would've just created all kinds of different Camo from the start and it would've been no big deal.
But instead people Boosted,Glitched,Exploited gamestyles,All for Rank,and judge you by Rank,you can be booted for being too high or too low of Rank.I don't think that would be happening if the Rank symbols were removed, and all were equal.It's still a good game but I hope if PEC is in the next one, Rank is not,unlock it from the start.After all Rank is not supposed to mean anything in this game.

BYOB Kenobi
02-13-2007, 01:41 PM
I've found that the hate on elites has cooled off a bit in the past week or so. I didn't boost and I had to put up with my stats being evaluated every single time I joined a room, but now it's getting better.

Since when isn't terrorist hunt a "real" game? Some people have no interest in adversarial game types and would prefer to play co-op. I'm not one of them, but why shouldn't those people be able to hit higher ranks?

I never thought about the extra xp offsetting the chance of getting zero xp before. If you're going to get a ton of XP doing terrorist hunts you're going to have to be perfect over and over and over without making a mistake. Blow a round after a few minutes of trying and you're still averaging the same as you would playing other gametypes.

Batzter
02-13-2007, 02:41 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BYOBKenobi:
I've found that the hate on elites has cooled off a bit in the past week or so. I didn't boost and I had to put up with my stats being evaluated every single time I joined a room, but now it's getting better.

Since when isn't terrorist hunt a "real" game? Some people have no interest in adversarial game types and would prefer to play co-op. I'm not one of them, but why shouldn't those people be able to hit higher ranks?

I never thought about the extra xp offsetting the chance of getting zero xp before. If you're going to get a ton of XP doing terrorist hunts you're going to have to be perfect over and over and over without making a mistake. Blow a round after a few minutes of trying and you're still averaging the same as you would playing other gametypes. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Just a random question, how did you earn exp to become an elite? Was it through team sharpshooter and if so how many kills do you have? I just want to compare myself to someone that hasnt been boosting/exploting and see how im doing. Im very aware of that the L-boards are far from updated and im not even sure if theyre equally partially updated for everybody. One legit major i know only has 500 kills registered although hes legit and has only been playing tss

AntiPersonnel
02-13-2007, 02:49 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">AND PPL NEED TO STOP BOOSTING IN T-HUNT SO THAT THEIR RANKS ACTUALLY MEANS SOMETHING WHEN THEYRE PLAYING RANKED TEAM SHARPSHOOTER </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

honestly though, even when people "earn" their rank legit way... it still means NOTHING.

the rank system is set up so that if earned "legitimately", it ONLY indicates the amount of time you've spent in the game. it has nothing to do with skill, nor the way you earn it has anything to do with skill.

Batzter
02-13-2007, 02:59 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by AntiPersonnel:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">AND PPL NEED TO STOP BOOSTING IN T-HUNT SO THAT THEIR RANKS ACTUALLY MEANS SOMETHING WHEN THEYRE PLAYING RANKED TEAM SHARPSHOOTER </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

honestly though, even when people "earn" their rank legit way... it still means NOTHING.

the rank system is set up so that if earned "legitimately", it ONLY indicates the amount of time you've spent in the game. it has nothing to do with skill, nor the way you earn it has anything to do with skill. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Learning curve? Id say that im getting the most kills and less amount of deaths in 95 % of all my games played. Those other 5 % are games where my team is dominating the other team to the degree where i stop taking it serious and are just doing stupid things i wouldnt do on a regular basis, ive usually been in command before the domination started though.

BYOB Kenobi
02-13-2007, 03:04 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Batzter:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BYOBKenobi:

I never thought about the extra xp offsetting the chance of getting zero xp before. If you're going to get a ton of XP doing terrorist hunts you're going to have to be perfect over and over and over without making a mistake. Blow a round after a few minutes of trying and you're still averaging the same as you would playing other gametypes. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Just a random question, how did you earn exp to become an elite? Was it through team sharpshooter and if so how many kills do you have? I just want to compare myself to someone that hasnt been boosting/exploting and see how im doing. Im very aware of that the L-boards are far from updated and im not even sure if theyre equally partially updated for everybody. One legit major i know only has 500 kills registered although hes legit and has only been playing tss </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I've only played two ranked rounds and my stats don't show.

I play mostly team sharpshooter and team survival. One week I'll only want to play TS, the next I only want TSS. Every few days we'll have a retreival night where we'll play a ton of R.

People flip about "not getting enough points" in team survival, but I played the most TS of all my friends and I hit Elite first by a longshot.

2 minute Team Survival win gives you aprox 200 points (with ballanced teams). If you win 10 in a row that's 2000 points for 20 minutes of play. If you win a 20 minute sharpshooter with even teams you get 1200 points.

Basically, the more you play and the less you're in the menus or the lobby the more points you'll get.

On top of that, the more you WIN the more points you'll get.

On top of THAT the more you play with even numbered teams, the more points you will get.

So play with friends in even rooms and win.

I think I'm pretty good, but I'm far from great. I feel like I'm missing something that would push me over the top and can't wait to figure it out.

AntiPersonnel
02-13-2007, 03:04 PM
i think it is a fair assumption that a lot of people who do take the time out to earn their rank gain enough experience and practice to actually improve their skill to very decent kill/death ratio.

however, the majority of human life is mediocre and by scale comparison, the majority of human players on vegas online are also mediocre..

no matter HOW MUCH they play. of course you will always find those who are above average, and those well below... but as it goers, the majority of people will just be average, including those who have played the same amount of hours as those who "own" in this game.